GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Ulcaster555
Regular Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Ulcaster555 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:10 am

Hi everyone,

Update:

CBSA to resume integrity interviews starting next week.
Interviews will be conducted over the phone.

CBSA will try to be flexible as much as possible for times and dates related to the interviews during this crisis.
CBSA/ASFC

Here to correct false and/or inaccurate information.
Ici pour corriger les informations fausses et/ou inexactes.

I do not speak on behalf of the CBSA.
Je ne parle pas au nom de l'ASFC.

kellylihomes
Regular Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:41 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby kellylihomes » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:15 am

Ulcaster555 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:10 am
Hi everyone,

Update:

CBSA to resume integrity interviews starting next week.
Interviews will be conducted over the phone.

CBSA will try to be flexible as much as possible for times and dates related to the interviews during this crisis.
Hello Ulcaster555, thank you very much for posting the updated information. I guess we just have to be patient for the time being. I hope the crisis will end soon and we can get back on track.
CBSA Applicant
Applied: Aug 2018
OTEE: Sep 2018 (passes)
Interview: December 2018 (passed)
PARE: January 2019 (passed)
Psy Evaluation: April 2019 (passed)
Security paper: May 2019
Medical: July 2019 (passed)
Security clearance: December 2019
OITP:
Rigaud:

hsinom
Veteran Member
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:05 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby hsinom » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:56 pm

Ulcaster555 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:10 am
Hi everyone,

Update:

CBSA to resume integrity interviews starting next week.
Interviews will be conducted over the phone.

CBSA will try to be flexible as much as possible for times and dates related to the interviews during this crisis.

Would you be able to share any information for candidates waiting for a invite ?
CBSA BC
Applied- Aug 2017
Inventory/Request for Docs- Dec 2017
Interview- Sept 2018
Security Sent- Sept 2018
Psych - Oct 2018
Medical - Feb 2019/Mar 2020 Renewal
Pare- April 2019
Security Interview - May 2019
Security Clearance- Dec 2019
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

new2this
Rookie Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:20 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby new2this » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:41 pm

Looks like the soonest availability for a PARE test at this point (that I can find) is July in Brampton.

sunnysun
Rookie Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:08 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby sunnysun » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:24 pm

guys any update on Security Interviews or anything else so far?

Thanks

Kobi1
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:30 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Kobi1 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:04 pm

It seems they are cutting hours at various border crossings. Probably does not bode well for future intakes this year or this summer at any rate...
Applied: June 17
OTEE: January 18 - PASS
Interview: October 18 - PASS
Psych Evaluation: November 18 - PASS
Security papers: Sent February 19
PARE: March 19- PASS
Medical Evaluation: April 19 - PASS
Security Clearance: September 19 - PASS
Med redo: Apr 20

IronWolf
Seasoned Member
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby IronWolf » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:34 pm

Kobi1 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:04 pm
It seems they are cutting hours at various border crossings. Probably does not bode well for future intakes this year or this summer at any rate...
Yeah, it is the logical thing to do, having in mind the reduction of traffic.

This will be over and the things will roll again eventually. And may be even this summer, I am optimistic. If not, 2021 it is.

User avatar
kittycat1024
Regular Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:03 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby kittycat1024 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:48 am

I wonder for those candidates (2020 Jan, Feb intake) who were being sent home from Riguard do they still get paid?
Applied: 2018
PAL: Obtained
Interview: Oct 2019 (Passed)
PARE: Feb 2020 (Passed)
MMPI: TBC
:swords:

JDube
Rookie Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:06 am
Location: Eastern Townships
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JDube » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:49 am

kittycat1024 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:48 am
I wonder for those candidates (2020 Jan, Feb intake) who were being sent home from Riguard do they still get paid?

The allowance in Rigaud is not a salary. It would be under all legal minimum wages in Canada.

Since candidates are home, I doubt CBSA still gives them an allowance for the inconvenience of training. And let's be honest, at 125$/week, it doesn't make much of a difference.
Last edited by JDube on Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quebec CBSA applicant timeline
Applied: Jan 16th 2019
OTEE: Feb 21-25th 2019 - Results March, Pass
Interview: May 27th 2019 - Results June Pass
Psych eval: September 2019 - Pass
Security papers - Sent November 2019
Integrity interview - March 2020

IronWolf
Seasoned Member
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby IronWolf » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:38 am

JDube wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:49 am
kittycat1024 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:48 am
I wonder for those candidates (2020 Jan, Feb intake) who were being sent home from Riguard do they still get paid?

The allowance in Rigaud is not a salary. It would be under all legal minimum wages in Canada.

