GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Zedlinka

Re: CBSA Applicant Chit Chat

Postby Zedlinka » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:50 am

Boxto wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:55 am
MKY wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:58 am
Jumb34t wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:39 am

7 months for an interview is quite the wait, eh? :D But I'm glad you made it to the next step. Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Indeed long wait, if all goes well, maybe late summer of 2020 Rigaud training. I guess ( not sure just guessing) there are 2 training waves during the year, one in January and one in August.
Excellent news!
Just keep in mind that the security clearance can take something between 4 to 12 months... :roll: :? received an email in september telling me it could be a long way! Patience is the key..!
There's hope for you, yet, Boxto.
I submitted in November 2017 and my clearance came back a day after the last 2018 intake started. It's different for anyone, but I wouldn't discount the possibility for sure.
The opinions expressed by me do not represent the Canada Border Services Agency or the Government of Canada

BSO

"Take your job seriously, but not yourself"

hsinom

Postby hsinom » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:06 am

Zedlinka wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:50 am
Boxto wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:55 am
MKY wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:58 am

Indeed long wait, if all goes well, maybe late summer of 2020 Rigaud training. I guess ( not sure just guessing) there are 2 training waves during the year, one in January and one in August.
Excellent news!
Just keep in mind that the security clearance can take something between 4 to 12 months... :roll: :? received an email in september telling me it could be a long way! Patience is the key..!
There's hope for you, yet, Boxto.
I submitted in November 2017 and my clearance came back a day after the last 2018 intake started. It's different for anyone, but I wouldn't discount the possibility for sure.
I'm hoping for something good will come out from mine but I'm doubtful based on the security interview.
CBSA BC
Applied- Aug 2017
Inventory/Request for Docs- Dec 2017
Interview- Sept 2018
Security Sent- Sept 2018
Psych - Oct 2018
Medical - Feb 2019/Mar 2020 Renewal
Pare- April 2019
Security Interview - May 2019
Security Clearance- Dec 2019
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

OJ88

Postby OJ88 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:02 pm

Just curious if anyone knows how they fill the intakes at Riguad? I noticed before the last thread was shut down that people had posted on their timeline that they have been accepted for intakes in both January and Febuary. So does that mean only March intakes are left? Do they have April intakes? I received my security clearance roughly 2 weeks ago. My concern is that stages I have already completed will soon be expiring. Not really into having to redo them but obviously will if need be.

Zedlinka

Postby Zedlinka » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:08 pm

OJ88 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:02 pm
Just curious if anyone knows how they fill the intakes at Riguad? I noticed before the last thread was shut down that people had posted on their timeline that they have been accepted for intakes in both January and Febuary. So does that mean only March intakes are left? Do they have April intakes? I received my security clearance roughly 2 weeks ago. My concern is that stages I have already completed will soon be expiring. Not really into having to redo them but obviously will if need be.
I would speculate if people are getting invites for February, there's one of two reasons;
January is full
They anticipate their clearance will not be back.
If you have your clearance, you could probably expect February or March.

Though I haven't heard anyone getting into January yet. So I must have missed something towards the end of the last thread.

I had to re-do my medical, and almost my PARE. A woman in my class had to re-do her PARE a week before she came, so they take it pretty seriously.
The opinions expressed by me do not represent the Canada Border Services Agency or the Government of Canada

BSO

OJ88

Postby OJ88 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Zedlinka wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:08 pm
OJ88 wrote:
I would speculate if people are getting invites for February, there's one of two reasons;
January is full

Though I haven't heard anyone getting into January yet. So I must have missed something towards the end of the last thread.

I had to re-do my medical, and almost my PARE. A woman in my class had to re-do her PARE a week before she came, so they take it pretty seriously.
Did they inform you when your medical was expiring or was it something you had to keep on top of yourself?

Zedlinka

Postby Zedlinka » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:24 pm

OJ88 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:17 pm
Zedlinka wrote:
OJ88 wrote:
January is full

Did they inform you when your medical was expiring or was it something you had to keep on top of yourself?
They notified me about a month prior to it expiring.
If you're concerned about it, doesn't hurt to email recruiting :)

BSO

Kevlar
Rookie Member

Postby Kevlar » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:47 pm

My security interview is scheduled. The wheels are turning once again.
CBSA Ap
Applied: 2018/09/28
OTEE: 2018/10 - PASS 95%
INTERVIEW 2018/11 - PASS
Psych Eval / Interview: 2019/04 - PASS
Medical: 2019/05 - PASS
PARE: 2019/11 - PASS
Security Checks: Started 2019/04 - Granted 2019/10
OITP:?
Rigaud:?

Boomboom72

Postby Boomboom72 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:37 pm

OJ88 wrote:
I am also currently in the position of waiting for the invite... I was told by recruitment that invites were only to start going out during the month of october... I also have yet to hear anyone get an invite yet for January... hopefully really soon :)
Applied: June 2018
OTEE: Sept 2018 (Passed)
Interview: Nov 2018 (Passed)
Psych: March 2019 (Passed)
Security / backround: April 2019 (Passed)
Pare: June 2019 (Passed)
Medical: June 2019 (Passed)
Integrity: August 2019 (Passed)
OITP: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

treeego
Rookie Member

Postby treeego » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:21 pm

Hey guys!

Finally decided to post since I feel I'm (hopefully) getting near the end of my process! Recently emailed recruitment and got word that I've successfully passed everything and I'll be invited once a spot has been secured! Has anyone else heard from recruitment lately regarding the upcoming intakes? For reference, I did my first interview in April 2018, and got my security clearance in May 2019.
CBSA
Applied - Jan 2017
Interview - April 2018
Pysch - May 2018
Pare - July 2018; June 2019
Security papers sent - May 2018
Medical - May 2018; May 2019
Integrity Interview / Clearance granted - June 2019
Online: FEB2020
Rigaud: APRIL2020

treeego
Rookie Member

Postby treeego » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:25 pm

OJ88 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:17 pm
Zedlinka wrote:
OJ88 wrote:
January is full

They informed me that my medical was expiring about a month before it did, so if that's the case they would let you know pretty well in advance I would think!
CBSA
Applied - Jan 2017
Interview - April 2018
Pysch - May 2018
Pare - July 2018; June 2019
Security papers sent - May 2018
Medical - May 2018; May 2019
Integrity Interview / Clearance granted - June 2019
Online: FEB2020
Rigaud: APRIL2020

CanBorSer
Rookie Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby CanBorSer » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:31 am

Quick question to all you blueliners......

When people have gone through the application process and getting to Psychology component, I understand that there is the MMPI-2 test for the written test. Is there also the 16PF type test as well?

I tried looking for it, but my google-fu is not too sharp today.

Cheers and good luck to all those that applied.

Jumb34t

Postby Jumb34t » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:58 am

Although the thread is back on, any posts later that November doesn't seem to be showing. Information should still be relevant though. Mods should combine the new CBSA Chit Chat with this one if not already planning to. Nice to see this thread back! :D
CBSA Applicant - GTA
Applied: Sep/18
OTEE: Oct/18 77.5%
Interview: Apr/19
PARE: Aug/19
Psych Eval: Oct/19
Psych Interview: Nov/19
Sec Doc sent: Jan/20
CFSC & CRFSC: Mar/20
Med Eval: May/20
Sec Interview & Clearance: July/20
OITP: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

SeaState90
Rookie Member

Postby SeaState90 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:43 am

CanBorSer wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:31 am
Quick question to all you blueliners......

When people have gone through the application process and getting to Psychology component, I understand that there is the MMPI-2 test for the written test. Is there also the 16PF type test as well?

I tried looking for it, but my google-fu is not too sharp today.

Cheers and good luck to all those that applied.
Yes, you will do the 16PF right after the MMPI.
CBSA - NS APPLICANT

Applied: Aug ‘18
PAL/RPAL: May ‘18
OTEE: Sept ‘18 Pass
Interview: Feb ‘19 Pass
Psych assessment: March ‘19 Pass
Security paperwork sent: May ‘19
Medical: July ‘19 Pass
Security interview: Nov '19 pass
PARE: incomplete

Zedlinka

Postby Zedlinka » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:07 am

treeego wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:21 pm
Hey guys!

Finally decided to post since I feel I'm (hopefully) getting near the end of my process! Recently emailed recruitment and got word that I've successfully passed everything and I'll be invited once a spot has been secured! Has anyone else heard from recruitment lately regarding the upcoming intakes? For reference, I did my first interview in April 2018, and got my security clearance in May 2019.
I was in the Jan. intake this year, I got my invite somewhere around mid-late October.
Usually on Friday's they come out, so stay tuned.

BSO

VikingsMoss84
Rookie Member

Postby VikingsMoss84 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:26 am

Zedlinka wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:07 am
treeego wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:21 pm
Hey guys!

I was in the Jan. intake this year, I got my invite somewhere around mid-late October.
Usually on Friday's they come out, so stay tuned.
When did you receive your security clearance before the invite?