GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Samuelgm
Rookie Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Samuelgm » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:41 pm

Hopeful-1 wrote:
Samuelgm wrote:I'm at the point where I miss the old running days. I would get invited to a test or interview every week or 2 weeks, sometimes, 2 things in the same week.
Then I finally got my invitation to the online OITP to get into "a pool of eligible candidates for 8A". Then, nothing, done with OITP, no further invites for 8A,
emailed national recruitment about it 5 days ago, no answers. People from 8B are all getting invited for the OITP and I'm here, waiting in my pool of eligible candidates for 8A wondering
if I'll get on 8B, or maybe the next intake which according to people won't be until 2017. Or maybe they just forgot about me. I'm guessing 8A is complete now and I just
didn't make the cut, or they'll invite me 1 week prior to it. Which I wouldn't mind to be honest. I'd do with it. Really, the worst part about this process is not knowing. The waiting game,
I don't care. I just hate to knowing, even though I'm technically "in". Wish I would have gotten a firm invite to 8B instead. Ah well. Wondering if anyone here is sitting in the same spot I am right now.

That's a really sucky feeling. Sorry I cant help you out there because I pulled myself out of 8B so I don't have any more info on 8B. I may be mistaken but I believe there have been a few people on this forum who have fallen through the cracks. Id keep trying to contact them. That being said, do you have all the occupational requirements complete? (I.E.- PARE, Security Clearances, up to date medical?) If not maybe that's the hold up. Look at the expirery dates on your requirements. I'd like think they'd contact you if something was running out but you never know.

All of my requirements are good and, they were when I received my invitation for the 8A OITP. I also have a priority due to the fact that I used to be in the military. I'm pretty sure it doesn't apply when you're that far in the process though. Probably was when they sent invitations for all those tests and interviews.

Hopeful-1
Rookie Member

Postby Hopeful-1 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:57 pm

Well my friend, I don't know what else to say. Hopefully you hear something soon. 8B OITP online packages were supposed to be sent out yesterday according to my invitation. Check your junk mail and cross your fingers. Good luck.
Rigaud - Aug 2017 - withdrawl injured during CDT

sonic980
Rookie Member

Postby sonic980 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Anyone in 8A get contacted by Rigaud regarding their flight yet? Just wondering when they plan on flying us in.
Applied: Nov 2015
WCPT/GCT2 17 Nov 2015
Interview: 8 Jan 2016
Psych : 2 Feb 2016
PARE: 6 Feb 2016
Medical: 15 Feb 2016
Security:15 Mar 2016
OITP 8A Online: 30 May 2016
Rigaud: 18 July 2016

yesmario
Rookie Member

Postby yesmario » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:11 pm

sonic980 wrote:Anyone in 8A get contacted by Rigaud regarding their flight yet? Just wondering when they plan on flying us in.

Nothing yet!
QC - MTL (2015 postulant)
Written -Passed, Aug 19
Interview - Passed, Oct 29
PARE - Passed, Oct 29
Psych - Passed, Dec 07
Security Interview, Nov 12
Med Cat III - Passed, Nov 23
ELS - Passed, Dec 03
Online - May 30, 2016
Rigaud - July 18, 2016

dmifflin
Rookie Member

Postby dmifflin » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:23 am

Been over a month since the tests, which I did really well on, and still no interview date. I feel like the introduction of the new process may have slowed things down...

sierraechomike
Rookie Member

Postby sierraechomike » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:36 am

Last edited by sierraechomike on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samuelgm
Rookie Member

Postby Samuelgm » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:01 pm

sierraechomike wrote:
dmifflin wrote:Been over a month since the tests, which I did really well on, and still no interview date. I feel like the introduction of the new process may have slowed things down...

I know that feel, bro.

I wrote on Feb 26; results on March 15. I got 80/90 on the GCT2, and 43/50 on WCPT, and 3:20 on the PARE (which I booked on my own to show some initiative.)

I email recruiting every 4 weeks to check in, and their reply is always: "we have many applicants at the same stage and you are waiting to be scheduled for an interview."

It is beyond frustrating. :banghead: :banghead:

At least you get an answer from them... 2 emails sent to them, 1 in french 1 in english and still no answer. Been over a week.

Vitulla
Rookie Member

Postby Vitulla » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:05 pm

Expect to see things pick up after labour day. Vacations have started, 8a and 8b are in the process of getting to Rigaud. Resources are elsewhere then recruiting. I had my panel interview, medical, security documents, SLE, and pysch exams all done within 3 weeks, so your time will come and it happens very quickly. Patience is something CBSA is looking for and its tested well in this process hahaha

Ehrmantraut
Rookie Member

Postby Ehrmantraut » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:03 pm

Finished online training successfully for 8A, but messed up my knee with gun retention training at my current job and couldn't complete my PARE today. What a bummer :( Hopefully I'll be in again for intake 9. Good luck everyone heading out to Rigaud this summer!
CBSA Applicant
Written - Passed
Panel Interview - Passed
Psych - Passed
Security Interview - Reliability (Passed) Secret (Pending)
Med Cat III - Passed
PARE - June 28, 2016
OITP Stage 1 - May 30, 2016
OITP Stage 2 - July 18, 2016

Hopeful-1
Rookie Member

Postby Hopeful-1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:31 pm

Ehrmantraut wrote:Finished online training successfully for 8A, but messed up my knee with gun retention training at my current job and couldn't complete my PARE today. What a bummer :( Hopefully I'll be in again for intake 9. Good luck everyone heading out to Rigaud this summer!

Oh bummer. I'm in the same boat. I was supposed to be doing 8B online as I write this but instead I'm awaiting surgery and hoping for the next intake, whenever it may be. Little bits of info lead me to believe it will be online Dec and Rigaud in Jan. Although I think that may be pretty optimistic. Speedy recovery to you.
Rigaud - Aug 2017 - withdrawl injured during CDT

Dancer
Rookie Member

Postby Dancer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:35 am

Does anyone know if the GCT and WCPT scores actually matter anywhere along the process? Or as long as you pass you are good?
The reason I am asking is that today I received the invitation to write the tests, but I passed them the last time I applied. One of the scores is a pass but it is juuuuust over the passing mark, so now my dilemma is should I attempt the test again and try to score higher or should I just leave it as it is and not risk not passing at all..
CBSA
Application: January 08 2014
GCT2/WCPT: February 26 2014 - passed
Interview: April 07 2014 - failed
Re-applied: April 20 2016

sonic980
Rookie Member

Postby sonic980 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:27 am

Dancer wrote:Does anyone know if the GCT and WCPT scores actually matter anywhere along the process? Or as long as you pass you are good?
The reason I am asking is that today I received the invitation to write the tests, but I passed them the last time I applied. One of the scores is a pass but it is juuuuust over the passing mark, so now my dilemma is should I attempt the test again and try to score higher or should I just leave it as it is and not risk not passing at all..

Just submit your previous test scores... pass is a pass
Applied: Nov 2015
WCPT/GCT2 17 Nov 2015
Interview: 8 Jan 2016
Psych : 2 Feb 2016
PARE: 6 Feb 2016
Medical: 15 Feb 2016
Security:15 Mar 2016
OITP 8A Online: 30 May 2016
Rigaud: 18 July 2016

Rialto
Rookie Member

Postby Rialto » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:37 am

I just wanted to say, this whole applying for cbsa thing has been so difficult. RCMP has it lined out for you so you know how it works. Anyways...

I sent an email back in February asking if I could do rewrites and when the next round of tests would be. Three times. I received three pre-written emails saying the exact same thing... That I was in a pool of applicants and that I had to wait the time period of 140 days or whatever it was. Even tho it had been well over that. Which wasn't overly helpful.

I received an invite to write my tests again. I didn't do the best on the English one (which is funny, cause I've spoken English my whole life).

Fingers crossed I do better this time!
RCMP
SP 2012 closed my file
Reinstated: May 23/16
SP: Aug.15
RMAI: Aug. 23
PEP: Oct 11
BGI: Feb 28
Med: Mar 28
Psy: May 2
DEPOT: July - October. (Sent home due to a knee injury)

thearrow
Rookie Member

Postby thearrow » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:10 am

Dancer wrote:Does anyone know if the GCT and WCPT scores actually matter anywhere along the process? Or as long as you pass you are good?

It does say in the recruitment information that "A top-down selection process and/or the application of asset qualifications could be used to invite candidates for interviews" so yes getting better results in the tests could be to your advantage.

Bobobobo
Rookie Member

Postby Bobobobo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:17 am

Hopeful-1 wrote:
Ehrmantraut wrote:Finished online training successfully for 8A, but messed up my knee with gun retention training at my current job and couldn't complete my PARE today. What a bummer :( Hopefully I'll be in again for intake 9. Good luck everyone heading out to Rigaud this summer!

Oh bummer. I'm in the same boat. I was supposed to be doing 8B online as I write this but instead I'm awaiting surgery and hoping for the next intake, whenever it may be. Little bits of info lead me to believe it will be online Dec and Rigaud in Jan. Although I think that may be pretty optimistic. Speedy recovery to you.

I'll most likely see you two in intake 9 as well. I finished online 8A as well, but my right calf injury from a few months back affected my time and I didn't quite make the PARE time. :( Here's hoping that more physio will fix it quick in time for the next intake.

Bobo
Online OITP 8A: May 2016 (No Rigaud, Injured)
Starting over new selection process
Applied: Sept 2018
OTEE: Oct 2018 Passed 85%
Info Pkg: Nov 2018
Interview: TBD
Psych Eval: TBD
CAT III: TBD
Security Interview: TBD
PARE: TBD
Online OITP: TBD
Rigaud: TBD