GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
JDube
Rookie Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JDube » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:28 am

new2this wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:48 am
Had my security interview last week, and just received an email telling me that my security clearance has been granted (papers were sent in November). I know that sometimes the order is not the same for everyone however, I haven't heard or received anything regarding my medical - so just wondering if this is normal? Obviously things are now going to be delayed but just hoping I didn't somehow miss an email or something.
Good news! Had my integrity interview last week as well.

I didn't have my medical invite yet as well. They already had a backlog for medicals before the outbreak, so I don't expect a medical invite before a very, very long time.
Quebec CBSA applicant timeline
Applied: Jan 16th 2019
OTEE: Feb 21-25th 2019 - Results March, Pass
Interview: May 27th 2019 - Results June Pass
Psych eval: September 2019 - Pass
Security papers - Sent November 2019
Integrity interview - March 2020

Alexn19
Rookie Member

Postby Alexn19 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:19 pm

JDube wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:28 am
new2this wrote:
Had my security interview last week, and just received an email telling me that my security clearance has been granted (papers were sent in November). I know that sometimes the order is not the same for everyone however, I haven't heard or received anything regarding my medical - so just wondering if this is normal? Obviously things are now going to be delayed but just hoping I didn't somehow miss an email or something.

I didn't have my medical invite yet as well. They already had a backlog for medicals before the outbreak, so I don't expect a medical invite before a very, very long time.
Yes guys I’m on the same boat as you! From what I heard they’re really behind and it may take several months before we hear for the medical test. Our times will come :D
QC applicant
Applied: 01/19
Interview: 06/19✔
Psych Test: 07/19✔
Psych Int: 08/19✔
Sec docs: sent 09/19✔
PARE: 10/19✔
Sec Interview: 11/19✔
Sec granted: 12/19✔
Medical: TBD
OITP: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

IronWolf
Veteran Member

Postby IronWolf » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:54 pm

Alexn19 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:19 pm
JDube wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:28 am
new2this wrote:

Yes guys I’m on the same boat as you! From what I heard they’re really behind and it may take several months before we hear for the medical test. Our times will come :D
CBSA did this nicely, as the intake for most 2019 applicants in 2020 was highly unlikely, was good to postpone the medicals, not to have to redo them after.

When this pandemic is over in more than 3-4-5 months, they will resume them, I guess.

With training postponed now for at least 2 months (I assume) and over 500 qualified applicants in the pool, the chance is some will go in training in 2022.

IronWolf
Veteran Member

Postby IronWolf » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:56 am

mfish315
Rookie Member

Postby mfish315 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:42 pm

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum but my story is I applied around January/February 2019, got the OTEE invite end of Feb 2019, got the results end of March 2019 and was told I would be contacted in the upcoming months for scheduling the interview. Besides me checking in in June 2019, I haven't gotten any update. Is this normal? Been kind of freaking out about job/money stuff as I'm a university graduate class of 2019 and thinking about whether I should go back to school or just keep taking general labour jobs until I get a definitive answer. Thanks in advance.

IronWolf
Veteran Member

Postby IronWolf » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:01 pm

mfish315 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:42 pm
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum but my story is I applied around January/February 2019, got the OTEE invite end of Feb 2019, got the results end of March 2019 and was told I would be contacted in the upcoming months for scheduling the interview. Besides me checking in in June 2019, I haven't gotten any update. Is this normal? Been kind of freaking out about job/money stuff as I'm a university graduate class of 2019 and thinking about whether I should go back to school or just keep taking general labour jobs until I get a definitive answer. Thanks in advance.
Some of the 2019 applicants got Interviews just recently.
I won't call it normal to wait over 1 year for interview, but I can say you are not alone. Best course of action is to email the HR department for status. Having in mind the current "virus" situation, I wouldn't count on interview in next few months ...
Best advice is to never rely solely on the CBSA application , as you can never be sure if it will materialize as a job, or if it does, when.
Live your life, take any job offer you have to make sure your life goes on, keep the CBSA application on the side and if it happens, good, if not, who knows, it may end up even better outside CBSA for you. With University degree you may have many other options out there.

