GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
BraCanCBSA
Rookie Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby BraCanCBSA » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:51 am

Latch527 wrote:Anyone receive OITP invites for Novemebr yet?

Waiting for the official email from HR... Did the OITP in June.... just waiting for the next intake. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Applied - Jan 16th, 2017
Interview - PASSED
Psychological Test/interview - PASSED
Medical Exams - July 2017 -- July 2018
PARE - Nov 2017 - PASSED
Security Interview - May 2018 OK
OITP - Nov 26th
Clearance - July 2018 - PASSED
Rigaud - January 14th 2019

BraCanCBSA
Rookie Member

Postby BraCanCBSA » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:04 am

Nicholas1989 wrote:
Bobobobo wrote:Hey All,

So still in the running here, but I will be turning 35 years old next January...am I getting too old to start a career as an officer in CBSA?

For those who have been to Rigaud already, what was the oldest recruit you had in your intake?

Bobo

how can that be too old?

you're 35 years old then put in 20-25 years in and you retire you'll be 60~65 years old, where most other people around that age retire which is 60ish+

when I was doing the Physical for CBSA I had a dude in there who was 48? If he puts in 20 years of service he will be 68 once he retires

It depends on how many years he already contributed for his retirement.... By the way, 48 is not old :D . I did the PARE and passed on first try. I was a triathlete for almost 10 years. I saw younger people that failed on PARE when I did mine. Forget age, focus on your skills and be open to learn more and more with CBSA.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Applied - Jan 16th, 2017
Interview - PASSED
Psychological Test/interview - PASSED
Medical Exams - July 2017 -- July 2018
PARE - Nov 2017 - PASSED
Security Interview - May 2018 OK
OITP - Nov 26th
Clearance - July 2018 - PASSED
Rigaud - January 14th 2019

cardken
Rookie Member

Postby cardken » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:32 pm

Kiaora692 wrote:Has anyone who applied for the small centre position, received an email informing them that their application in the inventory is needing to be renewed? I read that it has to be renewed every 90 days in order to remain active. Thanks

if your application was pulled from CBSA, you do not have to renew. I emailed CBSA when i received the email regarding my application expiring and they informed me that because i had been contacted before the expiring date that I didn't have to renew it.

paulalynn71
Rookie Member

Postby paulalynn71 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:24 am

Bobobobo wrote:Hey All,

So still in the running here, but I will be turning 35 years old next January...am I getting too old to start a career as an officer in CBSA?

For those who have been to Rigaud already, what was the oldest recruit you had in your intake?

Bobo

haha. 47 here! Although I did begin the process when I was 45 :) might be 50 before I get in LOL!

jared.poelzer
Rookie Member

Postby jared.poelzer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:21 pm

Got my email today that I am invited to write the entrance exam. The email didn't say what to expect on the exam. Maybe something similar to RCMP/Municipal police entrance exams?
Last edited by jared.poelzer on Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

mike_lebel
Rookie Member

Postby mike_lebel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:04 pm

Still no OTEE results?
Applied: September 2018
OTEE: October 14th
OTEE results: October 31st (passed)
Interview: ?
PARE: ?
Psych test: ?

Kiaora692
Rookie Member

Postby Kiaora692 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:58 pm

Got an email invite as well. No idea on what to study for.
CBSA
Applied June 2018
Selected regions July 2018
Confirmation of selection August 2018
Post secondary proof approved October 2018
Interview ???

sunnysun
Rookie Member

Postby sunnysun » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:26 pm

mike_lebel wrote:Still no OTEE results?

Nope we are still waiting to hear anything from their side.
Guys is the september batch was the first batch to give otee or no bcoz one of my friend said he gave otee in aug and got no results is that true?????

Bobobobo
Rookie Member

Postby Bobobobo » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:38 pm

LOL- Thank you to all who replied to my comment about being 35 and feeling old...lots of encouragement and I'm thankful!

Since the last selection process closed, I've applied to the latest one and received an invite today to write the OTEE , looking forward to it for sure! The last time I wrote an exam for CBSA was in 2015 I think, so excited and a little nervous to see what has changed since the WCPT one :D

Here's to starting this whole process all over again, hoping that this time I don't get injured while training for the PARE and can pass it before completing the online portion and being invited to Rigaud :boxer:

Bobo :alright:
Online OITP 8A: May 2016 (No Rigaud, Injured)
Starting over new selection process
Applied: Sept 2018
OTEE: Oct 2018 Passed 85%
Info Pkg: Nov 2018
Interview: TBD
Psych Eval: TBD
CAT III: TBD
Security Interview: TBD
PARE: TBD
Online OITP: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

bellyanon
Rookie Member

Postby bellyanon » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:42 pm

Got the OTEE email as well!
My question is, I dont have the cfsc/crfsc license yet, should I take a course asap? Will this hinder or disqualify me on the process if they ask for it and I dont have it yet?

royalwithcheese
Rookie Member

Postby royalwithcheese » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:23 pm

bellyanon wrote:Got the OTEE email as well!
My question is, I dont have the cfsc/crfsc license yet, should I take a course asap? Will this hinder or disqualify me on the process if they ask for it and I dont have it yet?

You must complete and pass the CFSC and CRFSC before you begin training. If you live anywhere near London Ontario, Rueger Firearm Safety is an excellent instructor.

Field
Rookie Member

Postby Field » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:42 pm

First time applicant for the the September intake. Got the invite today via email. Anyone familiar with this process know if everyone who applies get an invite or have we already been screened to a certain degree.

mike_lebel
Rookie Member

Postby mike_lebel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:08 pm

sunnysun wrote:

Guys is the september batch was the first batch to give otee or no bcoz one of my friend said he gave otee in aug and got no results is that true?????

Im not sure I understood your message, but Im pretty sure that the first ones who did the OTEE were in mid-september. Therefore, hopefully, they should get their results pretty soon.

sunnysun
Rookie Member

Postby sunnysun » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:20 am

mike_lebel wrote:
sunnysun wrote:

Im not sure I understood your message, but Im pretty sure that the first ones who did the OTEE were in mid-september. Therefore, hopefully, they should get their results pretty soon.

Hi Mike how you doing buddy,
I was asking everybody on this forum in my previous post that September batch was the first batch who gave OTEE or was it from August because I met a person in my PARE exam and he said he gave OTEE in August 2018 and still he didnt got his results.
So I am confused now because I thought OTEE starts in September.

Thanks guys for replying.

mike_lebel
Rookie Member

Postby mike_lebel » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:46 am

Hi Mike how you doing buddy,
I was asking everybody on this forum in my previous post that September batch was the first batch who gave OTEE or was it from August because I met a person in my PARE exam and he said he gave OTEE in August 2018 and still he didnt got his results.
So I am confused now because I thought OTEE starts in September.

Thanks guys for replying.[/quote]

Thanks for your answer,
Oh well, might be the case then. I looked up previous posts in this forum, and it seemed like September was the first OTEE exams. However, I might be on the wrong track. Also, Im pretty sure it takes at least a month to get the OTEE results.