GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Tornelco
Veteran Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Tornelco » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:36 pm

JeanFrancois wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:21 pm

I have my MP CAF interview tomorrow lol. They did my enhanced reliability this week(25 minutes on the phone with each reference, crazy)
But i'll probably sit on the competition list for six months cause most of their spots are full.

I had a light lasik procedure 14 years ago and it's never stopped me from anything medical.
Its the corneal crosslinking that gets you deemed medically unfit FOR LIFE. It makes no sense if you know anything about corneal crosslinking. I was thinking of appealing the decision but I figured I got other opportunities to consider.
"Don't put a man where you can put a bullet"
-Sgt K, An Amazing Police Officer

JeanFrancois
Seasoned Member

Postby JeanFrancois » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:39 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:36 pm
JeanFrancois wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:21 pm

I have my MP CAF interview tomorrow lol. They did my enhanced reliability this week(25 minutes on the phone with each reference, crazy)
But i'll probably sit on the competition list for six months cause most of their spots are full.

I had a light lasik procedure 14 years ago and it's never stopped me from anything medical.
Its the corneal crosslinking that gets you deemed medically unfit FOR LIFE. It makes no sense if you know anything about corneal crosslinking. I was thinking of appealing the decision but I figured I got other opportunities to consider.
Appeal it. I am sorry, I do not. I left my medical degree in my past life :)

Remember the trippy part of the surgery when you get to feel like what it feels to be blind when they cut your nerves or whatever it was; having your eyes held open and all you see are flashing lights like you are in the borg wormhole from star trek lol.
CBSA:
App: August 2018
O.T.E.E: Sept 2018
Interview: Jan 21 2019
PAL: Jul 2019
MMPI-2 Testing: Sept 6 2019
Psychologist Appointment: Sept 16 2019

My views and opinions are my own.

jwlong
Rookie Member

Postby jwlong » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:36 am

Jasonjckl wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:15 pm
New member just posting now since I completed all the steps so hopefully going to be seeing some people here when training starts and thought to connect here. I read some recent posts here regarding timelines so I can share mine:
Applied September 2018, otee same month results October
Interview January and results about week later
Psych testing April and results about week later
PARE in April after psych
Sent security papers in May, interview in July and clearance 3 weeks later

I saw some speculation regarding what could affect someone's timeline but I honestly think there's no way figure it out so no bother trying. I'm 29, work as a sales manager with no previous law enforcement experience and no government clearances in the past, no post secondary education and only speak English, so hopefully that helps people wondering about that sort of stuff that no one really knows why everyone's process is so different.
very nice our timelines are pretty much identical. I still waiting on the security interview. Hoping its soon.
Applied: August 2018
OTEE: Sept 2018 Pass
Interview: Feb 2019 Pass
Psy Eval & Interview - April 2019 pass
Med Eval: June 2019 Pass
Sec Clearance: May 2019 - Submitted/Waiting
Sec Interview: Waiting
PARE March 2019: Pass
RPAL: March 2019 Passed

CBSAVALLEE

Postby CBSAVALLEE » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:17 am

Boomboom72 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:16 pm
Got some awesome news this morning!! I was granted my Secret clearance and now I just have to wait for the invite for the OITP!!

For those wondering, I had my integrity interview last monday, so things are moving along fairly quickly for those at this stage!!

Good luck to everyone in the process :)
CONGRADULATION!
:)

CBSAVALLEE

Postby CBSAVALLEE » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:44 am

Last edited by CBSAVALLEE on Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

CBSAVALLEE

Postby CBSAVALLEE » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:52 am

CBSAVALLEE wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:44 am
Hi guys!
Honesty I want to talk about something regarding ''Normal Timelines'' etc. That means nothing. My thought about that recruiting process is it depend where they need BSO's. Maybe I'm wrong but I honestly can't find a ''pattern '' between all your timeline together. First of all I'm a bilingual women. 30 years old. I'm in shape physically (like really ) and I have solid skills regarding security.

I've done my interview in July 2018. Already done my PARE in March 2018. I've passed my psych tests and the psych interview the same day In September 18. 3 days later, I've received the @ saying that I was successful. In October and December, that was the SLE (3 English exams). Passed my medical in March 19. I had to send my security paperwork(again) in may because the one I sent in August 18 was no longer valid. Received an E-mail concerning my security clearence starting in June 19. But I'm still waiting to know when will be my security interview.
Regarding the fact that they NEED bilingual female BSO'S, you guys seems to have a faster process than I do. I don't blame anyone from the recruiting team (I have a lot of respect for them), I just don't see any pattern about timelines. During that waiting time, I work more and more on my English. I physically train myself even harder. I do want to be a BSO. The saddest thing about my appliance is the fact that I had to wait 2 years before reapplying 4 years ago because I failed one part of my interview ( 7 competencies passed instead of 8 ). So, in my head, I'm in this since 2014 (firearms, the waiting time when you apply, etc). It's been a long time since I dream to become a BSO. So I can tell you one thing : If you don't have any e-mail from them for months , dont worry. If it's your dream, you'll achieve it . Bon succès à tous ! :D

Boomboom72
Rookie Member

Postby Boomboom72 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:14 am

CBSAVALLEE wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:17 am
Boomboom72 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:16 pm
Got some awesome news this morning!! I was granted my Secret clearance and now I just have to wait for the invite for the OITP!!

For those wondering, I had my integrity interview last monday, so things are moving along fairly quickly for those at this stage!!

Good luck to everyone in the process :)
CONGRADULATION!
Thank you / Merci :)
Applied: June 2018
OTEE: Sept 2018 (Passed)
Interview: Nov 2018 (Passed)
Psych: March 2019 (Passed)
Security / backround: April 2019 (Passed)
Pare: June 2019 (Passed)
Medical: June 2019 (Passed)
Integrity: August 2019 (Passed)
OITP: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

BoltUp

Postby BoltUp » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 am

CBSAVALLEE wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:52 am
CBSAVALLEE wrote:
Hi guys!
Honesty I want to talk about something regarding ''Normal Timelines'' etc. That means nothing. My thought about that recruiting process is it depend where they need BSO's. Maybe I'm wrong but I honestly can't find a ''pattern '' between all your timeline together. First of all I'm a bilingual women. 30 years old. I'm in shape physically (like really ) and I have solid skills regarding security.

I've done my interview in July 2018. Already done my PARE in March 2018. I've passed my psych tests and the psych interview the same day In September 18. 3 days later, I've received the @ saying that I was successful. In October and December, that was the SLE (3 English exams). Passed my medical in March 19. I had to send my security paperwork(again) in may because the one I sent in August 18 was no longer valid. Received an E-mail concerning my security clearence starting in June 19. But I'm still waiting to know when will be my security interview.
Regarding the fact that they NEED bilingual female BSO'S, you guys seems to have a faster process than I do. I don't blame anyone from the recruiting team (I have a lot of respect for them), I just don't see any pattern about timelines. During that waiting time, I work more and more on my English. I physically train myself even harder. I do want to be a BSO. The saddest thing about my appliance is the fact that I had to wait 2 years before reapplying 4 years ago because I failed one part of my interview ( 7 competencies passed instead of 8 ). So, in my head, I'm in this since 2014 (firearms, the waiting time when you apply, etc). It's been a long time since I dream to become a BSO. So I can tell you one thing : If you don't have any e-mail from them for months , dont worry. If it's your dream, you'll achieve it . Bon succès à tous ! :D
Good luck to you CBSAVALLE! Like they say, “good things come to those who wait” 🤗
CBSA

Applied: Sept, 2018
OTEE: Oct, 2018
PARE: Nov, 2018
Interview: Nov, 2018

Psych Eval, April, 2019
Security papers sent April 30, 2019
Medical Eval: May 2019
Integrity Int/Clearance Granted: Aug 23, 2019

OITP:
Rigaud:

CBSAVALLEE

Postby CBSAVALLEE » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:27 am

BoltUp wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 am
CBSAVALLEE wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:52 am
CBSAVALLEE wrote:
Hi guys!

Good luck to you CBSAVALLE! Like they say, “good things come to those who wait” 🤗
Thank you ! :) I wish you the same !

CanBr19
Veteran Member

Postby CanBr19 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:15 pm

Last edited by CanBr19 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CBSAVALLEE

Postby CBSAVALLEE » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:55 pm

CanBr19 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:15 pm
2014, wow, one persistent applicant ;)

Good luck ahead !
Yes I am ! I wish you good luck too :)

CanBr19
Veteran Member

Postby CanBr19 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:00 pm

Last edited by CanBr19 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtturnbu
Rookie Member

Postby mtturnbu » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:29 pm

Got my psych eval invite yesterday! Sept. 23! So much for email Fridays haha
CBSA:

PAL: June 2018
Applied: Feb 2019
OTEE: Mar 2019 - Pass
Interview: June 5, 2019 - Pass
PARE: July 7, 2019 - Pass
Psych: September 23, 2019
Psych Interview: TBD

JeanFrancois
Seasoned Member

Postby JeanFrancois » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:00 pm

mtturnbu wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:29 pm
Got my psych eval invite yesterday! Sept. 23! So much for email Fridays haha
Congrats
CBSA:
App: August 2018
O.T.E.E: Sept 2018
Interview: Jan 21 2019
PAL: Jul 2019
MMPI-2 Testing: Sept 6 2019
Psychologist Appointment: Sept 16 2019

My views and opinions are my own.

CBSAVALLEE

Postby CBSAVALLEE » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:37 pm

CanBr19 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:00 pm
CBSAVALLEE wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:55 pm
CanBr19 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:15 pm
2014, wow, one persistent applicant ;)

Good luck ahead !
Yes I am ! I wish you good luck too :)
Thx !

You are at the finish line, most likely in Rigaud 2020 !
It's feels good to read that. This is very encouraging me in that long journey. Thank you so much and I'm exited to meet you all ! :)