hsinom

Postby hsinom » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:50 pm

mfish315 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:42 pm
Take a look at my timeline like others. We have finished all the steps required but have no update with the current situation of future intakes. In fact even recruits were sent home.Some have had to redo multiple steps. I'd suggest take whatever you're able to help with bills.
CBSA BC
Applied- Aug 2017
Inventory/Request for Docs- Dec 2017
Interview- Sept 2018
Security Sent- Sept 2018
Psych - Oct 2018
Medical - Feb 2019/Mar 2020 Renewal
Pare- April 2019
Security Interview - May 2019
Security Clearance- Dec 2019
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

Ulcaster555

Postby Ulcaster555 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:02 am

Hey Ulcaster,

Just wondering if there is any more information regarding the situation at Rigaud or future intakes?
[/quote]

Hi,

at this time i cannot say when the next intake will be, as you all know this is unprecedented, since Rigaud college is also closed and the current classes postponed until who knows when and by the time everything gets back on track it could take months, at the rate this is going i don't see anything moving for you guys until fall-winter. For now, all you need to do is follow the Public Health advice. CBSA is currently at Critical Functions only and many are now with the Internal Task Force to help Front Line Officers and other Emergency Departments.

I'll try to keep you all informed as much as i can, stay safe and at home until this Pandemic is over.
CBSA/ASFC

Here to correct false and/or inaccurate information.
Ici pour corriger les informations fausses et/ou inexactes.

I do not speak on behalf of the CBSA.
Je ne parle pas au nom de l'ASFC.

A North

Postby A North » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:21 am

How are you keeping your fitness up (cardio AND strength) with all of this crap going on? Since all the gyms are closed, most of us don't have home gyms and there is almost no basic equipment available to buy for home (I'm talking 2 pairs of useful dumbbells (35s and 45s minimum) and one collapsible bench). Dependent on how long this goes on for I could foresee big delays in process times due to recruits losing their progress and no longer being able to pass PAREs, PREPs or CFATs.
CBSA
CFSC/CRFSC: 04/16; Sent 01/20
GCT2/WCPT: Exempt (Police Foundations 06/17)
Applied: 12/18
Contacted: 02/19
OTEE: 03/19
G Licence: 02/20

Interview: Postponed (CoVid-19)
PARE: TBD
Psych: TBD
Medical: TBD
Security: TBD
Online: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

WSM109
Rookie Member

Postby WSM109 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:26 am

A North wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:21 am
How are you keeping your fitness up (cardio AND strength) with all of this crap going on? Since all the gyms are closed, most of us don't have home gyms and there is almost no basic equipment available to buy for home (I'm talking 2 pairs of useful dumbbells (35s and 45s minimum) and one collapsible bench). Dependent on how long this goes on for I could foresee big delays in process times due to recruits losing their progress and no longer being able to pass PAREs, PREPs or CFATs.
Depending on where you live, the great outdoors is what we’re doing now for workouts in my house.
Lots of good body weight resistance exercise you can do as well.
There is a high school running track that is available near my home that we can use providing it’s not overcrowded.
It sucks that the gym is closed, but get creative to stay in shape!
S.M.
Halifax applicant
Applied: Jan 2019 ☑️
OTEE: Feb 2019☑️
Interview: May 2019☑️
CFSC/CRFSC: Jun 2019☑️
Psyc: Aug 2019☑️
Medical: Feb 2020 ☑️
Sec Paper: Dec 2019☑️
Sec Clearance: Feb 2020 ☑️
Pare: Jan 2020 ☑️
OITP: TBD

hsinom

Postby hsinom » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:26 pm

A North wrote:
No weights needed - https://youtu.be/Tz9d7By2ytQ

But in this unprecedented times I'm hoping they will do the right thing and extend expiry of psych/medical/pare tests
CBSA BC
Applied- Aug 2017
Inventory/Request for Docs- Dec 2017
Interview- Sept 2018
Security Sent- Sept 2018
Psych - Oct 2018
Medical - Feb 2019/Mar 2020 Renewal
Pare- April 2019
Security Interview - May 2019
Security Clearance- Dec 2019
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

Highland2012

Postby Highland2012 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:09 pm

Hey All,

I was in OITP 15D as well, scheduled to attend Riguad in April. Finished the online training, and was ready to go when we were hit by the Covid 19. Class is postponed until further notice. Luckily I still have employment in the government sector but I know not all of us were so lucky.
RCMP
July19 Re-Inserted
July19 Psy- Done
Aug19 Med Exam- Pass
Oct19 Psy Int- Pass
Nov19 Med Clearance- pass
Nov19 SC submitted
Dec19 SP submitted
Feb20 Phone Int- pass
Feb20 Rit Int- pass
Mar 20 Poly- pass
May 20 BG- pass
SC in process
Troop:TBD

Francesco.Paonessa
Rookie Member

Postby Francesco.Paonessa » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:57 pm

A North wrote:
To keep fit at home, I have a fit bit set to coubt steps. If i dont complete my steps each hour, I pop out 10 pushups or burpees. I also go up and down my stairs a few times a day to keep thatbpart of training up.
CFMPA Grad - 2008

CBSA Applicant
Applied:✅
Face to Face Interview:✅
Med.Test:✅
Psych.Test:✅
Psych.Interview: ✅
Sec.Doc.Sent: ✅ (07/ 2018)
Integrity Interview: (07/ 2019)
Sec. Clearance: ✅ (05/ 2020)
PARE: TBD
Offer of Employment: TBD
Training Date: TBD

Newrecruit1983
Rookie Member

Postby Newrecruit1983 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:47 am

As someone who was in 15b just behind 15a. The college has been in contact with us as much as they can be but this is new to everyone. As someone who was actually at Rigaud and sent home. Let’s try not to worry about what ifs and be glad you aren’t infected and worry about staying healthy and realize things will come full circle and you will get your call just stay healthy and so as the government has asked. Social distance and practice good hygiene.

I’m not trying to say I know anything more than the next I just know a bit cause I was sent home after 5.5 weeks of school and I’m anxious to get back but I need to make sure my family is ok and safe before anything else and that I’m ok physically and mentally.

All the best to everyone in the process and all the best to everyone on the front line. Be safe and I have you in my thoughts.

SC_07
Rookie Member

Postby SC_07 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:55 pm

Newrecruit1983 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:47 am
As someone who was in 15b just behind 15a. The college has been in contact with us as much as they can be but this is new to everyone. As someone who was actually at Rigaud and sent home. Let’s try not to worry about what ifs and be glad you aren’t infected and worry about staying healthy and realize things will come full circle and you will get your call just stay healthy and so as the government has asked. Social distance and practice good hygiene.

I’m not trying to say I know anything more than the next I just know a bit cause I was sent home after 5.5 weeks of school and I’m anxious to get back but I need to make sure my family is ok and safe before anything else and that I’m ok physically and mentally.

All the best to everyone in the process and all the best to everyone on the front line. Be safe and I have you in my thoughts.
Right behind you 100%. And good to hear a positive disposition on the matter.

Thank you for posting, it honestly does alleviate a good chunk of the sense of the unknown when new recruits/recent hires chime in. Especially during such unprecedented times.
Applied: Aug 2018
OTEE: Sept 2018 (pass)
Int.: Mar 2019 (pass)
PARE: Apr 2019 (pass)
Psych Writ. & Int. : July 2019 / Aug 2019 (pass)
SEC. Clear. Sent: Sept 2019
Medical: Nov 2019 (pass)
Integrity Interview: Nov 2019 (granted)
OITP:
RIGAUD: