GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
poseidon
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby poseidon » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Nicholas1989 wrote:
poseidon wrote:Hello future CBSA officers. Very new in the forum. I just submitted my 3 districts selection and it's been 2 weeks now that i haven't heard from them. Docs are collected now and GTG for submission. A response from you guys is much appreciated.

"Protectio Servitium Integritas"



all you gotta do is wait now for the response back to write the written test



Thanks Nicholas1989....I see that your already done your OTEE, may i know how was it?

"Protectio Servitium Integritas"

doward16
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby doward16 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:43 am

Hi, i applied to the small communities posting in August /18. I declared that I have my Firearms courses as they are mandatory, in order to achieve a PAL license (restricted/non-restricted). I have my restricted and non restricted license but do not have the test papers as i wrote 10+ years ago. When they ask for the credentials, will a photo copy of my license suffice? or do i need to take these courses again for the paper work? I'm just looking for clarification. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Canada Border Services Agency

Pare----------------10-2018 pass 3:40
Applied------------ 02-19
OTEE---------------03-19
OTEE results------03-19 pass 90%
Interview TBD

Bhart18
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:49 am

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Bhart18 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:31 pm

doward16 wrote:Hi, i applied to the small communities posting in August /18. I declared that I have my Firearms courses as they are mandatory, in order to achieve a PAL license (restricted/non-restricted). I have my restricted and non restricted license but do not have the test papers as i wrote 10+ years ago. When they ask for the credentials, will a photo copy of my license suffice? or do i need to take these courses again for the paper work? I'm just looking for clarification. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.



Call your provincial CFO. They keep records and I got a copy of mine from them. Was a long time since I did my course too, when I got a copy. That's not to say a copy of.your license isnt sufficient- I dont know. But you cN get a copy of the paperwork if needee
Troop 32 - 14 Jan 2019

WinterFun
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:25 pm
Contact:

OTEE Test

Postby WinterFun » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi Guys,

I am very new here, i tried to find the answer to my question in the forum and online but I did not find any.

I am invited to write OTEE, but there is no information on CBSA or Public Service Canada websites about the OTEE test. I understand that they will test you based on the following:

Preparing for the OTEE:

The OTEE will assess the following competencies:

· Reasoning Skills: the ability of drawing conclusions or inferences from information to solve problems.

· Analytical Thinking: the ability to use a logical thought process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.

· Client Service Orientation: the ability to provide the best service possible (quality, timeliness, completeness, knowledge / competence, courtesy, fairness, outcome, etc.) to both internal and external clients.

· Writing Skills: the ability to produce written documents, including correspondence, reports, documentation, etc., clearly and correctly, using plain language, and in a style and form likely to appeal to and influence the intended audience.

Regarding the Reasoning Skills and Analytical Thinking, do you know how to practice for these two competencies? I could not find any sample test for these two. My education is from outside Canada and I am very confused. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me how to find examples of these tests to practice.

As far as Client Service Orientation and Writing Skills, are these going or be behavioral text format?

I would appreciate for any help and suggestions regarding my 2 questions above.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Fire_BSO23
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:57 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Fire_BSO23 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:37 am

Hey guys,

I'm also kinda stumped on how to prep for the OTEE examination. The competencies are pretty straight forward but Im really looking to give myself some extra practice on each unit of study. I tried finding practice examinations for each but some of the tests just don't feel relevant at all. Anyone know how to better prepare for this it would be great help.

User avatar
JeanFrancois
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:40 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JeanFrancois » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:11 pm

Alright;

Common sense questions about providing customer service in relation to a CBSA environment and what to do not do; Like a person is at gate one, you find 15,000 of undeclared cash on their items, You a) advise of them regs. b) pocket the money, c) pull out your gun and order them to the floor . d) blow them a kiss, e) none of the above.


practice your powers of observation; practice mapping; practice basic math, practice noticing small differences in things, practice logic based questions;
Good practice would be a combination of the PATI test and RPAB test

Prepare yourself for two hours and thirty minutes of wonderfulness and the long wait for a pass / fail on a test you took that it knew the results 1 second after you pressed the submit button :)
CBSA:
Deferral Sept 2019

paulalynn71
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:54 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby paulalynn71 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:31 am

Friday I received an email saying to submit my PARE results prior to 22 October as they are loading the upcoming Winter sessions. From what I remember reading, I was under the impression that the Winter courses were already loaded? What's the next serial? Does anyone know?

Thanks

jcip21
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:24 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby jcip21 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:45 am

paulalynn71 wrote:Friday I received an email saying to submit my PARE results prior to 22 October as they are loading the upcoming Winter sessions. From what I remember reading, I was under the impression that the Winter courses were already loaded? What's the next serial? Does anyone know?

Thanks


The next class would be 13A from what I read...
Last edited by jcip21 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTA Applicant

Interview - May 2017 - PASS
Pare - May 2017/2018 - PASS
Clearance - Jun 2017 - OBTAINED - Aug 2018
Psych - Jun 2017 - PASS
SLE - Aug 2017 - PASS
Medical - Sept 2017/2018- PASS
Integrity - Jul 2018 PASS
Online - 13C - Jan 2019
Rigaud - March 2019

vanessa11
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:06 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby vanessa11 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:02 am

paulalynn71 wrote:Friday I received an email saying to submit my PARE results prior to 22 October as they are loading the upcoming Winter sessions. From what I remember reading, I was under the impression that the Winter courses were already loaded? What's the next serial? Does anyone know?

Thanks


I got an invite for next class. The online starts on November 26th and classes in Rigaud on January 14th.
Applied: 2017.2.15
Interview: 2017.11.2
Security: 2017.11.27
PARE: 2017.11.30
Written psych: 2017.12.11
Psych interview: 2017.12.13
Med: 2018.1.22
SLE: 2018.3.14 - 2018.4.11 results : C-C-C
Integrity int : 2018.7.10
OITP: 2018.11.26
Rigaud: 2019.1.14

BSO

paulalynn71
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:54 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby paulalynn71 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:50 am

when did your invite come?

Latch527
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:55 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Latch527 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:15 pm

I am still waiting on my invite, I was told that it would come in October, which to me is odd since Vanessa1 received her invite last month. Here's hoping that I get mine soon.
Applied: 10/2016
PARE: 03/2017 & 03/2018
Interview: 06/2017
Exam: 02/2017
Security: 07/2018
Integrity Interview: 06/2018
Medical: 12/2017 08/2018
OITP: 12/2018
Riguard: 02/2019

paulalynn71
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:54 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby paulalynn71 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:23 pm

Ok cool. I'm thinking the invites might come out 26 Oct as I had to submit my results by the 22nd and the 26th is a Friday ;0) It's been a long process but I feel like we might be finally reaching the end... fingers crossed anyway! Trying not to get too excited until the 26th anyway. :D

BraCanCBSA
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby BraCanCBSA » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:23 pm

paulalynn71 wrote:Ok cool. I'm thinking the invites might come out 26 Oct as I had to submit my results by the 22nd and the 26th is a Friday ;0) It's been a long process but I feel like we might be finally reaching the end... fingers crossed anyway! Trying not to get too excited until the 26th anyway. :D


Same boat...just waiting for the official email for the OITP (2nd time) and Rigaud. I have the same feeling, finally reaching the end... :wave: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wave:
Applied - Jan 16th, 2017
Interview - PASSED
Psychological Test/interview - PASSED
Medical Exams - July 2017 -- July 2018
PARE - Nov 2017 - PASSED
Security Interview - May 2018 OK
OITP - Nov 26th
Clearance - July 2018 - PASSED
Rigaud - January 14th 2019

mike_lebel
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:07 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby mike_lebel » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:59 pm

JeanFrancois wrote:Alright;

Common sense questions about providing customer service in relation to a CBSA environment and what to do not do; Like a person is at gate one, you find 15,000 of undeclared cash on their items, You a) advise of them regs. b) pocket the money, c) pull out your gun and order them to the floor . d) blow them a kiss, e) none of the above.


practice your powers of observation; practice mapping; practice basic math, practice noticing small differences in things, practice logic based questions;
Good practice would be a combination of the PATI test and RPAB test

Prepare yourself for two hours and thirty minutes of wonderfulness and the long wait for a pass / fail on a test you took that it knew the results 1 second after you pressed the submit button :)


Does it mean you received your OTEE test results?
Applied: September 2018
OTEE: October 14th
OTEE results: October 31st (passed)
Interview: ?
PARE: ?
Psych test: ?
...

Latch527
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:55 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Latch527 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:50 pm

BraCanCBSA wrote:
paulalynn71 wrote:Ok cool. I'm thinking the invites might come out 26 Oct as I had to submit my results by the 22nd and the 26th is a Friday ;0) It's been a long process but I feel like we might be finally reaching the end... fingers crossed anyway! Trying not to get too excited until the 26th anyway. :D


Same boat...just waiting for the official email for the OITP (2nd time) and Rigaud. I have the same feeling, finally reaching the end... :wave: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wave:


Oh I hope these come out on the 26th! I mean the sooner the better but I would LOVE that.

Also I just realized that tax returns come out in March or April so that will help me my move a lot!
Applied: 10/2016
PARE: 03/2017 & 03/2018
Interview: 06/2017
Exam: 02/2017
Security: 07/2018
Integrity Interview: 06/2018
Medical: 12/2017 08/2018
OITP: 12/2018
Riguard: 02/2019


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andjac111, Canadianpatriot, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot and 9 guests