GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
JDube
Rookie Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JDube » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:07 pm

From the CBSA website:

"You must demonstrate:

Successful completion of a secondary school education;
Possession of a valid driver's license;
Successful completion of the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) and pass the tests. Please visit the Canadian Firearms Program for more information."

You need to bring originals and copies. I say again. ORIGINALS as well as copies.

On a related note. If I have lost my CRFSC completion paper, will my valid RPAL be proof enough? Is it easy for them to verify that I had my RPAL before applying? (Had a RPAL since 2008 or 2009)
Quebec CBSA applicant timeline
Applied: Jan 16th 2019
OTEE: Feb 21-25th 2019 - Results March, Pass
Interview: May 27th 2019 - Results June Pass
Psych eval: September 2019 - Pass
Security papers - Sent November 2019
Integrity interview - March 2020

NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member

Postby NinjaNikki » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:38 am

JDube wrote:From the CBSA website:

"You must demonstrate:

Successful completion of a secondary school education;
Possession of a valid driver's license;
Successful completion of the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) and pass the tests. Please visit the Canadian Firearms Program for more information."

You need to bring originals and copies. I say again. ORIGINALS as well as copies.

On a related note. If I have lost my CRFSC completion paper, will my valid RPAL be proof enough? Is it easy for them to verify that I had my RPAL before applying? (Had a RPAL since 2008 or 2009)

Yes, however you can call the CFO or the place you did your CRFSC and get a copy of our original paperwork to keep in your records.

JDube
Rookie Member

Postby JDube » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:20 am

Thank you!

seekerbeta
Rookie Member

Postby seekerbeta » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:59 pm

JDube wrote:Thank you!

I just took my RPAL with me, that was all I needed to prove that I have completed a CFRFC
CBSA OITP Graduate 7C - July 21 2016

JDube
Rookie Member

Postby JDube » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:26 pm

Just received my interview invite. February 16th!

Sulli
Rookie Member

Postby Sulli » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:15 pm

Where are you from?

Rob

JDube wrote:Just received my interview invite. February 16th!

JDube
Rookie Member

Postby JDube » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:28 pm

It's written in my signature...

LEOchick
Rookie Member

Postby LEOchick » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:22 am

Hi Guys,

Im wondering how long did it take you to get your security clearance. Also, did you get an email stating you received your clearance or how did CBSA informed you. Its been a while since my security interview and none of my references were contacted. Im just wondering how did it work for you. Any input is welcome. Thanks!

Fernandy1991
Rookie Member

Postby Fernandy1991 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:33 am

LEOchick wrote:Hi Guys,

Im wondering how long did it take you to get your security clearance. Also, did you get an email stating you received your clearance or how did CBSA informed you. Its been a while since my security interview and none of my references were contacted. Im just wondering how did it work for you. Any input is welcome. Thanks!

My security interview was back in late October and I have not heard anything yet. The guy told me that we will onl hear back from them if its negative, so I guess no news is good news?

Also my references have not been contacted yet.
Applied: 11/2014
GCT2/WCPT: 06/02/2015
Interview: 10/28/2015
Security Clearance: 10/30/2015
Medical: 11/17/2015
Security Interview: 11/25/2015
MMPI-2/16PF: 12/03/2015
Psych Interview: 12/16/2015
PARE: 12/20/2015
OITP Online:
Rigaud:

Slivenn20
Rookie Member

Postby Slivenn20 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:55 pm

Hey! I am invited for the 7C intake and i never got any email or confirmation that my security clearance was done. I just know it is because it says it on the invite email that its PASSED.

Hope this help
Applied: 19/12/14
GCT 2/WCPT: 13/01/15 – Passed
Interview: 14/07/15 – Passed
PARE: 05/08/15 – Passed
MMPI-2/16PF: 25/08/15 - Passed
Sec. Clearance: 22/07/15 - Passed
Psych Interview: 25/08/15 – Passed
Medical: 21/07/15 - Passed
OITP 7C: 21/03/16 -

seekerbeta
Rookie Member

Postby seekerbeta » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:11 pm

Slivenn20 wrote:

Hey! I am invited for the 7C intake and i never got any email or confirmation that my security clearance was done. I just know it is because it says it on the invite email that its PASSED.

Hope this help

I'm in 7C Intake and my confirmation email says that the Reliability will be done by March 14 and the Secret Security Clearance will be done by July 21

I still dont know why people who have finished it all are behind me in the process. but Im counting myself lucky that I get the chance

Jonny Utah
Sage Member

Postby Jonny Utah » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:23 pm

The Secret clearance time can vary greatly person to person. The amount of information you will be privy too and the access you will have to a variety of government systems make it absolutely necessary that they get it right and there are no surprises.

seekerbeta
Rookie Member

Postby seekerbeta » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:56 pm

Jonny Utah wrote:The Secret clearance time can vary greatly person to person. The amount of information you will be privy too and the access you will have to a variety of government systems make it absolutely necessary that they get it right and there are no surprises.

its funny. my wife passed hers for the RCMP in less than a week!

Curtstanley
Rookie Member

Postby Curtstanley » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:43 pm

seekerbeta wrote:
Slivenn20 wrote:

Hope this help

I'm in 7C Intake and my confirmation email says that the Reliability will be done by March 14 and the Secret Security Clearance will be done by July 21

I still dont know why people who have finished it all are behind me in the process. but Im counting myself lucky that I get the chance

What do you mean when you say the Reliability? I'm finished psychology exam, medical exam, and everything else but I have not done any security interview nor have I heard anything about my clearance. I am curious about the security interview because I see on some peoples timelines they did it much earlier than anything else. Thank you.

seekerbeta
Rookie Member

Postby seekerbeta » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:03 pm

Curtstanley wrote:
What do you mean when you say the Reliability? I'm finished psychology exam, medical exam, and everything else but I have not done any security interview nor have I heard anything about my clearance. I am curious about the security interview because I see on some peoples timelines they did it much earlier than anything else. Thank you.

There are 2 Different Interviews

1. what we refer to as the panel interview, this happens usually right after the written
2. is the Security Interview, some people get this one, some dont, there is no real parameter or rule that i can see that they follow, but i never recieved a call or email to attend one, and i dont think i will.. but anything is possible.