GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Galadriel0718
Rookie Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Galadriel0718 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:26 am

LEOchick wrote:
Galadriel0718 wrote:See all of you 7C-ers at Rigaud!!!
:wave: :alright:

See ya!! Where are you from?:)

GTA
Former SBSO turned full-time BSO. I've been through it all and happy to share my experiences with others looking to get into CSBA as a temporary or full-time career.

LEOchick
Rookie Member

Postby LEOchick » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:32 am

Galadriel0718 wrote:
LEOchick wrote:
Galadriel0718 wrote:See all of you 7C-ers at Rigaud!!!
:wave: :alright:

See ya!! Where are you from?:)

GTA

same here!:)

Hopeful-1
Rookie Member

Postby Hopeful-1 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:35 pm

Ramblinon28 wrote:Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone has ANY info on when the next intake will be..?
Here is my Time line (Southern Ontario Applicant.

Same question as Ramblininon28? Any summer/fall intakes? My security interview isn't until Feb 19th. I can't see making the Feb 22nd intake.
Thanks.
Rigaud - Aug 2017 - withdrawl injured during CDT

seekerbeta
Rookie Member

Postby seekerbeta » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:07 pm

the unfortunate part guys is that no one except those inside the company know. anything you would get from us would be rumors. what we do know is that 7C is not the last intake this year, more than likely (But please dont quote me on this) is that there is 1 of 3 possible options going to happen (that i know of)

1. the Next Intake will be April 22 (consistent in line with the Jan,Feb, and March Intake)
2. the next Intake will be May 22 (this would be consistent with the information on capacity at CBSA College in Rigaud)
3. the next intake will be the end of the year (exact date unknown)

the way I see it, April looks to be the most likely, but that goes off of what they have done already, and it also goes off the information released to the public talking about how the CBSA barely has the manpower to screen incoming travelers, especially with the Prime Ministers required intake of Syrian Refugees.
CBSA OITP Graduate 7C - July 21 2016

Vitulla
Rookie Member

Postby Vitulla » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:12 pm

Hope your right. I see most your timelines go really quickly after the panel interview. So with a panel interview in the next ~10 days for me, I should be ready to go next intake, mid-year. Crossing my fingers

NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member

Postby NinjaNikki » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:43 pm

seekerbeta wrote:the unfortunate part guys is that no one except those inside the company know. anything you would get from us would be rumors. what we do know is that 7C is not the last intake this year, more than likely (But please dont quote me on this) is that there is 1 of 3 possible options going to happen (that i know of)

1. the Next Intake will be April 22 (consistent in line with the Jan,Feb, and March Intake)
2. the next Intake will be May 22 (this would be consistent with the information on capacity at CBSA College in Rigaud)
3. the next intake will be the end of the year (exact date unknown)

the way I see it, April looks to be the most likely, but that goes off of what they have done already, and it also goes off the information released to the public talking about how the CBSA barely has the manpower to screen incoming travelers, especially with the Prime Ministers required intake of Syrian Refugees.

My guess would be the next intakes would be in June. The elusive March 2016 Arming date is approaching and I can see them focusing on getting all those people that are Terms and conditions for arming done or at least in classes (so they can say they hit their target).

aaa
Rookie Member

Re: Credit

Postby aaa » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:29 pm

thearrow wrote:Does anyone know if having bad credit affects any part of the process? I have no debts but a prior credit proposal. Working on rebuilding credit but right now its pretty poor. Should I be concerned? Do they check this?

Hell yes!

In case no one bothered answering your question! ;)
Border Services Officer

JDube
Rookie Member

Postby JDube » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:52 pm

aaa wrote:
thearrow wrote:Does anyone know if having bad credit affects any part of the process? I have no debts but a prior credit proposal. Working on rebuilding credit but right now its pretty poor. Should I be concerned? Do they check this?

Hell yes!

Hell yes as in they will ask about it or Hell yes as in they will drop you no questions asked?
Quebec CBSA applicant timeline
Applied: Jan 16th 2019
OTEE: Feb 21-25th 2019 - Results March, Pass
Interview: May 27th 2019 - Results June Pass
Psych eval: September 2019 - Pass
Security papers - Sent November 2019
Integrity interview - March 2020

Ramblinon28
Rookie Member

Postby Ramblinon28 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:12 pm

JDube wrote:
aaa wrote:

Hell yes!

Hell yes as in they will ask about it or Hell yes as in they will drop you no questions asked?

Yeah like how bad we talkin here? Like 500s your tossed?

Hopeful-1
Rookie Member

Postby Hopeful-1 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:59 am

Would bad credit be classified in the same category as debt? I have a house, truck, line of credit, bills etc... Normal stuff. But now I'm concerned? Hopefully this has been checked early. I'm almost done and it would be a crushing blow to be disqualified on credit while passing every other stage.

JDube
Rookie Member

Postby JDube » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:07 am

The credit check is part of the security clearance/interview.
Quebec CBSA applicant timeline
Applied: Jan 16th 2019
OTEE: Feb 21-25th 2019 - Results March, Pass
Interview: May 27th 2019 - Results June Pass
Psych eval: September 2019 - Pass
Security papers - Sent November 2019
Integrity interview - March 2020

aaa
Rookie Member

Postby aaa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:52 am

The credit check is part of your final security clearance. The amount of debt is not necessarily frowned upon, but your payment history, timeliness of debt repayment, and any delinquencies are definitely looked at as it displays repsonsibility.

Looking back at my own hiring process, the credit check (hit on on my equifax) was one of the last steps before getting the invite to rigaud.

Best...
Border Services Officer

Jonny Utah
Sage Member

Postby Jonny Utah » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:19 pm

Not only that but these days they are looking to make sure you are a low risk of being corrupted. The amount of drugs, guns, cash and valuables that you could encounter in your time is enormous. If, just as an example you are losing your house because you have 600 000 in gambling debt, you are seen as far more likely to possibly give in to temptation.

J.

Vitulla
Rookie Member

Postby Vitulla » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:31 pm

Jumping the gun a little, but can anyone shed some light on what documents they require at the security interview. Just want to get stuff ready and not rush around looking for things a few days before.

Hopeful-1
Rookie Member

Postby Hopeful-1 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Vitulla wrote:Jumping the gun a little, but can anyone shed some light on what documents they require at the security interview. Just want to get stuff ready and not rush around looking for things a few days before.

I have only been asked to bring 2 pieces of government issued ID, one with a picture. I can't speak for anyone else.