MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

User avatar
Rareform
Grand Poobah
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:50 pm

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby Rareform » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:31 am

Most CVE agencies don't equip their officers with firearms. The only ones that are armed is Saskatchewan and New Brunswick.

Still waiting on Alberta to catch up since they were almost first... seems they're stumbling at the finish line.
Special Constable
“Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.”

Fonthill
Grand Poobah
Posts: 676
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby Fonthill » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:01 am

Rareform wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:31 am
Most CVE agencies don't equip their officers with firearms. The only ones that are armed is Saskatchewan and New Brunswick.

Still waiting on Alberta to catch up since they were almost first... seems they're stumbling at the finish line.
Which I don’t understand why ?

I was trying to get a MTO on here to explain how they think pulling over a vehicle/truck with trailer is a safe job being UNARMED

I could see back in the days while the average person respected law enforcement. Now, you have the bad guy assaulting law enforcement on a record breaking pace
Correctional Officer, CO2

redbond1
Rookie Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:21 pm

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby redbond1 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:34 pm

Pretty quiet in here lately, have any of the current MTO officers on here heard any rumblings of future hiring? I am currently a commercial driver and I was pulled in for an inspection at the king city scales a few months ago. I asked the Officer if he had heard anything. The general consensus from the officers inside was that they are ramping up recruitment and actually doing some recruitment events. I've been checking daily for a posting but nothing yet. Any insight would be great! Thanks
OPP Auxiliary Cst. since June 2013

Fonthill
Grand Poobah
Posts: 676
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby Fonthill » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:19 am

redbond1 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:34 pm
Pretty quiet in here lately, have any of the current MTO officers on here heard any rumblings of future hiring? I am currently a commercial driver and I was pulled in for an inspection at the king city scales a few months ago. I asked the Officer if he had heard anything. The general consensus from the officers inside was that they are ramping up recruitment and actually doing some recruitment events. I've been checking daily for a posting but nothing yet. Any insight would be great! Thanks

Well, I hope they do a better job then corrections on hiring people and take the testing portion serious.
I can see one reason why this process is held up or 2. Ford government as cost. 2, they will have probably over 10 thousand persons applying for this job. I can see half from corrections that are going to apply to this job internal or external.

Another reason is to see what the union wants internal posting first or both.

Just speculation at this point.
Correctional Officer, CO2

User avatar
TruckDuk
Rookie Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:45 pm
Location: NER

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby TruckDuk » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:03 am

Fonthill wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:19 am
redbond1 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:34 pm
Pretty quiet in here lately, have any of the current MTO officers on here heard any rumblings of future hiring? I am currently a commercial driver and I was pulled in for an inspection at the king city scales a few months ago. I asked the Officer if he had heard anything. The general consensus from the officers inside was that they are ramping up recruitment and actually doing some recruitment events. I've been checking daily for a posting but nothing yet. Any insight would be great! Thanks

Well, I hope they do a better job then corrections on hiring people and take the testing portion serious.
I can see one reason why this process is held up or 2. Ford government as cost. 2, they will have probably over 10 thousand persons applying for this job. I can see half from corrections that are going to apply to this job internal or external.

Another reason is to see what the union wants internal posting first or both.

Just speculation at this point.
Truck Trooper in the #GreatWhiteNorth MTO TEO II

User avatar
TruckDuk
Rookie Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:45 pm
Location: NER

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby TruckDuk » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:08 am

Rareform wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:31 am
Most CVE agencies don't equip their officers with firearms. The only ones that are armed is Saskatchewan and New Brunswick.

Still waiting on Alberta to catch up since they were almost first... seems they're stumbling at the finish line.
Truck Trooper in the #GreatWhiteNorth MTO TEO II


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests