GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Zedlinka

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Zedlinka » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:42 am

Boomboom72 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:12 am
Zedlinka wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:38 am
Don't count out January just yet.
Pretty sure the second time I did the online my invite came on a Tuesday.

Patience is key.
As I've said before too, don't put your life on hold because of it. I know it's difficult, but you'll get there.

To those of you who got your invites. Congrats. You're part of the January Intake club. The first intake, in my opinion, is the best. You get free range on the college for the first month with the exception of people there doing Triannuals, and other training. Enjoy it before it gets crowded!

Hang in there guys!
Thank you as always for the insight !! I was thinking the same thing, that invites might still come for the January intakes in the coming days...

I was also curious as to how many people are accepted per Intake roughly? I remember seeing multiple classes per intake in the past, so I am assuming it's a decent amount... also, does everyone who has received a January intake start date begin on the same date? Or is it spread out throughout January kinda like RCMP Depot?

Thanks again for all the awesome info!!
18 people (give or take one or two) per class. 4 classes. 3 English, 1 french. The English classes usually have bilingual applicants in them too. So 72ish give or take. You are with your class of 18 for the entire program. You'll have your own classroom, with your own desk/computer etc.
class together. Everyone getting their invites for January are all starting on the 14th. They don't do troops every week. When you get there you'll understand why. It's a facility that isn't quite equipped to handle weekly intakes. A lot goes into getting it all done.
The opinions expressed by me do not represent the Canada Border Services Agency or the Government of Canada

BSO

"Take your job seriously, but not yourself"

Boomboom72

Postby Boomboom72 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:53 am

Zedlinka wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:42 am
Boomboom72 wrote:
Zedlinka wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:38 am
Don't count out January just yet.
Pretty sure the second time I did the online my invite came on a Tuesday.

Patience is key.
As I've said before too, don't put your life on hold because of it. I know it's difficult, but you'll get there.

To those of you who got your invites. Congrats. You're part of the January Intake club. The first intake, in my opinion, is the best. You get free range on the college for the first month with the exception of people there doing Triannuals, and other training. Enjoy it before it gets crowded!

Hang in there guys!
Thank you as always for the insight !! I was thinking the same thing, that invites might still come for the January intakes in the coming days...

I was also curious as to how many people are accepted per Intake roughly? I remember seeing multiple classes per intake in the past, so I am assuming it's a decent amount... also, does everyone who has received a January intake start date begin on the same date? Or is it spread out throughout January kinda like RCMP Depot?

18 people (give or take one or two) per class. 4 classes. 3 English, 1 french. The English classes usually have bilingual applicants in them too. So 72ish give or take. You are with your class of 18 for the entire program. You'll have your own classroom, with your own desk/computer etc.
class together. Everyone getting their invites for January are all starting on the 14th. They don't do troops every week. When you get there you'll understand why. It's a facility that isn't quite equipped to handle weekly intakes. A lot goes into getting it all done.
Awesome :) Thank you!! All this info is much appreciated. Having a young family, you try and plan and get as much information as possible!! This platform and your insight has been amazing!!
Applied: June 2018
OTEE: Sept 2018 (Passed)
Interview: Nov 2018 (Passed)
Psych: March 2019 (Passed)
Security / backround: April 2019 (Passed)
Pare: June 2019 (Passed)
Medical: June 2019 (Passed)
Integrity: August 2019 (Passed)
OITP: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

Zedlinka

Postby Zedlinka » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:52 am

Boomboom72 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:53 am
Zedlinka wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:42 am
Boomboom72 wrote:

Awesome :) Thank you!! All this info is much appreciated. Having a young family, you try and plan and get as much information as possible!! This platform and your insight has been amazing!!
No problem. If you've got any more questions feel free to PM me. I don't mind answering what I can.
The opinions expressed by me do not represent the Canada Border Services Agency or the Government of Canada

BSO

Chicken111
Rookie Member

Postby Chicken111 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:04 am

Congratulations to all those who received their invitation!

I finally got my psychological results last week and sent my security documents yesterday.
The longest waiting time starts now, I already know from reading you that patience is the key.

Are there any other candidates from the MTL region here with whom I can share my progress with?
CBSA Mtl applicant
Applied Sept.18 ✅
OTEE: Oct.18 ✅
Interview Mar.19 ✅
MMPI: Sept.19 ✅
Psych Interview: Oct.19 ✅
Sec.Docs. Oct19/Dec19 (2x)
PARE: Feb.20 ✅
Int. Interview: May 20
Sec clearance: June 20 ✅
SLE:
CatIII med:
OITP:

CaptainMarvel
Rookie Member

Postby CaptainMarvel » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:35 am

Just wanted to throw a congrats out to all the invitees! And as others' have mentioned for those still waiting, hang in there- it ain't over 'til it's over!

felix1113
Rookie Member

Postby felix1113 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:04 pm

Congrats on your 1st wave, for the rest of us may the odds be with you for the next round :D
Apply: August 18
OTEE: September 18 - PASS
Interview: December 18 - PASS
PARE: January 19- PASS
Psych : April 19 - PASS
Sec papers: Sent April 19
Med Evaluation: May 19 - PASS
Clearance: July 19 - PASS
OITP: February 2020
Rigaud: Unconfirmed

Tornelco

Postby Tornelco » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:39 pm

So I heard from a friend that the RCMP no longer uses the MMPI-2 & 16PF for their Psych evals? Friend said his psych eval was less than 400 questions... wonder what prompted the change. :?:
Correctional Peace Officer

JEagle10

Postby JEagle10 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:31 am

kittycat1024 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:44 pm
JEagle10 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:32 pm

Hopefully they give you enough notice for your Pysch.. there always that chance that when you do your Pysch there won’t be an open spot to run the PARE somewhere, where would your interview be if you dont mind me asking
I’m Toronto GTA applicant, and you?

Congratulations to all who got the OITP entry!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted!!!
Good ol Ottawa

kittycat1024

Postby kittycat1024 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:52 am

Chicken111 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:04 am
Congratulations to all those who received their invitation!

I finally got my psychological results last week and sent my security documents yesterday.
The longest waiting time starts now, I already know from reading you that patience is the key.

Are there any other candidates from the MTL region here with whom I can share my progress with?
Hi Chicken, I’m just curious so you haven’t done for PARE yet?
Applied: 2018
PAL: Obtained
Interview: Oct 2019 (Passed)
PARE: Feb 2020 (Passed)
MMPI: TBC
:swords:

Chicken111
Rookie Member

Postby Chicken111 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:15 am

kittycat1024 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:52 am

I'm waiting for them to ask me questions about my PARE. The recruitment process takes at least 2 years, I only don't want to pay twice ($95 in MTL). I already did it once 3 years ago and I got a good score, but I later failed the interview. In my mind, I did it for "nothing". This time, I try to go as far as I can in the process and will do the test when required. If anything go wrong, at least I'll save some $ :D
CBSA Mtl applicant
Applied Sept.18 ✅
OTEE: Oct.18 ✅
Interview Mar.19 ✅
MMPI: Sept.19 ✅
Psych Interview: Oct.19 ✅
Sec.Docs. Oct19/Dec19 (2x)
PARE: Feb.20 ✅
Int. Interview: May 20
Sec clearance: June 20 ✅
SLE:
CatIII med:
OITP:

Zedlinka

Postby Zedlinka » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:07 pm

Chicken111 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:15 am
kittycat1024 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:52 am

I'm waiting for them to ask me questions about my PARE. The recruitment process takes at least 2 years, I only don't want to pay twice ($95 in MTL). I already did it once 3 years ago and I got a good score, but I later failed the interview. In my mind, I did it for "nothing". This time, I try to go as far as I can in the process and will do the test when required. If anything go wrong, at least I'll save some $ :D
If you've sent in your security paperwork, I would strongly suggest you get your PARE done ASAP.

BSO

fair_trade_certified
Rookie Member

Postby fair_trade_certified » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:02 pm

Hello, I've been lurking for some time on this forum. It took 2.5 years but I finally got my invitation to OITP. Quick question: does selecting the training in French give me greater chances to be posted in Quebec or does it make no difference? Thank you in advance. I'm comfortable in both languages.

Zedlinka

Postby Zedlinka » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:33 pm

fair_trade_certified wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:02 pm
Hello, I've been lurking for some time on this forum. It took 2.5 years but I finally got my invitation to OITP. Quick question: does selecting the training in French give me greater chances to be posted in Quebec or does it make no difference? Thank you in advance. I'm comfortable in both languages.
Doesn't matter. If you're certified bilingual, (like if you did the SLE) you'll be on the bilingual list if you do the course in English or French.

English only applicants (no SLE) cannot pick off the bilingual list.
There are zero chances of going to Quebec if you are English only.

BSO

5pointoh
Rookie Member

Postby 5pointoh » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Thanks for info
Last edited by 5pointoh on Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zedlinka

Postby Zedlinka » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:02 pm

5pointoh wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:56 pm
Curious if anyone that applied during or after summer 2018+ received an OITP invite?

Also, I completed my Security Clearance interview in the first week of August 2018. Mid sept I had not heard back. I emailed recruitment and was told I was granted my clearance. A few weeks later I received an email requesting my R/PAL info, and to send it in by 31 Oct 2019. Even though I had already submitted it, I sent it off and included a copy of my PARE just incase. I also asked if anything else was required.

In the return email it stated I had successfully completed all assessments at this time, and to monitor my email for course availability 2020. Has anyone had this happen, or did everyone receive a security clearance granted email?
Pretty standard email.
They're probably gearing up to send you in February or March since there was what I assume a clerical delay in your paperwork. I wouldn't worry about it.

BSO