GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Samuelgm
Rookie Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Samuelgm » Thu May 26, 2016 12:16 pm

28, I'll turn 29 this summer.

mtlapplicant514
Rookie Member

Postby mtlapplicant514 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:24 pm

8b 33 years.old

Fernandy1991
Rookie Member

Postby Fernandy1991 » Thu May 26, 2016 4:27 pm

Have people already gotten 8b invites or do those get sent out tomorrow?
Applied: 11/2014
GCT2/WCPT: 06/02/2015
Interview: 10/28/2015
Security Clearance: 10/30/2015
Medical: 11/17/2015
Security Interview: 11/25/2015
MMPI-2/16PF: 12/03/2015
Psych Interview: 12/16/2015
PARE: 12/20/2015
OITP Online:
Rigaud:

mtlapplicant514
Rookie Member

Postby mtlapplicant514 » Thu May 26, 2016 5:07 pm

Fernandy1991 wrote:Have people already gotten 8b invites or do those get sent out tomorrow?

I got mine but I'm pretty sure it's simply because I got bumped from 8a to 8b...

yesmario
Rookie Member

Postby yesmario » Thu May 26, 2016 5:20 pm

This was a message back from intake 7A!
harrydun wrote:
Joeying wrote::mrgreen: :thumbsup:

Finally got the email, first assignment's due sunday night.... :((

I just looked into it.. have you? Might want to start soon.. the auto-bio has to be 4-6 pages!

Guess the first assignment is an auto-bio and it's actually due before the first day of online training ! Hope you guys have some free time this weekend!
QC - MTL (2015 postulant)
Written -Passed, Aug 19
Interview - Passed, Oct 29
PARE - Passed, Oct 29
Psych - Passed, Dec 07
Security Interview, Nov 12
Med Cat III - Passed, Nov 23
ELS - Passed, Dec 03
Online - May 30, 2016
Rigaud - July 18, 2016

rjwlewy
Rookie Member

Postby rjwlewy » Thu May 26, 2016 5:32 pm

New to the forums. From the Niagara region. Just got my email today for results from the GCT AND WCT testing. Pass. Next step is interview I assume?
Ontario Correctional Officer CO2

sierraechomike
Rookie Member

Postby sierraechomike » Thu May 26, 2016 5:56 pm

Last edited by sierraechomike on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmifflin
Rookie Member

Postby dmifflin » Thu May 26, 2016 6:18 pm

Anyone here write the tests in Toronto on May 19th? I finished early and left (in hindsight probably a terrible idea lol) so I didn't hear what they told everyone at the end. Did they say how long we would be waiting for results / the interview? (I'm assuming 2+weeks).

PAL
Rookie Member

Postby PAL » Thu May 26, 2016 7:17 pm

dmifflin wrote:Anyone here write the tests in Toronto on May 19th? I finished early and left (in hindsight probably a terrible idea lol) so I didn't hear what they told everyone at the end. Did they say how long we would be waiting for results / the interview? (I'm assuming 2+weeks).

There's no need to stay until the end. You shouldn't expect anything anytime soon. It could be between a month or it could be 6 months. Just keep checking your email
Written -Passed
Interview - Passed
PARE - Passed
Psych - Passed
Security Interview- Passed
Med Cat III - Passed
Online - Pending
Rigaud - Pending

Ehrmantraut
Rookie Member

Postby Ehrmantraut » Fri May 27, 2016 12:28 am

I'm a little bit worried that my PARE date won't be soon enough to keep me in 8A intake. Usually the recruitment email has answered my requests within a couple days to a week of my asking. I only sent the email inquiring about the PARE date at the beginning of this week (Tuesday) so I'm not surprised at all that I haven't received an answer yet. However, I'm worried it will be an answer I don't want to hear. I also inquired about possible other classes in intake 8, asking if there might be a C intake, etc.
I hope to hear from them soon, and I hope it's a positive answer!
I also hope to hear about my secret clearance soon...its been 6 months and I haven't received my clearance yet, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.
Ah well, I'll iust keep living my life and playing the waiting game like I have for the last year or so :)
CBSA Applicant
Written - Passed
Panel Interview - Passed
Psych - Passed
Security Interview - Reliability (Passed) Secret (Pending)
Med Cat III - Passed
PARE - June 28, 2016
OITP Stage 1 - May 30, 2016
OITP Stage 2 - July 18, 2016

Ehrmantraut
Rookie Member

Postby Ehrmantraut » Fri May 27, 2016 12:35 am

dmifflin wrote:Anyone here write the tests in Toronto on May 19th? I finished early and left (in hindsight probably a terrible idea lol) so I didn't hear what they told everyone at the end. Did they say how long we would be waiting for results / the interview? (I'm assuming 2+weeks).

I finished super early on both my exams and was the first one to leave the room/building after the second exam. It doesn't matter when you go, they don't give you any extra information you need about the process. I wrote the exams last spring and have never received results by mail or by email that I have passed. The next email I got was sending me my interview invite weeks later. They say to expect 6 weeks for your written test results but I would expect to wait a little longer. Like 2 - 3 months-ish. Then you won't be worrying about why you're not hearing back.
CBSA Applicant
Written - Passed
Panel Interview - Passed
Psych - Passed
Med Cat III - Passed
PARE - June 28, 2016

GoogleBot
Rookie Member

Postby GoogleBot » Fri May 27, 2016 6:13 am

Ehrmantraut wrote:I'm a little bit worried that my PARE date won't be soon enough to keep me in 8A intake. Usually the recruitment email has answered my requests within a couple days to a week of my asking. I only sent the email inquiring about the PARE date at the beginning of this week (Tuesday) so I'm not surprised at all that I haven't received an answer yet. However, I'm worried it will be an answer I don't want to hear. I also inquired about possible other classes in intake 8, asking if there might be a C intake, etc.
I also hope to hear about my secret clearance soon...its been 6 months and I haven't received my clearance yet, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.
Ah well, I'll iust keep living my life and playing the waiting game like I have for the last year or so :)

Why did you wait so long to do your pare? I'm always amazed how many people on here dont get it til the last minute as its a basic requirement liste dright from the start. Its $85 and an hour of your time on a saturday morning. It seems so strange not to have it and to risk blowing your chance.

Vitulla
Rookie Member

Postby Vitulla » Fri May 27, 2016 6:40 am

GoogleBot wrote:
Ehrmantraut wrote:I'm a little bit worried that my PARE date won't be soon enough to keep me in 8A intake. Usually the recruitment email has answered my requests within a couple days to a week of my asking. I only sent the email inquiring about the PARE date at the beginning of this week (Tuesday) so I'm not surprised at all that I haven't received an answer yet. However, I'm worried it will be an answer I don't want to hear. I also inquired about possible other classes in intake 8, asking if there might be a C intake, etc.

Why did you wait so long to do your pare? I'm always amazed how many people on here dont get it til the last minute as its a basic requirement liste dright from the start. Its $85 and an hour of your time on a saturday morning. It seems so strange not to have it and to risk blowing your chance.

People fail often, here in Montreal it's during the week so you have to miss a day of work and a lot of people had to redo their Pare even though they were successful as it expires after 1 year. Given that if I would of gotten an invite and my pare was expired or not done I would of gotten it done ASAP anywhere within driving distance...mine was done around the time of my medical. so if I don't get into 8b it would be still valid for the 9 intake.

Ehrmantraut
Rookie Member

Postby Ehrmantraut » Fri May 27, 2016 9:07 am

GoogleBot wrote:

Not that it's any of your business why mine hasn't been completed yet BUT
After I had my son I needed to take a few months to recuperate and start working out again, as I was on bed rest for so long that I really hadn't worked out in at least 6 months or more. I did attempt the PARE but was injured in the process and was not allowed to continue because my knee looked like the size of a melon a few mins after I injured it. So after I dealt with that injury and got medical clearance I was allowed to book it again.
You may not have a ton going on in your life but people do have underlying circumstances for doing the things that they do, there's no need to be so quick to judge ;)
And yes, as the other person stated, where I am from the PARE is only available on a Tuesday (booked off from work) twice a month, not available in the summer time, and I have to drive 1.5 hrs to get there. So it's a little more than "an hour of your time on a Saturday morning".
CBSA Applicant
Written - Passed
Panel Interview - Passed
Psych - Passed
Med Cat III - Passed
PARE - June 28, 2016

ueihtampane
Rookie Member

Postby ueihtampane » Fri May 27, 2016 10:17 am

8B confirmed this morning by email! Who else?

Male, 31 from MTL area, french class

Question for BSO or someone with experience : If we pass the OITP/Rigaud successfully, are we sure to get a posting right after? or not sure or later?

Thanks,

----------------------------------
SLE (03/2012)
Application (10/2015)
GCT2/WCPT (11/2015)
Interview (02/2016)
Medical (02/2016)
PARE (02/2016)
Psych (03/2016)
Security (04/2016)
Online (06/2016)
Rigaud (08/2016)