MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

WalmartSpecialForces
Rookie Member

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby WalmartSpecialForces » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:48 pm

They say another class of 40 should be going out soon.... FYI

Sparky87
Rookie Member

Postby Sparky87 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 pm

I am new to this section of the forum. Previously I spent most of my time in the cbsa section. I was wondering if I could get some info from anyone willing to help point me to a starting point with the hiring/application process. How do you apply? How long is the application process? What's the training like? I applied to the cbsa back in November of 2016 but failed their psych eval portion. I'm looking to apply to something else now as I need a career change. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated
CBSA GTA Applicant
Applied: November 2016
Written Tests: Written 09/11/17 - Passed 10/04/17
Interview: 11/16/17 - Passed 11/29/17
Psych: Scheduled 12/2/17 - FAILED 12/19/17
Security: 11/29/17 - cancelled due to psych fail

Reapplied January 10 2019

Fonthill
Grand Poobah

Postby Fonthill » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:58 am

Sparky87 wrote:I am new to this section of the forum. Previously I spent most of my time in the cbsa section. I was wondering if I could get some info from anyone willing to help point me to a starting point with the hiring/application process. How do you apply? How long is the application process? What's the training like? I applied to the cbsa back in November of 2016 but failed their psych eval portion. I'm looking to apply to something else now as I need a career change. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated
Before you start. I would advise you to take off you applied to CBSA and failed psych part.

Good luck
Correctional Officer, CO2

Sparky87
Rookie Member

Postby Sparky87 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:21 pm

Fonthill wrote:
Sparky87 wrote:I am new to this section of the forum. Previously I spent most of my time in the cbsa section. I was wondering if I could get some info from anyone willing to help point me to a starting point with the hiring/application process. How do you apply? How long is the application process? What's the training like? I applied to the cbsa back in November of 2016 but failed their psych eval portion. I'm looking to apply to something else now as I need a career change. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated
Before you start. I would advise you to take off you applied to CBSA and failed psych part.

Good luck
Why? There have been people who have failed the psych portion with the cbsa and gotten into other police fields. What's the problem with it?
CBSA GTA Applicant

HwyMartin
Veteran Member

Postby HwyMartin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Fonthill wrote:

Good luck
There's no psych test requirement for the MTO currently.

Fonthill
Grand Poobah

Postby Fonthill » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Sparky87 wrote:
Fonthill wrote:

Good luck
Why? There have been people who have failed the psych portion with the cbsa and gotten into other police fields. What's the problem with it?
Where you deferred for a period of time ?

Police and CBSA is totally opposite. Different hiring practices also. Also, one is federal

Good luck

Sparky87
Rookie Member

Postby Sparky87 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Fonthill wrote: Where you deferred for a period of time ?

Police and CBSA is totally opposite. Different hiring practices also. Also, one is federal

Good luck
I feel everyone missing my point... I failed out of the cbsa application process being close to finish but that's not why I'm here. I'm here in this forum asking about how one goes about applying for the MTO officer position. I though that was pretty clear in my first post? You are focussing on a side not. I am wanting to apply to the mto officer position and looking for help in finding a starting point.
CBSA GTA Applicant

Safety Guy
Sage Member

Postby Safety Guy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Sparky87 wrote:
Fonthill wrote: Where you deferred for a period of time ?

Good luck
I feel everyone missing my point... I failed out of the cbsa application process being close to finish but that's not why I'm here. I'm here in this forum asking about how one goes about applying for the MTO officer position. I though that was pretty clear in my first post? You are focussing on a side not. I am wanting to apply to the mto officer position and looking for help in finding a starting point.
There’s 168 pages in this thread, the answer to your questions are in those pages over and over again.
I suggest you start there.
Please remember that the man makes the uniform and not the other way around.

AHP309
Grand Poobah

Postby AHP309 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:42 am

Law enforcement officers usually fit into one type of personality. They look at your information at the bottom of all your posts and see the word "failed". That is a huge red flag that provokes the "why waste my time helping this person" reaction.

As a previous post said, remove the failed part.

Whatever you do, good luck with your future career.

Fonthill
Grand Poobah

Postby Fonthill » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:16 pm

Here is a link.

https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.as ... bID=103950

I only had to go back through few pages.

Good luck. This job, is very hard to get into with a hard hiring selection.

Anyways, great job on you officers out there on this forum who are MTO officers. I just read an article on the Blitz targeting trucks hands out 100 tickets on Ontario highways on dec 11-15.

Great work !

Sparky87
Rookie Member

Postby Sparky87 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Fonthill wrote:
Here is a link.

Anyways, great job on you officers out there on this forum who are MTO officers. I just read an article on the Blitz targeting trucks hands out 100 tickets on Ontario highways on dec 11-15.

Great work !
Thanks for posting the link! Ive clicked on that one before however and it expired the 23rd of February in 2017... are the job postings for this less frequent? Does anyone know if there is a current job posting? Someone said people aren't going to help me and I should look, well I have looked and haven't found myself having any luck finding much on how to apply other than expired job postings. Which is why I asked here for a starting point.
CBSA GTA Applicant

Safety Guy
Sage Member

Postby Safety Guy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Sparky87 wrote:
Fonthill wrote:
Here is a link.

Great work !

Thanks for posting the link! Ive clicked on that one before however and it expired the 23rd of February in 2017... are the job postings for this less frequent? Does anyone know if there is a current job posting? Someone said people aren't going to help me and I should look, well I have looked and haven't found myself having any luck finding much on how to apply other than expired job postings. Which is why I asked here for a starting point.
There's no ongoing recruitment. You have to keep looking on GoJobs for the postings.
Please remember that the man makes the uniform and not the other way around.

TruckDuk
Rookie Member

Postby TruckDuk » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:08 am

Well folks. If you are still keeping your eyes peeled on this thread for job openings, don't stop. There is still a hiring freeze, however the deputy minister sent out a letter last week outlining the spending and hiring restrictions currently in place with this new government. Front line staff ( which we as MTO officers are ) will be permitted to be hired.
The last hiring pool expired Aug 22nd 2018 ( two days ago ) In my district and others around the province Enforcement supervisors ( Sergeant ) postings have or are about to happen - albeit internally- There are rumblings that VI's ( 310T certified mechanics ) may be posted in the coming months. That means they will also post for TEO II positions too, as VI's would have to complete basic training and it would be unlikely they would only run a basic class for VI's.
It's a long process but if you would like another crack at applying your time may be coming up in a few months. Keep watching the https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Search.aspx web site.
Cheers, and remember,,,,,, if it's loose, it's OOS. You'll get it once you are hired LOL
Truck Trooper in the #GreatWhiteNorth MTO TEO II

smitty
Seasoned Member

Postby smitty » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:06 pm

MTO Enforcement is actively recruiting. Multiple recruitment sessions happening in the near future around the province. Follow the link below and sign up.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/transportat ... 5920079463

Good luck!

allinthegame
Rookie Member

Postby allinthegame » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:27 pm

smitty wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:06 pm
MTO Enforcement is actively recruiting. Multiple recruitment sessions happening in the near future around the province. Follow the link below and sign up.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/transportat ... 5920079463

Good luck!
Is there a job posting online somewhere? Or does the recruitment process begin at one of these sessions? I only ask because the earliest one in my area isn’t until April.