GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

dankmb
Rookie Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby dankmb » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:48 am

Jumb34t wrote:
dankmb wrote:Hey guys new here!

I recently passed my interview, I got my results back in less than a week. I have to do the PARE test though as spots are pretty limited around here. I can either do it on Jan 9 or Feb 27. What is the next step that I should be expecting? Would February be too late to do it? I'm only wanting to do it then to give me more time to practice. Thanks and good luck to everyone!
As far as I know, as long as you pass the PARE test before you go to Riguard, you'll be ok. You should be expecting either the Medical or the Psychological portions. Also, congrats on the interview :)

Thanks! Do you think Feb is too long to wait to do the PARE or no? Seems like it can be a long process just don't wana risk it you know.

dankmb
Rookie Member

Postby dankmb » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:54 am

LobsterCop wrote:

I recently passed my interview, I got my results back in less than a week. I have to do the PARE test though as spots are pretty limited around here. I can either do it on Jan 9 or Feb 27. What is the next step that I should be expecting? Would February be too late to do it? I'm only wanting to do it then to give me more time to practice. Thanks and good luck to everyone!
Congrats, I am just waiting to be given my interview date. May I ask your location? Just curious. What letter does your last name begin with? ha ha

Thanks! I am in Windsor. It doesn't seem like there is an exact formula that they're following. I'm sure there are a lot of factors, the OTEE being a major one! With it being closer to holidays and new years it's hard to say how things will go right now. Do you know your score on the test?
Have you done your PARE test yet? Do you think waiting til Feb is too long?

BoltUp

Postby BoltUp » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:35 pm

I would do your PARE in January. Not to sound negative, but if you are unsuccessful you still have the February date to complete it. At my interview they said it was great that I had my firearms courses and PARE completed and that it would help speed things along. In the past, looking at everyone's times in their signatures makes you think that this is a huge waiting game and it was. Now it seems as though things are moving a LOT faster! For example, I applied at the end of September, got my interview at the end of November. I was told I would hear the results from the interview in 3-5weeks....I heard back 5 days later! So I would try to complete as much as you can, as soon as you can. :twitch: just my 2 cents.
CBSA Application:

Applied: Sept, 2018
OTEE: Oct, 2018
PARE: Nov, 2018
Interview: Nov, 2018

Pscych Evaluation: April, 2019
Security papers sent April 30, 2019
Medical Evaluation: May 2019
Integrity Interview: August 2019

OITP:
Rigaud:

dankmb
Rookie Member

Postby dankmb » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:52 pm

CNYEG wrote:

I would do your PARE in January. Not to sound negative, but if you are unsuccessful you still have the February date to complete it. At my interview they said it was great that I had my firearms courses and PARE completed and that it would help speed things along. In the past, looking at everyone's times in their signatures makes you think that this is a huge waiting game and it was. Now it seems as though things are moving a LOT faster! For example, I applied at the end of September, got my interview at the end of November. I was told I would hear the results from the interview in 3-5weeks....I heard back 5 days later! So I would try to complete as much as you can, as soon as you can. :twitch: just my 2 cents.

Thanks!! makes sense for sure. Say you fail the PARE though, are you disqualified or are you able to still do it again? I'm confident I'll pass I just like to be over-prepared lol.

dankmb
Rookie Member

Postby dankmb » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:52 pm

CNYEG wrote:

Thanks!! makes sense for sure. Say you fail the PARE though, are you disqualified or are you able to still do it again? I'm confident I'll pass I just like to be over-prepared lol.

BoltUp

Postby BoltUp » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:10 pm

You can do it again but not on the same day. There is also a place on the form that gets submitted that they check of if it's your first, second or third time doing the PARE. I posted a few pages back on how I prepared for the PARE. Good luck and congrats on your progress so far:))
CBSA Application:

Applied: Sept, 2018
OTEE: Oct, 2018
PARE: Nov, 2018
Interview: Nov, 2018

Pscych Evaluation: April, 2019
Security papers sent April 30, 2019
Medical Evaluation: May 2019
Integrity Interview: August 2019

OITP:
Rigaud:

nick921
Rookie Member

Postby nick921 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:22 pm

I actually would like to know how many people in the GTA are still waiting for a interview?

TaylorAlexandra
Rookie Member

Postby TaylorAlexandra » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:21 am

nick921 wrote:I actually would like to know how many people in the GTA are still waiting for a interview?

Hey Nick.

I got my email giving me my interview date on November the 30th. I go for it in just under two weeks.

sunnysun
Rookie Member

Postby sunnysun » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:37 am

nick921 wrote:I actually would like to know how many people in the GTA are still waiting for a interview?
I am also from gta and waiting for interview too. Got reply from recruitment that it may take several weeks to months before they call anyone for interview but they also confirms me that i am in their list for interview and all i have to do is wait and check my email regularly.

mike_lebel
Rookie Member

Postby mike_lebel » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Is there anybody from the province of Quebec that received an interview date?
Applied: September 2018
OTEE: October 14th
OTEE results: October 31st (passed)
Interview: ?
PARE: ?
Psych test: ?

nick921
Rookie Member

Postby nick921 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:31 pm

sunnysun wrote:
I am also from gta and waiting for interview too. Got reply from recruitment that it may take several weeks to months before they call anyone for interview but they also confirms me that i am in their list for interview and all i have to do is wait and check my email regularly.
Did you email the recruitment email? I would also like to know if I am in the interview list.

nick921
Rookie Member

Postby nick921 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:32 pm

TaylorAlexandra wrote:

Hey Nick.

I got my email giving me my interview date on November the 30th. I go for it in just under two weeks.
That's good news! Good luck at the interview!

TaylorAlexandra
Rookie Member

Postby TaylorAlexandra » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:20 pm

nick921 wrote:
TaylorAlexandra wrote:

Hey Nick.

That's good news! Good luck at the interview!

Thanks darling!

sunnysun
Rookie Member

Postby sunnysun » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:14 pm

nick921 wrote:
sunnysun wrote:
Did you email the recruitment email? I would also like to know if I am in the interview list.
Ya i email them for updation on my file on the email that we all getting reply from i.e. results

kezard1
Rookie Member

Postby kezard1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:20 pm

Hello, I have successfully passed the OTEE and received the information package and was told to wait for an email regarding an interview date and time. However, I am pregnant and am due the last week of May. Great news! But what I am wondering is... I understand this process can take over a year to complete. Am I able to do all of the steps before I give birth and once the baby is born complete the PARE and be ready for Rigaud training? (obviously I know I am SOL if this all happens before the baby is born. But if luck is on my side is this possible?)