GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

miscaware
Rookie Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby miscaware » Tue May 07, 2019 5:36 pm

Just had my interview, felt like I could’ve done a lot better. Anyone know when the next selection process will be posted?

Tornelco
Veteran Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Tornelco » Tue May 07, 2019 8:22 pm

miscaware wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:36 pm
Just had my interview, felt like I could’ve done a lot better. Anyone know when the next selection process will be posted?
Try not to stress out over it! The interview is definitely difficult since more people fail than pass! This is after doing the interview TWICE now, still not 100% certain I passed.

Good luck!
"Don't put a man where you can put a bullet"
-Sgt K, An Amazing Police Officer

Tornelco
Veteran Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Tornelco » Wed May 08, 2019 10:44 am

Well, Everyone.

I am extremely happy to announce that I passed my CBSA interview that I did exactly one week ago! This was my 2nd attempt for the full-time/national process. If anyone remembers, I was pretty unsure of myself after the interview but wow, I teared up for a bit when I got the results this morning.

Advice for applicants going into their interview! Read the email they sent you really closely! Make sure you know the definitions of the competencies inside and out!

I had some very amazing interviewers, I hope I get a chance to meet them again and thank them!

Now I guess the next step will be the Pscyh evaluation! Looks like I have a very long wait ahead of me since people who passed their interview in December still haven't received their Psych Eval.

Looking forward to reading all your replies and private messges! :boxer:
"Don't put a man where you can put a bullet"
-Sgt K, An Amazing Police Officer

Jumb34t
Regular Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Jumb34t » Wed May 08, 2019 11:50 am

Tornelco wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:44 am
Well, Everyone.

I am extremely happy to announce that I passed my CBSA interview that I did exactly one week ago! This was my 2nd attempt for the full-time/national process. If anyone remembers, I was pretty unsure of myself after the interview but wow, I teared up for a bit when I got the results this morning.

Advice for applicants going into their interview! Read the email they sent you really closely! Make sure you know the definitions of the competencies inside and out!

I had some very amazing interviewers, I hope I get a chance to meet them again and thank them!

Now I guess the next step will be the Pscyh evaluation! Looks like I have a very long wait ahead of me since people who passed their interview in December still haven't received their Psych Eval.

Looking forward to reading all your replies and private messges! :boxer:
Congrats! What's your timeline looking like? I passed my interview last week and was wondering if we'll be doing our psych around the same time :D
CBSA Applicant
Applied: Sept 28/2018
OTEE: Oct 16/2018
OTEE Result: Oct 31/2018 Pass 77.5%
Interview: April 26/2019 Pass
PARE: Aug 16/2019 Pass
Psych: TBD

Tornelco
Veteran Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Tornelco » Wed May 08, 2019 12:03 pm

Jumb34t wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:50 am

Congrats! What's your timeline looking like? I passed my interview last week and was wondering if we'll be doing our psych around the same time :D
My timeline will be extremely unique considering this is my 3rd time in the ringer and I had previously completed the OTEE but I'll just include everything cuz why not

1st Application - National Posting
Applied: April 28, 2018
Interview: December 14, 2018 (not passed)

2nd Application - Student Border Services
Applied: December 2, 2018
OTEE: January 08, 2019 (passed)
Interview: January 15, 2019 (not passed)

3rd Application: Current: Full Time posting
Applied: January 8, 2019
Interview: May 1, 2019

It's pretty funny that I was exempt from the OTEE in my first application but not for my student application, they just removed the exemption altogether for some reason.
"Don't put a man where you can put a bullet"
-Sgt K, An Amazing Police Officer

User avatar
Nicholas1989
Regular Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:59 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Nicholas1989 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:03 pm
Jumb34t wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:50 am

Congrats! What's your timeline looking like? I passed my interview last week and was wondering if we'll be doing our psych around the same time :D
My timeline will be extremely unique considering this is my 3rd time in the ringer and I had previously completed the OTEE but I'll just include everything cuz why not

1st Application - National Posting
Applied: April 28, 2018
Interview: December 14, 2018 (not passed)

2nd Application - Student Border Services
Applied: December 2, 2018
OTEE: January 08, 2019 (passed)
Interview: January 15, 2019 (not passed)

3rd Application: Current: Full Time posting
Applied: January 8, 2019
Interview: May 1, 2019

It's pretty funny that I was exempt from the OTEE in my first application but not for my student application, they just removed the exemption altogether for some reason.

damn i wonder if i fail my interview can i try again? like within 3months? 6months 12 months?
Applied July 2018
OTEE Sept. 2018
OTEE October 31st PASS! 85%
Candidate Info Package: november 6th 2018
Will Reapply again :mrgreen: GL to all applicants
never give up :thumbsup: -My Dad

ikong0621
Rookie Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:07 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby ikong0621 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:36 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:44 am
Well, Everyone.

I am extremely happy to announce that I passed my CBSA interview that I did exactly one week ago! This was my 2nd attempt for the full-time/national process. If anyone remembers, I was pretty unsure of myself after the interview but wow, I teared up for a bit when I got the results this morning.

Advice for applicants going into their interview! Read the email they sent you really closely! Make sure you know the definitions of the competencies inside and out!

I had some very amazing interviewers, I hope I get a chance to meet them again and thank them!

Now I guess the next step will be the Pscyh evaluation! Looks like I have a very long wait ahead of me since people who passed their interview in December still haven't received their Psych Eval.

Looking forward to reading all your replies and private messges! :boxer:
Congratulations!! That is probably one of the best feelings ever. Meanwhile I am still sitting here waiting for the interview invitation... HAHAHA

Any tips you can share for the interview part?
CBSA
Applied - 2019/02/08
OTEE - 2019/03/15 PASS
Interview - TBA

RCMP
Applied - 2019/05/01
SP Sub - 2019/05/18
SP Rec - 2019/05/27
Additional Info Provided - 2019/05/27

Vancouver Police Department
Applied - 2019/05/11
Deferred for 1 year - 2019/05/22 :(

Tornelco
Veteran Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Tornelco » Wed May 08, 2019 8:54 pm

Nicholas1989 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:34 pm

damn i wonder if i fail my interview can i try again? like within 3months? 6months 12 months?
Howdy! My rejection email concluded with the sentence "At this time, your application will no longer be considered for this process but you are able to re-apply when the next selection process is advertised."

I'm not sure if everyone gets this or what, I only got 1 competency wrong but maybe if you got 4 or 5 wrong then they would possibly not let you try for 3/6/12 months! just my speculation! I'm willing to bet you could reapply as soon as the next process opens up!

When I was waiting for my interview, the CBSA fella at the airport said anyone who failed the interview got a 2-year deferral! Lucky for us/me, that is no longer in place.
"Don't put a man where you can put a bullet"
-Sgt K, An Amazing Police Officer

Tornelco
Veteran Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Tornelco » Wed May 08, 2019 9:01 pm

ikong0621 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:36 pm


Congratulations!! That is probably one of the best feelings ever. Meanwhile I am still sitting here waiting for the interview invitation... HAHAHA

Any tips you can share for the interview part?
Hello, Ikong!

Yes, It is an amazing feeling! I could not imagine how I would feel if I failed 3 CBSA interviews in the span of 12 months! I nearly cried when I saw my email at 8am this morning!

As for any tips, Make sure you read the email invitation closely, look at the provided definitions of the competencies and study them inside and out!

I used the exact definition of the competency in this interview but not the first and I felt much more confident in my answer. I stand true that my first interview had scenarios that were WILIDLY harder than this interview but dwelling on the past doesn't help.

I can only offer advice on what I struggled with but I'm sure other people will have their own advice as well.
"Don't put a man where you can put a bullet"
-Sgt K, An Amazing Police Officer

Campin16
Rookie Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:52 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Campin16 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:34 pm

Just got my interview date, yea! I'm excited and nervous. But really just happy to see something happening, sometimes the waiting is the hardest part.
CBSA
Applied: July 2018
OTEE: October 20th 2018
OTEE Results: October 31st (pass 77%)
Interview: June 19th 2019
Interview Results: July 2nd (pass)

umar99
Rookie Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:59 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby umar99 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:13 am

Hey i received my interview date for June, I will be bringing all the documents with me as provided but also with that being said, do i need to bring something with the references on it? it is not listed in the documents that i need to bring with me but just curious to see if others had brought that with them.

Thanks a bunch! Goodluck to yall

Tornelco
Veteran Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Tornelco » Thu May 09, 2019 4:43 am

umar99 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:13 am
Hey i received my interview date for June, I will be bringing all the documents with me as provided but also with that being said, do i need to bring something with the references on it? it is not listed in the documents that i need to bring with me but just curious to see if others had brought that with them.

Thanks a bunch! Goodluck to yall
Only bring what they ask
"Don't put a man where you can put a bullet"
-Sgt K, An Amazing Police Officer

ba_storm
Rookie Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:26 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby ba_storm » Thu May 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Congrats to everyone who recently just passed their interview or received their interview invite !!!


For those who are close or who have completed their process and just waiting to go to Rigaud, I received an email today stating the invites for what I assume to be the August intake will be going out “in the next month or so.”

🙌🏻🙌🏻👌🏼👌🏼😀😀

hsinom
Regular Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:05 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby hsinom » Fri May 10, 2019 1:22 pm

Just got scheduled for a security interview in a week and half. Hopefully good news soon to follow.
CBSA:
Applied- Aug 2017
Inventory/Request for documents- Dec 2017
Interview- Sept 2018
Security Sent- Sept 2018
Psych - Oct 2018
Medical - Feb 2019
Pare- April 2019
Security Interview - May 2019
Security Clearance- ?
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

User avatar
Whistlejacket
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:30 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Whistlejacket » Fri May 10, 2019 2:40 pm

I already have a reliability status for my current public service career. How does this relate to the CBSA requirement? If I pass my interviews, will already having this security clearance expedite the process a bit for me?
NB Applicant

Applied: Feb 2019
OTEE: Feb 2019 - Pass
Interview: May 2019 -
PARE:
Psych Eval / Interview:
Medical:
Security Checks:
OITP:
Rigaud:


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bms86, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MBtoBC, SemrushBot and 7 guests