Page 1114 of 1150

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:28 pm
by Zepedder
Iv.sanchez wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:31 pm
Hey guys I recently got up to the psychological interview portion of the CBSA steps but deemed unsuccessful.

Now I have to wait till 2021 to try again.

Is there a way to redo this sooner than later? Also would I have to redo my PARE when I continue my application in 2021?

Thanks
Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling as I failed the initial interview when I first applied back in 2014 and had to wait two years to reapply. Unfortunately I think you'll have to wait whatever amount of time stated in the email they sent you. Additionally, your PARE results are only valid for 18 months so if they expire prior to you continuing your application, you'll have to retake it.

Best of luck to you in the future!

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:02 pm
by mendoza68
Anyone know if having a laptop at Rigaud is recommended?

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:11 pm
by IronWolf
mendoza68 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:02 pm
Anyone know if having a laptop at Rigaud is recommended?
They give you a learning laptop with no wifi, the CBSA site says. You can take your own for your free time, I guess.

Laptops in the learning room (when I visited in January 2020) were pretty decent, i7, 1080P 15.6" screens.

Here's what a search in the forum brings :
yojimbojack wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:58 pm
jd123 wrote:Is it beneficial for people to have their own laptop up at Rigaud? For class purposes, not personal. Thanks.
Only personal use allowed for your own laptop. You will be provided an agency laptop for class use. You are forbidden from bringing your own laptops/media devices/phones etc into the classroom facility.

The wifi in dorms/cafeteria is definitely terrible, barely works and you are capped for data use. I used my data plan ($$$) to Skype home as the wifi made it unbearable and too annoying. The other options are the student computer room CBSA PCs with hard wired Internet or the Tim Hortons wifi if you head down for a coffee.

My suggestion - get a good data plan before you go!

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:37 pm
by CBSAVALLEE
souper wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:22 pm
Jumb34t wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:54 am
Got my CATIII appointment booked but I didn't think it would be in 3 months, lol. I was hoping it would be within the month or something. Guess the clinic is really busy. Question though, what kind of tests will I be doing other than the vision and hearing that's mentioned on the Selection Process. I tried to go through the Occupational Health Eval Standard page but I'm just not seeing what I'm looking for.
Did you get an email from Recruiting that scheduled you for the medical or did you reach out to Health Canada directly for an appointment?

My security docs have been submitted 6 months now and I haven't heard anything since.
6 months = Early
I've waited for 1.5 years so...

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:47 pm
by mendoza68
IronWolf wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:11 pm
mendoza68 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:02 pm
Anyone know if having a laptop at Rigaud is recommended?
They give you a learning laptop with no wifi, the CBSA site says. You can take your own for your free time, I guess.

Laptops in the learning room (when I visited in January 2020) were pretty decent, i7, 1080P 15.6" screens.

Here's what a search in the forum brings :
yojimbojack wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:58 pm
jd123 wrote:Is it beneficial for people to have their own laptop up at Rigaud? For class purposes, not personal. Thanks.
Only personal use allowed for your own laptop. You will be provided an agency laptop for class use. You are forbidden from bringing your own laptops/media devices/phones etc into the classroom facility.

The wifi in dorms/cafeteria is definitely terrible, barely works and you are capped for data use. I used my data plan ($$$) to Skype home as the wifi made it unbearable and too annoying. The other options are the student computer room CBSA PCs with hard wired Internet or the Tim Hortons wifi if you head down for a coffee.

My suggestion - get a good data plan before you go!

Oh wow I knew the wifi wasn't very good but data capped too... Better bring lots of movies on a usb key

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:48 pm
by JEagle10
CBSAVALLEE wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:37 pm
souper wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:22 pm
Jumb34t wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:54 am
Got my CATIII appointment booked but I didn't think it would be in 3 months, lol. I was hoping it would be within the month or something. Guess the clinic is really busy. Question though, what kind of tests will I be doing other than the vision and hearing that's mentioned on the Selection Process. I tried to go through the Occupational Health Eval Standard page but I'm just not seeing what I'm looking for.
Did you get an email from Recruiting that scheduled you for the medical or did you reach out to Health Canada directly for an appointment?

My security docs have been submitted 6 months now and I haven't heard anything since.
6 months = Early
I've waited for 1.5 years so...
I think you got the short end of the stick sadly, when I did my integrity interview they told me that on average it takes one year from application to integrity interview

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:27 pm
by kellylihomes
I have a question regarding invite to training. I know nothing is 100% sure. I am just wondering what is the chance that someone gets invitation to training after completion of every steps. How do they decide who get picked first?

I got security clearance early December 2019. Maybe we can share about our clearance granted time for the ones are waiting for invite.

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:30 pm
by Boomboom72
kellylihomes wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:27 pm
I have a question regarding invite to training. I know nothing is 100% sure. I am just wondering what is the chance that someone gets invitation to training after completion of every steps. How do they decide who get picked first?

I got security clearance early December 2019. Maybe we can share about our clearance granted time for the ones are waiting for invite.
August 2019 for me... so going to be close to a year since I’ve finished all steps if I get in at some point this summer

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:31 pm
by kellylihomes
Boomboom72 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:30 pm
kellylihomes wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:27 pm
I have a question regarding invite to training. I know nothing is 100% sure. I am just wondering what is the chance that someone gets invitation to training after completion of every steps. How do they decide who get picked first?

I got security clearance early December 2019. Maybe we can share about our clearance granted time for the ones are waiting for invite.
August 2019 for me... so going to be close to a year since I’ve finished all steps if I get in at some point this summer
Good luck! I think you will be!

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:34 pm
by Boomboom72
kellylihomes wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:31 pm
Boomboom72 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:30 pm
kellylihomes wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:27 pm
I have a question regarding invite to training. I know nothing is 100% sure. I am just wondering what is the chance that someone gets invitation to training after completion of every steps. How do they decide who get picked first?

I got security clearance early December 2019. Maybe we can share about our clearance granted time for the ones are waiting for invite.
August 2019 for me... so going to be close to a year since I’ve finished all steps if I get in at some point this summer
Good luck! I think you will be!
Thanks :) here’s hoping a bunch of us get that email, quite a few have been waiting awhile now.... some I don’t even understand how it can be that long...

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:53 pm
by hsinom
Boomboom72 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:30 pm
kellylihomes wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:27 pm
I have a question regarding invite to training. I know nothing is 100% sure. I am just wondering what is the chance that someone gets invitation to training after completion of every steps. How do they decide who get picked first?

I got security clearance early December 2019. Maybe we can share about our clearance granted time for the ones are waiting for invite.
August 2019 for me... so going to be close to a year since I’ve finished all steps if I get in at some point this summer
You're lucky. I'm still waiting to redo the medical and my timeline explains th wait just like others stuck in a loop

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:06 pm
by Boomboom72
hsinom wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:53 pm
Boomboom72 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:30 pm
kellylihomes wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:27 pm
I have a question regarding invite to training. I know nothing is 100% sure. I am just wondering what is the chance that someone gets invitation to training after completion of every steps. How do they decide who get picked first?

I got security clearance early December 2019. Maybe we can share about our clearance granted time for the ones are waiting for invite.
August 2019 for me... so going to be close to a year since I’ve finished all steps if I get in at some point this summer
You're lucky. I'm still waiting to redo the medical and my timeline explains th wait just like others stuck in a loop
Ya, I’m stuck having to redo my medical as well as it expires in June before then next intake... hopefully it’ll work out that it be the last thing I have to redo

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:42 am
by BoltUp
Boomboom72 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:34 pm
kellylihomes wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:31 pm
Boomboom72 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:30 pm

August 2019 for me... so going to be close to a year since I’ve finished all steps if I get in at some point this summer
Good luck! I think you will be!
Thanks :) here’s hoping a bunch of us get that email, quite a few have been waiting awhile now.... some I don’t even understand how it can be that long...
In the same boat ⛵️ Wish we had some idea of an estimated time.

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:56 am
by Ulcaster555
BoltUp wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:42 am
Boomboom72 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:34 pm
kellylihomes wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:31 pm


Good luck! I think you will be!
Thanks :) here’s hoping a bunch of us get that email, quite a few have been waiting awhile now.... some I don’t even understand how it can be that long...
In the same boat ⛵️ Wish we had some idea of an estimated time.
I must advise applicants that H.R does have a priority list. Invites do not go by first come first serve basis, unfortunately.

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:09 am
by DrancsCDN
BoltUp wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:42 am
Boomboom72 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:34 pm
kellylihomes wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:31 pm


Good luck! I think you will be!
Thanks :) here’s hoping a bunch of us get that email, quite a few have been waiting awhile now.... some I don’t even understand how it can be that long...
In the same boat ⛵️ Wish we had some idea of an estimated time.
Count me in that same boat ⛵️ as well. Got email stating CAT III will expire prior to next Intakes so basically just waiting for that email from regional office to give me the go ahead to redo my Medical. Lets hope 🤞🏻 that will be sooner then later.