GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

BlueJeep
Rookie Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby BlueJeep » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:25 pm

JG7 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:07 pm
Pretty funny stuff.

Was really hoping to see results from the feb OTEE by now. Anyone seen anything yet?
According to recruiters I spoke to at a recruitment event this past week end, the Feb batch should be getting them this week...

JEagle10
Rookie Member

Postby JEagle10 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:11 pm

Anyone have a rough idea of how long the security clearance takes? Just submitted my finger prints and IDs roughly mid February. Thanks in advance

stellarose97
Rookie Member

Postby stellarose97 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi there, I wrote my OTEE exam in September and got my results in November. I did my interview this month and they said I should be getting my results within 5 weeks. How long did you guys wait before getting your interview results back and also, how many people actually succeed in the interview? It seemed like it went well and they were pretty nice and friendly with me but then again, I do not have any expectations

Applied: Aug 2018
OTEE: Sept 2018
Results: Nov 2018
Interview March 2019
Pare: -
Firearms: -
Psych: -
Medical: -
Integrity: -

JEagle10
Rookie Member

Postby JEagle10 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:20 pm

stellarose97 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:02 pm
Hi there, I wrote my OTEE exam in September and got my results in November. I did my interview this month and they said I should be getting my results within 5 weeks. How long did you guys wait before getting your interview results back and also, how many people actually succeed in the interview? It seemed like it went well and they were pretty nice and friendly with me but then again, I do not have any expectations

Interview March 2019
My timeline is similar to yours in terms of applied and OTEE but I did my interview in late november and heard back within 1.5 weeks all depends.

king

Postby king » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:44 pm

JEagle10 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:11 pm
Anyone have a rough idea of how long the security clearance takes? Just submitted my finger prints and IDs roughly mid February. Thanks in advance
I would say at least a year. Mine has taken 2.

Ralph

Postby Ralph » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:46 pm

I just finished OTEE test now. Although the test is very long one, I found it very enjoyable. Good luck to everyone!
Last edited by Ralph on Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralph

Postby Ralph » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:46 pm

JeanFrancois

Postby JeanFrancois » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:40 pm

stellarose97 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:02 pm

Interview March 2019
About half pass the interview, I was fortunate and received pass results in three days.
CBSA:
App: 083018
Restricted / Non Restricted Firearms Course: 2010
OT.E.E: Wrote on 091018, Results: October 31, 2018. Successful 85%
Interview: Attended 011819, Results: January 22,2019. Successful
Psych: TBD

RCMP
Hearing: Cleared
Vision:

waiting001
Rookie Member

Postby waiting001 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:54 am

king wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:44 pm
JEagle10 wrote:
I would say at least a year. Mine has taken 2.
It is different for each applicant. keep an eye on your emails there isn't much details you will be provided with by recruitment since they are not privy to any information once you have submitted your package. You will always get a generic response that it is process by the security team.

Live your life and your time will come. I'm at 16 months since submitting my security documents and have yet to receive a security/integrity interview but as I said, each applicant is different. You might get it before I do.

dankmb
Rookie Member

Postby dankmb » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:12 am

JEagle10 wrote:

Hey! When you submitted your fingerprints was it just a form for them to contact you?

antonyzsx
Rookie Member

Postby antonyzsx » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:06 pm

I wrote my OTEE yesterday, not easy for me but it was a good experience, good luck to everybody!

manuel4140
Rookie Member

Postby manuel4140 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:21 pm

I recently passed my CBSA interview and I'm super excited about this opportunity. However, I have also applied for different law enforcement departments that are moving a little faster than CBSA and looks like I will have an opportunity sooner than later. That said, I'm considering all aspects of possible opportunities and one of the main ones I would love to have access to is working abroad since I have my degree in International Studies.

Does anyone know what sort of International jobs are out there with CBSA? I speak/write three languages (English, Spanish and French) and would like to have an idea how far my languages + degrees would take me in the grand scheme of things.

Thank you!

JEagle10
Rookie Member

Postby JEagle10 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:59 pm

dankmb wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:12 am
JEagle10 wrote:

Hey! When you submitted your fingerprints was it just a form for them to contact you?
When you get your fingerprints, you get a form from CBSA (that you fill out and email back to CBSA) that you take with you to get your fingerprints done, then commissionaires sent the fingerprints in automatically for me. Does this help?

Kevlar
Rookie Member

Postby Kevlar » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:29 pm

JeanFrancois wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:45 pm
Anybody from September 18 O.T.E.E get Psych test invites yet?
To the quoted poster above:
Did the OTEE and then had my interview in November to which I passed (results were next day) and then Nothing til this morning.

Invite to Psych for me was received this morning so the wheels are turning again.

General observation based on the amount of moderator intervention and great comments:

Just read through a lot of drama these past couple months. Wow... Just a reminder that its a long long process and patience is key. If you want the job bad enough you'll make it work. If you dont like the timeframe/pay while on training, POE etc... well lots of other places hiring folks. You can get a response and hire date within a month at the local mall cop booth.

I can say from first hand experience after going though another federal agency and devoting 8 honorable years to it that its worth it and this screens out a lot of people that just are not committed. The terms and conditions were well articulated and readily available prior to putting in your application. Not to mention the amount of valuable resources on this page. There sure are a lot of ask holes here... spam the board in several threads about their question... get exactly the correct answers, and then ignore or are unhappy with the answer.

Look deep. Is this job (career) whats best for you and your family. Or are you just doing it for vanity reasons and then want to change everything about it once youre hired. Or are you here to serve the country. Your time is your most valuable non renewable resource you have. Dont waste yours and more importantly, everyone elses time.
Current CXII CSC - 2010

CBSA Application:
Applied: 2018/09/28
OTEE: 2018/10/16 - 10/8/10/10
INTERVIEW 2018/11
Psych interview:
PARE: TBA
Clearances:
Medical Renewal: 2017/07/25
Security Interview:
OITP:
Rigaud:

JeanFrancois

Postby JeanFrancois » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:42 pm

Kevlar wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:29 pm
JeanFrancois wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:45 pm
Anybody from September 18 O.T.E.E get Psych test invites yet?
To the quoted poster above:
Did the OTEE and then had my interview in November to which I passed (results were next day) and then Nothing til this morning.

Invite to Psych for me was received this morning so the wheels are turning again.

General observation based on the amount of moderator intervention and great comments:

Just read through a lot of drama these past couple months. Wow... Just a reminder that its a long long process and patience is key. If you want the job bad enough you'll make it work. If you dont like the timeframe/pay while on training, POE etc... well lots of other places hiring folks. You can get a response and hire date within a month at the local mall cop booth.

I can say from first hand experience after going though another federal agency and devoting 8 honorable years to it that its worth it and this screens out a lot of people that just are not committed. The terms and conditions were well articulated and readily available prior to putting in your application. Not to mention the amount of valuable resources on this page. There sure are a lot of ask holes here... spam the board in several threads about their question... get exactly the correct answers, and then ignore or are unhappy with the answer.

Look deep. Is this job (career) whats best for you and your family. Or are you just doing it for vanity reasons and then want to change everything about it once youre hired. Or are you here to serve the country. Your time is your most valuable non renewable resource you have. Dont waste yours and more importantly, everyone elses time.
Sweet, Congratulations on getting details for the next step; hopefully for the rest of us that did interviews around or after you the wheels will start rolling!
CBSA:
App: 083018
Restricted / Non Restricted Firearms Course: 2010
OT.E.E: Wrote on 091018, Results: October 31, 2018. Successful 85%
Interview: Attended 011819, Results: January 22,2019. Successful
Psych: TBD

RCMP
Hearing: Cleared
Vision: