GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
User avatar
Weaken
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:30 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Weaken » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:51 am

sunnysun wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:34 pm
Hello everyone, hope everyone is safe and sound.

just asking if there any news from Rigaud like when they will resume training again and with how many students and is there any extensions on PARE or other testing? (confirmed by CBSA).

Thanks
I'm unsure about PARE, but the medical has been extended.
Health Canada has extended the validity of all medical evaluations (CAT III) from one year to two years from the date you were assessed.
CBSA
Applied 14-08-2018
OTEE 20-10-2018
Interview 20-03-2019
PARE 13-04-2019
Psyc 04-10-2019
Medical 10-02-2020
Sec. Int 28-04-2020
OITP
Rigaud

Online
Jumb34t
Regular Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Jumb34t » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:01 am

Weaken wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:51 am
sunnysun wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:34 pm
Hello everyone, hope everyone is safe and sound.

just asking if there any news from Rigaud like when they will resume training again and with how many students and is there any extensions on PARE or other testing? (confirmed by CBSA).

Thanks
I'm unsure about PARE, but the medical has been extended.
Health Canada has extended the validity of all medical evaluations (CAT III) from one year to two years from the date you were assessed.
I wonder if that applies to those who got it this year :ponder:
CBSA Applicant - GTA
Applied: Sep/18
OTEE: Oct/18 77.5%
Interview: Apr/19
PARE: Aug/19
Psych Eval: Oct/19
Psych Interview: Nov/19
Sec Doc sent: Jan/20
CFSC & CRFSC: Mar/20
Med Eval: May/20
Sec Interview & Clearance: July/20
OITP: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

User avatar
kittycat1024
Regular Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:03 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby kittycat1024 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:10 am

MBtoBC wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:24 pm

15 is the wave number and the letters are the corresponding cohorts. for example I was 13A and started in January, 13B started in February and so on
Thank you! Just wonder 13, 15 has no other meaning (Such as year Or app#) just wave numbers, right?
Applied: 2018
PAL: Obtained
Interview: Oct 2019 (Passed)
PARE: Feb 2020 (Passed)
MMPI: TBC
:swords:

sunnysun
Rookie Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:08 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby sunnysun » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:44 am

Weaken wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:51 am
sunnysun wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:34 pm
Hello everyone, hope everyone is safe and sound.

just asking if there any news from Rigaud like when they will resume training again and with how many students and is there any extensions on PARE or other testing? (confirmed by CBSA).

Thanks
I'm unsure about PARE, but the medical has been extended.

Oh that's good but any news on Psychological Testing result extension?

User avatar
BoltUp
Regular Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby BoltUp » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:54 pm

sunnysun wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:44 am
Weaken wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:51 am
sunnysun wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:34 pm
Hello everyone, hope everyone is safe and sound.

just asking if there any news from Rigaud like when they will resume training again and with how many students and is there any extensions on PARE or other testing? (confirmed by CBSA).

Thanks
I'm unsure about PARE, but the medical has been extended.

Oh that's good but any news on Psychological Testing result extension?
As far as I know, there hasn’t been any extensions given. I was told that mine is valid until April 2021.
CBSA

Applied: Sept, 2018
OTEE: Oct, 18
PARE: Nov, 18 - May, 20
Interview: Nov, 18

Psych Eval, April, 19
Security papers sent April 30, 19
Medical Eval: May 19
Integrity Interview Aug 20/19
Clearance Granted: Aug 23/19

OITP:
Rigaud:

MBtoBC
Rookie Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:21 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby MBtoBC » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:07 am

kittycat1024 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:10 am
MBtoBC wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:24 pm

15 is the wave number and the letters are the corresponding cohorts. for example I was 13A and started in January, 13B started in February and so on
Thank you! Just wonder 13, 15 has no other meaning (Such as year Or app#) just wave numbers, right?
Correct, its just the 13th and 15th set of cohorts that have gone through the application process. So right now at my port we have OIDPs from wave 13D just about to submit their competencies and people from wave 14D who followed after as wave 13 had ABCD cohorts.
GCT+WCPT: Dec 2016
Interview: June 2017
Psych: July 2017
Security submitted: Aug 2017
Integrity Interview: Aug 2018
Online: Nov 2018
Rigaud: Jan 2019
Pac District -FB03
The opinions expressed by me do not represent the Canada Border Services Agency

jrus1010
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:33 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby jrus1010 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:51 am

BoltUp wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:54 pm
sunnysun wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:44 am
Weaken wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:51 am


I'm unsure about PARE, but the medical has been extended.

Oh that's good but any news on Psychological Testing result extension?
As far as I know, there hasn’t been any extensions given. I was told that mine is valid until April 2021.
I was told by recruitment that there was no extension for the psychology test and every one who has an expired test, will be required to rewrite the exam as well as attend their psych interview again. The tests are valid for only two years.
GCT2/WCPT- Exempt
Applied: Nov 2017
Interview: Aug 2018
Psych Test: Aug 2018
Psych Int: Sept 2018

Security Clear. Submitted: Oct 2018
Integrity Interview: Oct 2019

Medical: May 2020 (renew)
Pare: Dec 2019 (renew)

OITP ?
Rigaud ?

:ponder:

IronWolf
Seasoned Member
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby IronWolf » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:01 am

jrus1010 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:51 am
I was told by recruitment that there was no extension for the psychology test and every one who has an expired test, will be required to rewrite the exam as well as attend their psych interview again. The tests are valid for only two years.
Makes sense, the Psych is more serious exam than PARE or Medical.

chmor
Rookie Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:33 pm
Location: NCR
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby chmor » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:44 pm

Hey guys, quick question for you.

I have to confirm my interview and send in my documents. In one part of the email it says to send the documents via email but then it says to send the documents on epost connect for validation.

Should I just send it on both or is it just for Epost?

Thanks
RPAL - Jan 12
Applied - Feb 20
OTEE - Mar 20
Interview - Aug 20(Passed)
Psych: TBD
Medical: TBD
PARE: TBD
Security: TBD
OITP:??
Rigaud: If lucky

IronWolf
Seasoned Member
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby IronWolf » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:58 pm

chmor wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:44 pm
Hey guys, quick question for you.

I have to confirm my interview and send in my documents. In one part of the email it says to send the documents via email but then it says to send the documents on epost connect for validation.

Should I just send it on both or is it just for Epost?

Thanks
reply to HR to ask for clarification, they will let you know

or read the email few more times, usually they are clear in their instructions

ePost is like email, as far as I know :

"epost Connect Recipient Guide
Step 1: Email invitation. You will receive a notification via email informing you that you have received an invitation to join a conversation from a collaborator or mailer. ..."

rachg13
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:23 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby rachg13 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:49 pm

Out of curiosity, has anyone who received the pre-employment psychological assessment release form and sent it back, heard anything from an outside provider, assuming your next step is the psychological evaluation. (Not intended for people who got the pre-employment psychological assessment release form incase their psychological evaluation expires).

Thanks!
Applied: Jan 2019
OTEE: March 2019 (Pass)
Interview: July 2019 (Pass)
Psych: TBD

ProxyWolf
Regular Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:16 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby ProxyWolf » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:17 pm

rachg13 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:49 pm
Out of curiosity, has anyone who received the pre-employment psychological assessment release form and sent it back, heard anything from an outside provider, assuming your next step is the psychological evaluation. (Not intended for people who got the pre-employment psychological assessment release form incase their psychological evaluation expires).

Thanks!
Not yet. I contacted recruitment a shirt while ago, and they said it would be relatively soon.

User avatar
CaptainMarvel
Rookie Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:18 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby CaptainMarvel » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:26 pm

rachg13 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:49 pm
Out of curiosity, has anyone who received the pre-employment psychological assessment release form and sent it back, heard anything from an outside provider, assuming your next step is the psychological evaluation. (Not intended for people who got the pre-employment psychological assessment release form incase their psychological evaluation expires).

Thanks!
No updates so far on my end, have been regularly checking both inbox and spam folder.

User avatar
JetMoto87
Rookie Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:54 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JetMoto87 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:23 pm

For people in the background stage, are you advised at any point after you sent the paperwork off that the process has actually started? I sent my paperwork off in January and have yet to hear back. Is the security interview the marking of the beginning of background or the end? I would think what you say in that interview would need to be verified
CBSA Applicant

Applied: Jan 2019
Otee: Mar 2019 Passed
Interview: May 2019 Passed
Psych: Nov 2019 Passed
Background started: Jan 2020
Pare: Mar 2020 Passed
Security interview: Sep 2020 Passed
Medical: Nov 2020
Online: ?
Rigaud: ?

User avatar
BoltUp
Regular Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby BoltUp » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:12 pm

JetMoto87 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:23 pm
For people in the background stage, are you advised at any point after you sent the paperwork off that the process has actually started? I sent my paperwork off in January and have yet to hear back. Is the security interview the marking of the beginning of background or the end? I would think what you say in that interview would need to be verified

For me the interview was the end, I heard two days after my interview that my security clearance was granted.
CBSA

Applied: Sept, 2018
OTEE: Oct, 18
PARE: Nov, 18 - May, 20
Interview: Nov, 18

Psych Eval, April, 19
Security papers sent April 30, 19
Medical Eval: May 19
Integrity Interview Aug 20/19
Clearance Granted: Aug 23/19

OITP:
Rigaud:


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Odawa, SemrushBot and 7 guests