GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
User avatar
JetMoto87
Rookie Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:54 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JetMoto87 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:10 pm

When at Rigaud, I know you have to complete the Pare within first week or so of being there. Is there a second time towards the end or multiple times? Also do they recognize the fitness pin at all, sort of like extra points on top of Pare. I know some Police Services encourage members to pass it yearly, but not mandatory.
CBSA Applicant

Applied: Jan 2019
Otee: March 2019 Passed
Interview: May 2019 Passed
Psych: Nov 2019 Passed
Background started: Jan 2020
Pare: Mar 2020 Passed
Medical: N/a
Security interview: N/a

IronWolf
Seasoned Member
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby IronWolf » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:44 pm

JetMoto87 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:10 pm
When at Rigaud, I know you have to complete the Pare within first week or so of being there. Is there a second time towards the end or multiple times? Also do they recognize the fitness pin at all, sort of like extra points on top of Pare. I know some Police Services encourage members to pass it yearly, but not mandatory.
:giyf:

Using the search in the forum, here's the result :
Zedlinka wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:38 am
Boomboom72 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:40 pm
kellylihomes wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:58 pm
I heard from a friend that new recruits need to do PARE in Rigaud, and have to finish within shorter period time comparing to the passing point. Could someone verify it for me? I appreciate your help.
Unless this is new I actually heard the opposite... I heard that the PARE was ran on a few occasions during your time in Rigaud but that they were not considered official / Pass or Fail... I would also like to confirm this from a recent recruit / BSO for sure ;)
Something I can chime in on;
You'll do the PARE the first week you're there, probably Thursday or Friday.
They want you to pass. You are expected to pass. Nothing happens if you don't pass.
I was sick with the flu the first week (fun fact I think I got the entire college sick. Sorry folks.) anyway, I failed with a score of 4:48. Three seconds off a pass.
They want you to do better on your second try the last week of the program. Again, if you fail, nothing happens.
Note this next part is speculation; But I think the fitness group that has the contract for the fitness program is trying to show results to prove their program works. By measuring a baseline when you get there to seeing where you're at at the end.
And on another note, the fitness program is very much centered towards people who don't attend the gym much. It worked for me because I don't enjoy the gym, but I recall those more expereinced than I had difficulty putting effort into it.
Hope that answers your question.

hashimshah
Rookie Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:55 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby hashimshah » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:32 pm

Dave Brown wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:53 pm
hashimshah wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:25 pm
Hi guys, I need advice. My CRFSC and CFSC will end tomorrow. CBSA has given me till April 3 to provide proof of completion. RCMP takes 4 to 6 weeks to mail a stamped copywhich means I may not have a copy of my results by then.
In the spirit of "International Tell-It-Like-It-Is Day," perhaps you should have done this course a LONG time ago ... just like we HAVE BEEN ADVISING PEOPLE TO DO ON THIS FORUM FOR YEARS.

Honestly, it is getting very frustrating trying to moderate this forum when no one reads past posts and no one listens to good advice.

If you are not getting your forms back from the instructor when you complete the course, maybe you took the wrong course. Maybe you should have asked before you signed up for it.

The CFSC and CRFSC does not expire. It is good training and it lasts for a lifetime. IT SAVES LIVES.

Don't leave it for the last minute!!
If you think *** Limk removed. We do not allow unpaid advertising on this forum. Do not do it again *** dioesn't know his stuff then I leave it up to you. He is the one who said he can't give any paperwork. May be things changed since you last got the info??
Who said gun safety is not important? The closer you do it to the date, more you retain it.
OTEE: Oct 2018
Interview: May 2019
Psyc Test & int: Jul 2019 & Aug 2019, resp
Sec Cl Sub: Sep 2019
Med: Oct 2019
PARE: Dec 2019
Secret Clearance Interview: Dec 2019
Secret Clearance Granted: Jan 2020
CRFC: Pending
OITP: Pending
Rigaud: Pending

Lospollos
Rookie Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:47 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Lospollos » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:22 pm

A North wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:02 pm
Dave Brown wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:48 pm
A North wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:48 pm
Is recruitment always this much of a joke?
CBSA is not for you. Move on and save yourself and them a lot of time. Someone else would be GLAD to have your spot and would WELCOME a chance find a way to drive 1 1/2 hours to an interview. It's called initiative, and you don't have it.

Bottom line. This is not a job for entitled millennials. You will not get paid until long after your training. You WILL have to serve in any location they send you for operational needs. You will not be able to transfer out of that location for many years. CBSA has to staff EVERY POE, not just the popular ones. They may make some changes but they will not be giving new recruits their choices of the best ports when experienced officers have been staffing those small town remote ports most of their careers, and would love to transfer to a more desirable location.

On the up side, every dime you spend on travel to interviews, CFSC courses, medical tests, living with no income in Rigaud, etc. will be returned to you five fold in your first year of working just in overtime. You will have an important career doing what you love to do, and will graduate from Rigaud with zero student loans. How many others can say the same? Grow up, stop your whining and either change your attitude, or move on to another job where they will hire entitled whiners. Lots of successful people went through FAR FAR more in order to get the job they wanted.
Ah, the "entitled millenial whiner" card thrown out again. Love it, not like I haven't heard that a million times before. This isn't entitlement; this is a young person like so many other young persons in Canada who, thanks to student debt and post-secondary education, does not have disposable income and travel time for things that can already be done locally. The reality is that for all recruits, especially younger people which many departments have been screaming for, recruitment will need to get with the times. If there are local resources, use them and if they're going to take a while due to being overburdened fine, but communicate that. They want young people but many young people simply can not afford all the pinball games in the recruitment process; update this and things will improve.

And with regards to not having student loans after graduating Rigaud, I feel like that's an extremely misleading comment to make. Most of us still need college, university or both to even have a chance to get recruited, so unless you're lucky and get hired right out of high school, you will most likely have student loans heading into, during and after Rigaud. These aren't loans that can just be ignored here or there like cell phone or credit card bills can. They NEED to be paid on time and there's limited ability to change payment rates. Increase pay at Rigaud, make PoEs known well before Rigaud and start paying new recruits not just much earlier than 1-2 months in but also at FB-03 level which has been mentioned by other users here as well as the union.

This is not entitlement. This is critical thinking being applied on a forum, intended to spark conversation about other experiences and about how CBSA can change processes for the better, especially for younger recruits which they claim to want so much.
You sound pretty entitled expecting everything to be handed on a silver platter for you. I am in a similar demographic, graduated with debt worked part time to minimize it and found a job right out of the gate while applying to cbsa and knew that I wasn't ready to. Now the reality is any law enforcement job is difficult in any sense it's harder to get in, it's harder to perform your duties, complete the training and it isn't for everyone. IF you join cbsa you are going to realize that is only a small part of the battle therefore if you are whining and crying NOW before you even got recruited then maybe it is time to consider a different career path.
CBSA:
OTEE - Pass
Interview - Pass
Psych - in process

CO2

User avatar
Dave Brown
Site Admin
Posts: 1783
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2000 1:01 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Dave Brown » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:29 pm

hashimshah wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:32 pm

If you think *** Limk removed. We do not allow unpaid advertising on this forum. Do not do it again *** dioesn't know his stuff then I leave it up to you. He is the one who said he can't give any paperwork. May be things changed since you last got the info??
Who said gun safety is not important? The closer you do it to the date, more you retain it.
The pupose of my post was not to chide you for leaving it until the last minute, not bothering to read past posts or ignoring advice from other forum members. It was to warn OTHERS not to get caught short because they waited until the last minute too.

By the way, as the person who helped write the courses for the Canadian government and travel coast to coast to teach instructors how to teach the new course ..., I might know a thing or two about the course standards.

In my experience, students who don't get their test scores immediatly after the tests, are sometimes because instructirs tried to cram a two-day course into one day, or teach too many people at one time. The absolute minimum classroom time is 8 hours, and that does not include breaks, lunch or test time. Written test takes about 30 to 45 minutes, and practical tests take 10 to 15 minutes PER PERSON. So with 8 students, the CFSC should take 11 hours of classroom plus 3 hours of testing and paperwork. The CRFSC can be done in one day, if taught immediatly following the CFSC.

Yeah. I wrote the book. The courses are not about checking off boxes on a form. They are about learning LIFETIME SKILLS. If you truly learned those skills, they have zero to do with how recent you took it to check off boxes.

User avatar
Dave Brown
Site Admin
Posts: 1783
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2000 1:01 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Dave Brown » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:55 pm

A North wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:02 pm

This is not entitlement. This is critical thinking being applied on a forum, intended to spark conversation about other experiences and about how CBSA can change processes for the better, especially for younger recruits which they claim to want so much.
Let me tell you a secret. There are lots of experienced officers and recruiters who read these posts, and a lot of them think some of you ARE behaving like entitled millenials. Some of you are expecting CBSA to alter their hiring and posting practices just for you. You sound like all those other millenials who sign on to go anywhere in Canada and do the job they tell you to do ... and then you want THEM to change when they do exactly that.

My dad spent 30 years in the RCMP. He hauled a family of four to every small town in D Division for 30 years. He retired in 1967 with a monthly pension of 75 dollars. He didn't get a chance to enjoy his retirement. He started another 20-year career so he could house and feed his family and give us some semblance of an education. We were bullied unmercilessly by both other kids and by phys-ed teachers because we couldn't afford blue jeans, let alone the latest style. We moved so much that we could not get involved in sports so we all became the ostracized nerds, picked on by kids and teachers alike.

In 50 years of working for a living, protecting this country and being paid a pittance, I never heard my dad complain ONCE.

So don't come to me, expecting that I won't think you sound like a whiny, entitled millenial. Prove me wrong. Make it with CBSA and wear that uniform proudly. It wasn't easy in the 1930s. It's still not easy. Prove me wrong.

IronWolf
Seasoned Member
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby IronWolf » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:53 pm

The "fight" between old and new generations has no winner.

Old generations can't change new generations, just look at your grown up kids, are they like you, do they believe in same values as you do, do they do things as you have in the past ? The answer is most likely No.

Fact is, the future is with new generation, and lots has changed in last 10-15 years to accommodate different groups. Heck, they made bathrooms where all genders can go in at some places. Many things are not like they were 10-20 years ago.

I agree that complaining about drive to Rigaud should not be a thing when one is from Ottawa. But the fact that the guy emailed HR , told them specifically he can't make it there for some reasons and they said they will send him Ottawa region appointment, then sent him Rigaud again is a bit weird. Either they have some messed up email/applicant management system, or the person that set his second appointment was "distracted". Having in mind people here have confirmed interviews were held in the city of Ottawa. They could have replied to him : "Currently there's no possibility to schedule you appointment in Ottawa, Rigaud is the only option at this time."

I believe we should all calm down, accept the fact we are with different life baggage/experience, therefore somewhat different views on what can be improved in the HR process and what is pure "millennial whining" ;)

Especially when the discussed subjects align with the own CBSA audit for what's wrong even for the current BSOs and what could be improved in the selection process.

HR can only benefit from witnessing this discussion.

happy replying :alright:

cbmcmsa
Regular Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:00 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby cbmcmsa » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:10 am

Looks like I missed a fun weekend!

To those on here looking for advice, mine is, listen to Dave or any other mod/admin because they are or were actively employed in a Law Enforcement/Peace Officer capacity. As has been said several times, by moaning about how "unfair" the process is for you, you are not making any friends with current officers, recruiters, or forum members. All of the people listed have/are gone/going through the same process and made the same, if not more, sacrifices. Have student loans? Guess what, so do a lot of people. Don't want to get posted anywhere in Canada? Don't apply. The Agency gets 20,000+ applicants a year and most of them know what they're signing up for. The ones that are willing to make ALL of the sacrifices are the ones who are going to not only get hired, but be happy about their choice. Those who aren't, won't.


Just my two cents.
Former SBSO (CBSA)
App-08/18
RPAB-09/18
SP-11/18
Suitability-12/18
RMAQ-02/19
RFI-03/19
PEP-05/19
Med/Psych-05/19
Med/Psych Rec-06/19
Sec Clearance-07/19
Sec Clearance Rec-03/20
Troop Offer-March 10, 2020
Troop#4 - 2020/05/04 (On hold for COVID)

IronWolf
Seasoned Member
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby IronWolf » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:28 am

cbmcmsa wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:10 am
... The Agency gets 20,000+ applicants a year and most of them know what they're signing up for. The ones that are willing to make ALL of the sacrifices are the ones who are going to not only get hired, but be happy about their choice. Those who aren't, won't.

Just my two cents.
The own CBSA audit shows that over 30% of the current BSOs are unhappy about process/placement/transfers. Lots of "whiners" work in CBSA, if we look them from your perspective ;)

I can almost bet on the fact that most go to CBSA wishing to get their specific POE or region, so the happy ones are not "willing to go anywhere" but were lucky to get areas they preferred.

A responsible organisation listens to employees\applicants concerns and acts on them when it's possible. If not - they are left with unhappy employees that in most cases have no other choice for work and stay there just for the salary.

The people with options leave CBSA if they are unhappy and as far as I observed, biggest source of dissatisfaction is placement/transfers policies.

cbmcmsa
Regular Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:00 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby cbmcmsa » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:55 am

IronWolf wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:28 am
cbmcmsa wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:10 am
... The Agency gets 20,000+ applicants a year and most of them know what they're signing up for. The ones that are willing to make ALL of the sacrifices are the ones who are going to not only get hired, but be happy about their choice. Those who aren't, won't.

Just my two cents.
The own CBSA audit shows that over 30% of the current BSOs are unhappy about process/placement/transfers. Lots of "whiners" work in CBSA, if we look them from your perspective ;)

I can almost bet on the fact that most go to CBSA wishing to get their specific POE or region, so the happy ones are not "willing to go anywhere" but were lucky to get areas they preferred.

A responsible organisation listens to employees\applicants concerns and acts on them when it's possible. If not - they are left with unhappy employees that in most cases have no other choice for work and stay there just for the salary.

The people with options leave CBSA if they are unhappy and as far as I observed, biggest source of dissatisfaction is placement/transfers policies.
The issue with your statements here and elsewhere is that you don't actually work for CBSA yet and therefore are basing your opinions on things that may or may not be accurate. Is there dissatisfaction within the Agency on several things, sure, but point me to any organization that doesn't have dissatisfaction. Now I've agreed with you in the past about the staffing policy needing to change. Several people on here have agreed with you. The point that you're making has been made by thousands of people and the Agency is very obviously aware of it. But guess what. It probably won't change as drastically as you want it to, at least not in the next 5 years.


The other issue I take with your sarcastic/condescending tone and the verbiage you choose to use, is that by calling current BSOs "whiners" because they have legitimate issues with some aspect of their job is so unbelievably short sighted. You have no experience as a BSO. A lot of the posters on here, for the most part, don't either. When people whine and complain about the job before they've ever worked it for a day, then label of "whiner" fits. When you're talking about potential future colleagues... Maybe rethink your perspective. Be mindful of what you say on here. Especially since recruiters/moderators read these forums religiously.
Former SBSO (CBSA)
App-08/18
RPAB-09/18
SP-11/18
Suitability-12/18
RMAQ-02/19
RFI-03/19
PEP-05/19
Med/Psych-05/19
Med/Psych Rec-06/19
Sec Clearance-07/19
Sec Clearance Rec-03/20
Troop Offer-March 10, 2020
Troop#4 - 2020/05/04 (On hold for COVID)

Zepedder
Regular Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Zepedder » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:08 am

cbmcmsa wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:55 am
IronWolf wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:28 am
cbmcmsa wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:10 am
... The Agency gets 20,000+ applicants a year and most of them know what they're signing up for. The ones that are willing to make ALL of the sacrifices are the ones who are going to not only get hired, but be happy about their choice. Those who aren't, won't.

Just my two cents.
The own CBSA audit shows that over 30% of the current BSOs are unhappy about process/placement/transfers. Lots of "whiners" work in CBSA, if we look them from your perspective ;)

I can almost bet on the fact that most go to CBSA wishing to get their specific POE or region, so the happy ones are not "willing to go anywhere" but were lucky to get areas they preferred.

A responsible organisation listens to employees\applicants concerns and acts on them when it's possible. If not - they are left with unhappy employees that in most cases have no other choice for work and stay there just for the salary.

The people with options leave CBSA if they are unhappy and as far as I observed, biggest source of dissatisfaction is placement/transfers policies.
The issue with your statements here and elsewhere is that you don't actually work for CBSA yet and therefore are basing your opinions on things that may or may not be accurate. Is there dissatisfaction within the Agency on several things, sure, but point me to any organization that doesn't have dissatisfaction. Now I've agreed with you in the past about the staffing policy needing to change. Several people on here have agreed with you. The point that you're making has been made by thousands of people and the Agency is very obviously aware of it. But guess what. It probably won't change as drastically as you want it to, at least not in the next 5 years.


The other issue I take with your sarcastic/condescending tone and the verbiage you choose to use, is that by calling current BSOs "whiners" because they have legitimate issues with some aspect of their job is so unbelievably short sighted. You have no experience as a BSO. A lot of the posters on here, for the most part, don't either. When people whine and complain about the job before they've ever worked it for a day, then label of "whiner" fits. When you're talking about potential future colleagues... Maybe rethink your perspective. Be mindful of what you say on here. Especially since recruiters/moderators read these forums religiously.
100% agree with you and Dave Brown. We all read the job posting (hopefully thoroughly) and all still decided to apply. I can't understand the people who apply to a job and then go on a public forum and complain about the hiring practises. The CBSA audit can say whatever and they can quote whatever they want but the fact is they applied to this job with its current practises. I wouldn't go apply to any other job, government or private sector and then complain when they're hiring practises don't suit my needs. So why is CBSA any different?

In addition to that, there's an above poster who weeks ago was upset that they were deferred, were then ended up being offered an interview spot and decided to come on here and complain about the location? Dave Brown was right, the entitlement is unbelievable. And I say all this as a "millennial".
ON
GCT2/WCPT- Exempt
Applied- Oct, 2016
Interview- May, 2017
Psych - Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Docs- July, 2017
Medical- Feb, 2020 (renewal)
PARE- Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Int.- July, 2018
Clearance - August, 2018
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

IronWolf
Seasoned Member
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby IronWolf » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:17 am

cbmcmsa, better go back and read again what I wrote. You called out anyone that complains after they applied knowing what they are getting into. You called 30% of the unhappy BSOs "whiners" with your statement.

It is sad I have to explain to you what I wrote as you didn't get it.

cbmcmsa
Regular Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:00 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby cbmcmsa » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:48 am

IronWolf wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:17 am
cbmcmsa, better go back and read again what I wrote. You called out anyone that complains after they applied knowing what they are getting into. You called 30% of the unhappy BSOs "whiners" with your statement.

It is sad I have to explain to you what I wrote as you didn't get it.
I'm going to take the high road on this one, because your attitude isn't one that is conducive for constructive conversation. Perspectives have been given by people that know what they're talking about from having worked for the Agency, and you've stuck to your guns. If you know everything then I have nothing more to say other than maybe consider you don't have all of the facts and that misquoting/misconstruing points to fit your narrative will only get you in hot water in this line of work. Wish you the best in your process, hopefully everything works out for you!
Former SBSO (CBSA)
App-08/18
RPAB-09/18
SP-11/18
Suitability-12/18
RMAQ-02/19
RFI-03/19
PEP-05/19
Med/Psych-05/19
Med/Psych Rec-06/19
Sec Clearance-07/19
Sec Clearance Rec-03/20
Troop Offer-March 10, 2020
Troop#4 - 2020/05/04 (On hold for COVID)

IronWolf
Seasoned Member
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby IronWolf » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:55 am

cbmcmsa wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:48 am
...Wish you the best in your process, hopefully everything works out for you!
Good luck to you at RCMP as well !

JEagle10
Regular Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:14 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JEagle10 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:00 am

Zepedder wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:08 am
cbmcmsa wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:55 am
IronWolf wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:28 am


The own CBSA audit shows that over 30% of the current BSOs are unhappy about process/placement/transfers. Lots of "whiners" work in CBSA, if we look them from your perspective ;)

I can almost bet on the fact that most go to CBSA wishing to get their specific POE or region, so the happy ones are not "willing to go anywhere" but were lucky to get areas they preferred.

A responsible organisation listens to employees\applicants concerns and acts on them when it's possible. If not - they are left with unhappy employees that in most cases have no other choice for work and stay there just for the salary.

The people with options leave CBSA if they are unhappy and as far as I observed, biggest source of dissatisfaction is placement/transfers policies.
The issue with your statements here and elsewhere is that you don't actually work for CBSA yet and therefore are basing your opinions on things that may or may not be accurate. Is there dissatisfaction within the Agency on several things, sure, but point me to any organization that doesn't have dissatisfaction. Now I've agreed with you in the past about the staffing policy needing to change. Several people on here have agreed with you. The point that you're making has been made by thousands of people and the Agency is very obviously aware of it. But guess what. It probably won't change as drastically as you want it to, at least not in the next 5 years.


The other issue I take with your sarcastic/condescending tone and the verbiage you choose to use, is that by calling current BSOs "whiners" because they have legitimate issues with some aspect of their job is so unbelievably short sighted. You have no experience as a BSO. A lot of the posters on here, for the most part, don't either. When people whine and complain about the job before they've ever worked it for a day, then label of "whiner" fits. When you're talking about potential future colleagues... Maybe rethink your perspective. Be mindful of what you say on here. Especially since recruiters/moderators read these forums religiously.
100% agree with you and Dave Brown. We all read the job posting (hopefully thoroughly) and all still decided to apply. I can't understand the people who apply to a job and then go on a public forum and complain about the hiring practises. The CBSA audit can say whatever and they can quote whatever they want but the fact is they applied to this job with its current practises. I wouldn't go apply to any other job, government or private sector and then complain when they're hiring practises don't suit my needs. So why is CBSA any different?

In addition to that, there's an above poster who weeks ago was upset that they were deferred, were then ended up being offered an interview spot and decided to come on here and complain about the location? Dave Brown was right, the entitlement is unbelievable. And I say all this as a "millennial".

You put it very well, if people hate the hiring process that much just email recruiting and tell them that, so they can take you out 😂 then you won’t have to worry!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], SemrushBot and 10 guests