Since candidates are home, I doubt CBSA still gives them an allowance for the inconvenience of training. And let's be honest, at 125$/month, it doesn't make much of a difference.
It's 125$ per week, but yeah, not much.

They may qualify for CERB, maybe worth checking.

JDube
Rookie Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:06 am
Location: Eastern Townships
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JDube » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:02 am

IronWolf wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:38 am
JDube wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:49 am
kittycat1024 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:48 am
I wonder for those candidates (2020 Jan, Feb intake) who were being sent home from Riguard do they still get paid?

The allowance in Rigaud is not a salary. It would be under all legal minimum wages in Canada.

Since candidates are home, I doubt CBSA still gives them an allowance for the inconvenience of training. And let's be honest, at 125$/month, it doesn't make much of a difference.
It's 125$ per week, but yeah, not much.

They may qualify for CERB, maybe worth checking.
My bad, yes, it's per week!
Quebec CBSA applicant timeline
Applied: Jan 16th 2019
OTEE: Feb 21-25th 2019 - Results March, Pass
Interview: May 27th 2019 - Results June Pass
Psych eval: September 2019 - Pass
Security papers - Sent November 2019
Integrity interview - March 2020

Newrecruit1983
Rookie Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 5:31 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Newrecruit1983 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:42 pm

JDube wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:02 am
IronWolf wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:38 am
JDube wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:49 am



The allowance in Rigaud is not a salary. It would be under all legal minimum wages in Canada.

Since candidates are home, I doubt CBSA still gives them an allowance for the inconvenience of training. And let's be honest, at 125$/month, it doesn't make much of a difference.
It's 125$ per week, but yeah, not much.

They may qualify for CERB, maybe worth checking.
My bad, yes, it's per week!
I was sent home in March from Rigaud and yes since being home they continue to pay us and we can get the CERB as well. I don’t cause I went back to my old job but you can get both.

IronWolf
Seasoned Member
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby IronWolf » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:53 pm

Newrecruit1983 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:42 pm
JDube wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:02 am
IronWolf wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:38 am


It's 125$ per week, but yeah, not much.

They may qualify for CERB, maybe worth checking.
My bad, yes, it's per week!
I was sent home in March from Rigaud and yes since being home they continue to pay us and we can get the CERB as well. I don’t cause I went back to my old job but you can get both.
Great, it is admirable for CBSA to keep the stipend and that CERB is available for people that need it !

Keep the spirit up guys, the end of this pandemic lock-down is near !

Jumb34t
Regular Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Jumb34t » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:41 pm

Haven't been on here since last month. Just got an e-mail earlier today that Health Canada will be closed for the month of May and that my CAT III appointment has been cancelled :( Guess I'll have to wait and see when I will be able to rebook it.

Anyways, hope everyone is staying safe and maintaining proper social distance!
CBSA Applicant - GTA
Applied: Sep/18
OTEE: Oct/18 77.5%
Interview: Apr/19
PARE: Aug/19
Psych Eval: Oct/19
Psych Interview: Nov/19
Sec Doc sent: Jan/20
CFSC & CRFSC: Mar/20
Med Eval: May/20
Sec Interview & Clearance: July/20
OITP: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

User avatar
BoltUp
Regular Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby BoltUp » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:22 pm

dankmb wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:16 pm
Hi friends,

I recently contacted my local college where the PARE test is held - their next test date is April 15th, CBSA asked me to complete the PARE by May 8th. Unfortunately the one at the college near me is cancelled due to COVID and I was told colleges are closed until September. I have no where near me that does tests that ARENT inside of colleges... is my only option to wait?
Hi dankmb,

I’m not sure where you’re from but I also have to renew my PARE and was given an extension until May 29th. I found a couple of places offering PARE tests in B.C. and in Alberta. Check out this website...
https://www.lepat.com

One is on Vancouver Island on May 10th. The other location is in Edmonton on May 9th and at this location they are giving Individual times to come and run the test upon registration to ensure compliance with social distancing and COVID precautions. All equipment will be disinfected between users. Hopefully you have found something but if not, maybe one of these will work for you or other applicants.💪🏼
CBSA

Applied: Sept, 2018
OTEE: Oct, 18
PARE: Nov, 18 - May, 20
Interview: Nov, 18

Psych Eval, April, 19
Security papers sent April 30, 19
Medical Eval: May 19
Integrity Interview Aug 20/19
Clearance Granted: Aug 23/19

OITP:
Rigaud:


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boxto, Google [Bot], north21, Tornelco and 6 guests