GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

IrishCanadian
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby IrishCanadian » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:39 pm

Now you can talk all you want about how long you have been waiting, how bad you want x posting, etc here.

PM sent requesting sticky.
Last edited by IrishCanadian on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Remeber kids, the more you shoots the puck, the more comes the goals." - Alexei Kovalev

Pacific_BSO
Veteran Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Pacific_BSO » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:03 pm

Soooo pretty much the same thing as the Ask the CBSA thread?
**CBSA Officer**

Drache
Rookie Member

Postby Drache » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:34 pm

Pacific_BSO wrote:Soooo pretty much the same thing as the Ask the CBSA thread?
To help keep that thread clean! :mrgreen:

Applied in April and by the last week of April I was supposed to write a test. The test was canceled 30 minutes before starting because Air Canada "misplaced" the testing booklets. By the first week of May I'd written the test and found out my results about a week later. Was told there would be interviews in my area and that they would let me know when.

Yesterday I contacted the CBSA to check on when the interviews might be and was told that there weren't enough people for interviews in my area and that if I wanted an interview I'd have to travel the 9 hours to Vancouver. Good thing I contacted them.

So I wrote back giving them dates of every day I have off until the end of August and asked if it was possible to get my interview on one of my days off. Just awaiting a reply. I'm about a quarter of the way through my savings account paying for gas, hotel rooms, and food doing all the running around. I've got an appointment for a first aid course as well which is taking some of the savings as well. I'm hoping to have enough for the trip(s) to Vancouver and if I pass, the trip to Rigaud. Don't get my wrong I've already told myself that whatever the cost I would follow this through, it still sucks though to watch your savings disappear! :mrgreen:

I'm hoping also that the interview and psych test is on the same day to save me having to make two trips to Vancouver. Can anyone here for certain say where the interviews take place? I was told YVR as a guess.

nyte ryder

Postby nyte ryder » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:00 pm

The interview and the psych test will not be on the same day. Sometimes, they are even months apart. You need to pass the interview first (and have some time elapse) before undergoing the psych test.

DREAMJOB
Rookie Member

Postby DREAMJOB » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:28 pm

:D
Last edited by DREAMJOB on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Columbo
King Poobah

Postby Columbo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:42 pm

Edit: chit chat rocks. :D
Last edited by Columbo on Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One more thing..."

IrishCanadian
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby IrishCanadian » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:21 am

Pacific_BSO wrote:Soooo pretty much the same thing as the Ask the CBSA thread?
Well at first blush.. yes it would seem rhetorical questions have made a successful migration.

And you see some of the redundant "im waiting , how bout you" posts that needed a new thread like this, as they arent asking CBSA anything useful.
"Remeber kids, the more you shoots the puck, the more comes the goals." - Alexei Kovalev

three-six
Sage Member

Postby three-six » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:47 am

edit
Last edited by three-six on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--

Drache
Rookie Member

Postby Drache » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:34 am

nyte ryder wrote:The interview and the psych test will not be on the same day. Sometimes, they are even months apart. You need to pass the interview first (and have some time elapse) before undergoing the psych test.
Thanks for that update! Now it will be two trips down to Vancouver.... :cry:

DREAMJOB
Rookie Member

Postby DREAMJOB » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:02 pm

:pistols:
Last edited by DREAMJOB on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drache
Rookie Member

Postby Drache » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Ok got word today, my interview is on June 29th at 1pm! I'll most likely just fly down that morning and fly home that night. If I drive down the day before and spend a night in a hotel the cost will work out about the same ($300). So what is there to do in YVR for about 8 hours? :mrgreen:

three-six
Sage Member

Postby three-six » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:11 pm

DREAMJOB wrote:Wow...I cant believe you all are so angry at me for using caplocks and saying I have been waiting long for my test results...I am just a bit shocked as many people that wrote after me already got there results...
I hate to say this but some of you need to check your anger issues..if something like this gets you that angry...sorry I even posted...good luck being a BSO with such a poor attitude
I'm not a BSO, nor do I plan to. I was being sarcastic.
--

Columbo
King Poobah

Postby Columbo » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:38 pm

And I was being facetious.
"One more thing..."

Drache
Rookie Member

Postby Drache » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:28 pm

Damn airlines! Ticket price was only supposed to be $250 plus taxes... I forgot about all the other hidden fees so it turned into $319 plus taxes instead! :cuss:

But anyways my interview is set, bought my plane ticket, and now I just wait. I'll get to spend 8-9 hours in YVR for a 1 hour interview! :mrgreen:

VoodooSS

Postby VoodooSS » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:53 pm

edit: sorry im stupid, ill send you a PM instead.

on a sidenote my interview is monday. im lucky enough to work a night shift directly before my interview, in the same building LOL
Last edited by VoodooSS on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for everyones help! See you at the ports.