GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Dave Brown » Fri May 08, 2020 1:41 pm

All CFSC and CRFSC courses have also been suspended. Unless CBSA says otherwise, candidates without the two courses cannot start training.

So if you have been a member of these forums and followed the advice you have been given by many of us over the years, you will have already taken the CFSC and CRFSC long ago. (They are good for a lifetime and do not need renewal.)

Anyone who listened to my advice and got the courses in advance, once you get in, you can owe me a coffee and a $10 donation to the family of Cst. Heidi Stevenson:
https://rcmp-f.ca/

kyleS24
Rookie Member

Postby kyleS24 » Fri May 08, 2020 4:30 pm

Stone. wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:29 am
kyleS24 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:12 am
cbmcmsa wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:52 am

First Aid/CPR is a condition of employment, I.E. you need it to be employed... I.E. you need it prior to training. Unless things have changed, you are required to do the full 2 day certification on your own dime. Later training MIGHT be covered by the Agency.
Thanks for the reply! The reason I ask is because I have cpr/first aid that is expiring soon. I have been in the process for a while now but I don't remember them asking for cpr/First aid, nor can I find any information on their webpage regarding it? Do you know if it's something that is asked for later on, maybe before Rigaud?
First Aid/CPR is done in Rigaud on a weekend. If you decide to get your first aid/CPR before going to Rigaud, it needs to be valid for 18 months after graduation.
Thank you for the info! Have a good weekend.
Oct 2016: Applied
Feb 2017: Interview
Feb 2017: Sec Forms
Mar 2017: Psych (renewed April 2019)
Mar 2017: Pare (renewed Jan 2018 + Aug 2019)
Apr 2017: Medical (renewed May 2018 + May 2019)
Sept 2018: Sec. Interview (clearance Sept 2019)

JaySingh
Rookie Member

Postby JaySingh » Fri May 08, 2020 5:21 pm

Dave Brown wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:41 pm
All CFSC and CRFSC courses have also been suspended. Unless CBSA says otherwise, candidates without the two courses cannot start training.

So if you have been a member of these forums and followed the advice you have been given by many of us over the years, you will have already taken the CFSC and CRFSC long ago. (They are good for a lifetime and do not need renewal.)

Anyone who listened to my advice and got the courses in advance, once you get in, you can owe me a coffee and a $10 donation to the family of Cst. Heidi Stevenson:
https://rcmp-f.ca/

I am glad I listened to you and completed both these courses. Thank you for bringing Gofundme page in support of Cst. Heidi Stevenson's family to our attention. Now, coffee can be arranged when the times are good again.
OTEE: Oct 2018
Interview: Nov 2018
PARE: March 2019
Psych Assessment: April 2019
Medical: May 2019
Security papers sent: May 2019
Security Clearance: Sept 2019
OITP: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

JetMoto87
Rookie Member

Postby JetMoto87 » Fri May 08, 2020 8:49 pm

Has anyone completed the new telephone security interview that was mentioned a couple pages ago. Just wondering what that was like. Was it video conference or just a straight call.

Also any reading material that would be beneficial to read up on before attending Rigaud? I know they will fill you in on what you need, but I like to have a little knowledge beforehand.
CBSA Applicant

Applied: Jan 2019
Otee: Mar 2019 Passed
Interview: May 2019 Passed
Psych: Nov 2019 Passed
Background started: Jan 2020
Pare: Mar 2020 Passed
Security interview: Sep 2020 Passed
Medical: Nov 2020
Online: ?
Rigaud: ?

IronWolf
Seasoned Member

Postby IronWolf » Sat May 09, 2020 11:21 am

JetMoto87 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:49 pm
Also any reading material that would be beneficial to read up on before attending Rigaud? I know they will fill you in on what you need, but I like to have a little knowledge beforehand.
At the CBSA website there's ton of info about what they do and how they do it. I guess anything related to that will be beneficial to know.

Newrecruit1983
Rookie Member

Postby Newrecruit1983 » Sat May 09, 2020 11:55 am

IronWolf wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:21 am
JetMoto87 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:49 pm
At the CBSA website there's ton of info about what they do and how they do it. I guess anything related to that will be beneficial to know.
A lot of what you do at Rigaud is protected documents. What you learn online will give you a very basic foundation of things that you will learn more in-depth once in class. Once you do online try and be proficient on what they make you learn there and tell you to memorize.

IronWolf
Seasoned Member

Postby IronWolf » Sun May 10, 2020 10:04 am

Just noticed this today, possibly CBSA will follow similar strategy, just a guess ...
Depot Web wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 4:26 pm
We have posted a statement on our website about the resumption of training. I can try to answer general questions, but we aren't ready to announce details at this time.

Questions about recruiting and troop loading are best directed to your file coordinators and recruiters.

I ask for patience while we work through all the issues.

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/news/2020 ... mp-academy
Resumption of training at the RCMP Academy

On March 19, 2020, in the interests of protecting the health and safety of cadets and staff in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, the RCMP Academy, Depot Division, suspended all cadet and in-service training.

During the short time period required to mobilize the cadet population for departure from Regina, Depot was able to graduate 4 troops. This allowed us to post 116 new constables to communities across Canada.

The RCMP has consulted extensively with the Public Health Agency of Canada, Saskatchewan Health Authority, the RCMP National Medical Advisor and Depot's own Health Services Officer in order to determine the way forward. These consultations have unanimously supported a graduated approach with an abundance of caution and ongoing reassessments with careful consideration of the evolving local and national COVID-19 situation.

Based on the advice we have received, we are making changes to our training to allow us to resume training for 2 of the 16 troops that had their training interrupted in March.

Cadets will arrive at the Academy in late May, where they will undergo a mandatory 14-day isolation period. Training is to resume on June 12 with significant changes in the training environment to accommodate new safety practices for both cadets and Depot staff. This will include screening measures upon arrival, physical distancing and incorporation of personal protective equipment (PPE) into the regular training environment.

We will phase in more troops gradually and only after ongoing reassessment confirms that Depot has the capacity to sustain all relevant and current protective measures.

Across Canada, we are all adapting to the challenges presented by COVID-19. Be assured that the RCMP remains committed to the training of new regular members to keep our streets and communities safe. We will continue to adapt and move ahead in a manner that prioritizes the health and well-being of cadets and employees, while maximizing the number of new police officers and enabling exceptional service delivery to Canadians.

hsinom
Veteran Member

Postby hsinom » Sun May 10, 2020 2:50 pm

IronWolf wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:04 am
Just noticed this today, possibly CBSA will follow similar strategy, just a guess ...
Depot Web wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 4:26 pm
We have posted a statement on our website about the resumption of training. I can try to answer general questions, but we aren't ready to announce details at this time.

Questions about recruiting and troop loading are best directed to your file coordinators and recruiters.

I ask for patience while we work through all the issues.

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/news/2020 ... mp-academy
Resumption of training at the RCMP Academy

On March 19, 2020, in the interests of protecting the health and safety of cadets and staff in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, the RCMP Academy, Depot Division, suspended all cadet and in-service training.

During the short time period required to mobilize the cadet population for departure from Regina, Depot was able to graduate 4 troops. This allowed us to post 116 new constables to communities across Canada.

The RCMP has consulted extensively with the Public Health Agency of Canada, Saskatchewan Health Authority, the RCMP National Medical Advisor and Depot's own Health Services Officer in order to determine the way forward. These consultations have unanimously supported a graduated approach with an abundance of caution and ongoing reassessments with careful consideration of the evolving local and national COVID-19 situation.

Based on the advice we have received, we are making changes to our training to allow us to resume training for 2 of the 16 troops that had their training interrupted in March.

Cadets will arrive at the Academy in late May, where they will undergo a mandatory 14-day isolation period. Training is to resume on June 12 with significant changes in the training environment to accommodate new safety practices for both cadets and Depot staff. This will include screening measures upon arrival, physical distancing and incorporation of personal protective equipment (PPE) into the regular training environment.

We will phase in more troops gradually and only after ongoing reassessment confirms that Depot has the capacity to sustain all relevant and current protective measures.

Across Canada, we are all adapting to the challenges presented by COVID-19. Be assured that the RCMP remains committed to the training of new regular members to keep our streets and communities safe. We will continue to adapt and move ahead in a manner that prioritizes the health and well-being of cadets and employees, while maximizing the number of new police officers and enabling exceptional service delivery to Canadians.
Hopefully this means good news for everyone
CBSA BC
Applied- Aug 2017
Inventory/Doc sent- Dec 2017
Interview- Sept 2018
Security Sent- Sept 2018
Psych - Oct 2018
Medical - Feb 2019/Mar 2020
Pare- April 2019/Oct 2020
Security Interview - May 2019
Security Clearance- Dec 2019
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

chmor
Rookie Member

Postby chmor » Mon May 11, 2020 6:14 pm

Hey guys,

How long did it take for you guys to get your interview after writing your exams?

I applied in February and wrote my exam in March. I passed the exam and haven't heard anything since.

Thanks
RPAL - Jan 12
Applied - Feb 20
OTEE - Mar 20
Interview - Aug 20(Passed)
Psych: TBD
Medical: TBD
PARE: TBD
Security: TBD
OITP:??
Rigaud: If lucky

JetMoto87
Rookie Member

Postby JetMoto87 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:14 pm

chmor wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:14 pm
Hey guys,

How long did it take for you guys to get your interview after writing your exams?

I applied in February and wrote my exam in March. I passed the exam and haven't heard anything since.

Thanks
For me it took two months and that was without all the delays currently going on. You are probably in for a longer than usual wait. I would give it a few months then email recruitment. Good luck to you.
CBSA Applicant

BoltUp

Postby BoltUp » Mon May 11, 2020 10:22 pm

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy :)
I needed to redo my PARE and for anyone who needs to complete/re-do it there’s a new company based in Edmonton who is running the PARE while following all recommended social distancing and safety protocols. Blue Line Fitness Testing www.bluelinefitnesstesting.com
CBSA

Applied: Sept, 2018
OTEE: Oct, 18
PARE: Nov, 18 - May, 20
Interview: Nov, 18

Psych Eval, April, 19
Security papers sent April 30, 19
Medical Eval: May 19
Integrity Interview Aug 20/19
Clearance Granted: Aug 23/19

OITP:
Rigaud:

Stark220
Rookie Member

Postby Stark220 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:09 am

Can anyone give me any info on the integrity telephone interview? Is the integrity interview straight questions on your past behaviours, any gambling, drinking, drug use etc.? Or is it also role playing like...what would you do if you saw a coworker stealing for example?

Any info would help!
Thanks all

cbmcmsa

Postby cbmcmsa » Tue May 12, 2020 11:34 am

Stark220 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:09 am
Can anyone give me any info on the integrity telephone interview? Is the integrity interview straight questions on your past behaviours, any gambling, drinking, drug use etc.? Or is it also role playing like...what would you do if you saw a coworker stealing for example?

Any info would help!
Thanks all
Anyone who has done an integrity interview has been made aware that sharing any information about questions/details is strictly prohibited as it's all protected information. If you want to find out information, contact Recruiting/Security, but likely they won't give out this information.

My best advice:
Be Honest, because most of what they ask, they will have a good idea about anyway.

Good Luck. (Mine took just over an hour)

Find a quiet place away from people, and make sure that you have water.
Former SBSO (CBSA)
App-08/18
RPAB-09/18
SP-11/18
Suitability-12/18
RMAQ-02/19
RFI-03/19
PEP-05/19
Med/Psych-05/19
Med/Psych Rec-06/19
Sec Clearance-07/19
Sec Clearance Rec-03/20
Troop Offer-March 10, 2020
Troop#2 - Nov 16, 2020-May 17, 2021

IronWolf
Seasoned Member

Postby IronWolf » Tue May 12, 2020 12:58 pm

Stark220 wrote:

Any info would help!
Thanks all
Relax, as on any interview, pay attention to the instructions and answer honestly and completely.

In my view it was an easy part of the whole process, pretty much effortless. Mine was done in less than 1 h, and that included the chat with the interviewer, unrelated to the interview.

Mine was face to face. I guess with the over the phone one is the same thing.

JetMoto87
Rookie Member

Postby JetMoto87 » Tue May 12, 2020 2:39 pm

Stark220 wrote:

Any info would help!
Thanks all
Do you have the telephone interview scheduled? Or are you just wondering for when you eventually will do it? It would be nice to see if the telephone interviews have begun to take place and people have participated in them, shows things are slowly moving forward.
CBSA Applicant