GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Campin16
Rookie Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:52 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Campin16 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:38 pm

singhs wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:06 pm
Applied In Feb 2019 ,Passed OTEE in March 2019. And, nothing since then. How many are out there in this situation? And, will I get an answer if write to the CBSA asking them about the progress?
Help would be appreciated.
Cheers!
If you check my signature you'll see it took me a long time from OTEE to Interview. Just be patient, it will come...
Last edited by Campin16 on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
CBSA
Applied: July 2018
OTEE: October 20th 2018
OTEE Results: October 31st (pass 77%)
Interview: June 19th 2019
Interview Results: July 2nd (pass)

User avatar
CanBr19
Regular Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 5:11 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby CanBr19 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:44 pm

singhs wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:06 pm
Applied In Feb 2019 ,Passed OTEE in March 2019. And, nothing since then. How many are out there in this situation? And, will I get an answer if write to the CBSA asking them about the progress?
Help would be appreciated.
Cheers!
You are not alone.
I am sure they haven't forgotten you. The process just takes time, and it varies greatly.
Check your Spam/Junk folders I would say and if nothing there, and you are still worried a lot, you can email the recruitment for status.
Most likely they will reply they haven't forgotten you, it's just that the process for some people takes longer for various reasons.

My general advice is do not email them for checking the status, as that just takes of their time to do other more important tasks ;)

Good luck, and see the post above yours, about patience and how to chill while waiting ;)

User avatar
JeanFrancois
Veteran Member
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JeanFrancois » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:08 pm

MakingItTrue wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:21 am
BoltUp wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:26 pm
kellylihomes wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:34 pm
Have you heard anything from your security clearance yet?
Nothing yet, but it’ll be 4 months in August since I had sent my papers in, so I’m keeping my 🤞🏽 that I’ll be one of the lucky ones. How about yours?
I'm coming up on 7 months. Zero criminal history of course, no tickets etc 100% clear and I have yet to hear anything else. Also only one house within the past 10 years, not many jobs for them to look into either as I'm 22.
The best law enforcement officers are criminals that never got caught :)

The list of places i've lived and worked is long, oh to be 22 again.
CBSA:
App: 08-18
O.T.E.E:
Interview:
PAL:
Psych: ?

TPS:
GIS: July 22th, 2019
PREP Practice: July 26th, 2019
WCT: Aug 17, 2019
PREP:
PATI: October 5th, 2019

User avatar
JeanFrancois
Veteran Member
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JeanFrancois » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:09 pm

Campin16 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:38 pm
singhs wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:06 pm
Applied In Feb 2019 ,Passed OTEE in March 2019. And, nothing since then. How many are out there in this situation? And, will I get an answer if write to the CBSA asking them about the progress?
Help would be appreciated.
Cheers!
If you check my signature you'll see I took me a long time from OTEE to Interview. Just be patient, it will come...
Congratulations on passing the interview.
CBSA:
App: 08-18
O.T.E.E:
Interview:
PAL:
Psych: ?

TPS:
GIS: July 22th, 2019
PREP Practice: July 26th, 2019
WCT: Aug 17, 2019
PREP:
PATI: October 5th, 2019

JesseJames
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:05 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JesseJames » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:35 pm

Got my Psych Test date email today! Looks like they are really getting caught up.

For everyone’s reference regarding time, I got my successful interview result on May 1st.
August 6th is the psych date.

Best of luck to everybody!

User avatar
CanBr19
Regular Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 5:11 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby CanBr19 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:25 pm

JesseJames wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:35 pm
Got my Psych Test date email today! Looks like they are really getting caught up.

For everyone’s reference regarding time, I got my successful interview result on May 1st.
August 6th is the psych date.

Best of luck to everybody!
Congrats !

fadeout
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:07 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby fadeout » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:24 pm

Is the firearms course required before the college? or before OITP?

Tornelco
Regular Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Tornelco » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:34 pm

fadeout wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:24 pm
Is the firearms course required before the college? or before OITP?
Regardless of when exactly it is needed, I'd recommend just taking it now. It's a short and fun course that has a use outside of the CBSA. At my course, we were able to handle the firearms such as loading and unloading snap-caps and manipulating the action. It really sparked my interest in firearms and marksmanship. I wish it wasn't such an expensive hobby or I would have stuck with it.

Look into it.
What is better? To be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?

User avatar
CanBr19
Regular Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 5:11 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby CanBr19 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:51 pm

fadeout wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:24 pm
Is the firearms course required before the college? or before OITP?
"3. Firearms safety courses
You must complete the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) and pass the tests before you begin training. You do not need a possession and acquisition license (PAL)."

listed here : https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/job-emploi/ ... g.html#_s3

So no OITP or college invite without that done by you is how I read it.

Jumb34t
Rookie Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Jumb34t » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:50 am

JesseJames wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:35 pm
Got my Psych Test date email today! Looks like they are really getting caught up.

For everyone’s reference regarding time, I got my successful interview result on May 1st.
August 6th is the psych date.

Best of luck to everybody!
Congrats! Got my interview result the same day! Good Luck on your Eval :D
CBSA Applicant
Applied: Sept 28/2018
OTEE: Oct 16/2018
OTEE Result: Oct 31/2018 Pass 77.5%
Interview: April 26/2019 Pass
PARE: Aug 16/2019
Psych: TBD

waiting001
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:17 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby waiting001 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:15 pm

MakingItTrue wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:21 am
BoltUp wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:26 pm
kellylihomes wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:34 pm
Have you heard anything from your security clearance yet?
Nothing yet, but it’ll be 4 months in August since I had sent my papers in, so I’m keeping my 🤞🏽 that I’ll be one of the lucky ones. How about yours?
I'm coming up on 7 months. Zero criminal history of course, no tickets etc 100% clear and I have yet to hear anything else. Also only one house within the past 10 years, not many jobs for them to look into either as I'm 22.
20 months as of today since I submitted my security documents. No invite for integrity interview so far.

Tornelco
Regular Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Tornelco » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:53 pm

Hey, Guys!

I have an update! I was jumping for joy 1 hour ago at my workout, then I was only sorta jumping for joy.

I got an email from the CBSA, which was strange since I thought I was supposed to get an email from the psychologist directly, but oh well, didn't bother me. But I was disappointed to see that I was simply getting an email to advise me that I should be getting an email from the psychologist soon, if not already, to book my exam and interview.

I am excited but at the same time, I'm wondering if this is an email saying "expect some action in the next week or 2" or "We haven't forgotten about you, hurry up and wait!"

Did anyone else get this email? How long did it take until the Psychologist emailed you after receiving that CBSA email?
What is better? To be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?

Catlady
Rookie Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:43 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Catlady » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:53 pm
Hey, Guys!

I have an update! I was jumping for joy 1 hour ago at my workout, then I was only sorta jumping for joy.

I got an email from the CBSA, which was strange since I thought I was supposed to get an email from the psychologist directly, but oh well, didn't bother me. But I was disappointed to see that I was simply getting an email to advise me that I should be getting an email from the psychologist soon, if not already, to book my exam and interview.

I am excited but at the same time, I'm wondering if this is an email saying "expect some action in the next week or 2" or "We haven't forgotten about you, hurry up and wait!"

Did anyone else get this email? How long did it take until the Psychologist emailed you after receiving that CBSA email?
Looks like it was sent to everyone - I got the email as well even though I already have a date for the psych evaluation.
CBSA -
Applied - January 2019
OTEE - February 2019 (pass)
Interview - April 2019 (pass)
CFSC/CRFSC - April 2019 (pass)
PARE - June 2019 (pass)
Psych Assessment Testing - July 2019
Psych Assessment Interview - August 2019

BoltUp
Regular Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:50 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby BoltUp » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:53 pm
Hey, Guys!

I have an update! I was jumping for joy 1 hour ago at my workout, then I was only sorta jumping for joy.

I got an email from the CBSA, which was strange since I thought I was supposed to get an email from the psychologist directly, but oh well, didn't bother me. But I was disappointed to see that I was simply getting an email to advise me that I should be getting an email from the psychologist soon, if not already, to book my exam and interview.

I am excited but at the same time, I'm wondering if this is an email saying "expect some action in the next week or 2" or "We haven't forgotten about you, hurry up and wait!"

Did anyone else get this email? How long did it take until the Psychologist emailed you after receiving that CBSA email?


This is great news for everyone, congratulations :thumbsup:
I was sent this email on March 12. Then on March 22 I received an email directly from the psychologist.
Good luck to everyone moving forward:)))
CBSA Application:

Applied: Sept, 2018
OTEE: Oct, 2018
PARE: Nov, 2018
Interview: Nov, 2018

Pscych Evaluation: April, 2019
Security papers sent April 2019
Medical Evaluation: May 2019
Security Interview:
OITP:
Rigaud:

User avatar
CanBr19
Regular Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 5:11 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby CanBr19 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:09 pm

Same here, the CBSA email says : "Since you have successfully passed the interview, you will be invited for psychological testing (MMPI) in the upcoming months. "

I also have my date already directly by the Psychologist.

Probably all the applicant files that were sent to Psychologyst for testing are now getting this generic CBSA status update email.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests