MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
robrox
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:37 pm
Contact:

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby robrox » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:52 pm

Just a question for anyone already an enforcement officer. Is the chances of getting an enforcement position better if you're already working for MTO? I'm asking this because I have an interview for an MTO position, not enforcement, but with MTO nonetheless. Are my chances higher of getting in if I took this position if it's offered to me? Any information will help, thanks in advance :)

smitty
Veteran Member
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:14 pm
Contact:

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby smitty » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:21 am

robrox wrote:Just a question for anyone already an enforcement officer. Is the chances of getting an enforcement position better if you're already working for MTO? I'm asking this because I have an interview for an MTO position, not enforcement, but with MTO nonetheless. Are my chances higher of getting in if I took this position if it's offered to me? Any information will help, thanks in advance :)


Yes. People already employed by the OPS are given preference and are often hired over someone who actually may have scored better in the process. You also have access to internal postings.

robrox
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:37 pm
Contact:

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby robrox » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:59 pm

Thank you so much for the reply smitty....another question...sorry to be a pain....have you heard if anything is coming up? The job I'm being Interviwed for is not where I want to be so not sure I want to be there for a year. Not that I'm guaranteed an enforcement job bit with my background I have a really good chance. Thanks in advance :)

Safety Guy
Regular Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 8:44 pm
Contact:

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby Safety Guy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:13 pm

robrox wrote:Thank you so much for the reply smitty....another question...sorry to be a pain....have you heard if anything is coming up? The job I'm being Interviwed for is not where I want to be so not sure I want to be there for a year. Not that I'm guaranteed an enforcement job bit with my background I have a really good chance. Thanks in advance :)


Apparently they wanted to do a new posting this fall and apparently the had started working on the lateral transfers.
That being said, experience tells us not to hold your breath. I've been in the MTO fora little over 8 years now, and I've never seen the MTO run a competition for officer positions in the expected time frame. It always take much longer.
Please remember that the man makes the uniform and not the other way around.

User avatar
cplhick1968
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Halifax
Contact:

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby cplhick1968 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:39 pm

*edit

User avatar
HwyMartin
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:36 pm
Location: Ontario - West region
Contact:

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby HwyMartin » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:02 am

Safety Guy wrote:
robrox wrote:Thank you so much for the reply smitty....another question...sorry to be a pain....have you heard if anything is coming up? The job I'm being Interviwed for is not where I want to be so not sure I want to be there for a year. Not that I'm guaranteed an enforcement job bit with my background I have a really good chance. Thanks in advance :)


Apparently they wanted to do a new posting this fall and apparently the had started working on the lateral transfers.
That being said, experience tells us not to hold your breath. I've been in the MTO fora little over 8 years now, and I've never seen the MTO run a competition for officer positions in the expected time frame. It always take much longer.


I hope so! I'm waiting for a new posting so I can get a lateral I'm waiting for.

robrox
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:37 pm
Contact:

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby robrox » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:59 pm

Could someone let me know when laterals are done. Might give an idea of when the posting will come up :)

Fonthill
Veteran Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby Fonthill » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:13 am

robrox wrote:Could someone let me know when laterals are done. Might give an idea of when the posting will come up :)



No posting has gone up for internal yet. Might be a while still

Jamielee
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:57 am
Contact:

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby Jamielee » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:19 am

Hey Everyone!

New to this forum. Graduated from the Law and Security program, then worked in Safety Compliance for a trucking company for 5 years. Hoping to put my education and work experience to good use, waiting for an ad to go up. Was told by an MTO officer they hire about once a year and from what I can tell an ad has not gone up yet for 2016 so hoping to see one before the new year.

User avatar
cplhick1968
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Halifax
Contact:

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby cplhick1968 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:04 pm

Jamielee wrote:Hey Everyone!

New to this forum. Graduated from the Law and Security program, then worked in Safety Compliance for a trucking company for 5 years. Hoping to put my education and work experience to good use, waiting for an ad to go up. Was told by an MTO officer they hire about once a year and from what I can tell an ad has not gone up yet for 2016 so hoping to see one before the new year.


When you do apply, make sure you give clear examples how you meet each mandatory requirement. If you don't your application will get screened out, like mine did for the last job posting i applied to. They use some sort of screening application that looks for key words. I'm thinking next time around im just going to scan the whole application and use it as my cover letter!! :D

robrox
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:37 pm
Contact:

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby robrox » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Jamielee wrote:Hey Everyone!

New to this forum. Graduated from the Law and Security program, then worked in Safety Compliance for a trucking company for 5 years. Hoping to put my education and work experience to good use, waiting for an ad to go up. Was told by an MTO officer they hire about once a year and from what I can tell an ad has not gone up yet for 2016 so hoping to see one before the new year.


I've been waiting for this posting since January, looking every single day, even twice a day in case I miss something lol. There is no information anywhere. I would just love a quick " I heard it's coming in November" or something like that lol. Someone has to know SOMETHING!!!! I've put all my ducks in order, just a waiting game now. Wish you luck jamielee!!! :wave:

User avatar
cplhick1968
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Halifax
Contact:

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby cplhick1968 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:48 pm

Any news on a new job posting?

User avatar
HwyMartin
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:36 pm
Location: Ontario - West region
Contact:

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby HwyMartin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:58 pm

cplhick1968 wrote:Any news on a new job posting?


Haven't heard anything recently, last I heard there may be a hire in the new year or the spring.

Safety Guy
Regular Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 8:44 pm
Contact:

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby Safety Guy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:01 pm

HwyMartin wrote:
cplhick1968 wrote:Any news on a new job posting?


Haven't heard anything recently, last I heard there may be a hire in the new year or the spring.


From the Director, sometime in the next 2 months.
Please remember that the man makes the uniform and not the other way around.

smitty
Veteran Member
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:14 pm
Contact:

Re: MTO (Ontario) officers - provincewide postings

Postby smitty » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:35 pm

Sweeet, hopefully laterals soon too then.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Slovak4188 and 9 guests