RCMP Auxiliary

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Tango5
Rookie Member

RCMP Auxiliary

Postby Tango5 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:49 pm

Hello all.

I have a question about my up-comming suitability interview with Surrey RCMP Aux.

How does the interview look like?? -- same as the one for Reg Member?
Any Do's and Don'ts you might suggest?
Any thing one could/should know to impress the interviewers? -- that's a serious question..----- lmao

Obviously I want to be myself… but there is more to my situation.
Aux program with RCMP does not like to see current/previous applicants in to regular service. I failed RPAT.. well my own fault next time will prepare better.

I have applied to Auxiliary Program and got an e-mail with mixed feelings from the AUX Coordinator.

As you were an RCMP applicant at one time, I am also checking into that process as the auxiliary constable program is not looking for persons that are attempting to use this program as a stepping stone in to RCMP.

I have sent a page long explanation of my intensions with the program and was granted ‘Green Light’ :D --- do not want to screw it up.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

sportyspice
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP Auxiliary

Postby sportyspice » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:33 am

Okay, I'm confused. You said you failed the RPAT but next time will prepare better, which would seem to indicate that you have intentions of applying again to be a regular member. Then you said you got a letter from them stating they don't consider people who are using the Aux program as a stepping stone to becoming a RM, but you managed to get the "green light". So... which is it? Do you want to be an Auxiliary member, or do you want to be a Regular member?

Perhaps I've misunderstood but it doesn't sound to me like you're being very honest about your intentions. Are you SURE the RCMP is the right organization for you?
"On the whole, human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time."

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:59 am

sportyspice wrote:Okay, I'm confused. You said you failed the RPAT but next time will prepare better, which would seem to indicate that you have intentions of applying again to be a regular member. Then you said you got a letter from them stating they don't consider people who are using the Aux program as a stepping stone to becoming a RM, but you managed to get the "green light". So... which is it? Do you want to be an Auxiliary member, or do you want to be a Regular member?

Perhaps I've misunderstood but it doesn't sound to me like you're being very honest about your intentions. Are you SURE the RCMP is the right organization for you?

Yes.. you have misunderstood.. lol
I am 100% honest.
I failed the RPAT... and yes... I will re-writte and will continue with the Regular process.

After failing the RPAT, I have contacted an NCO in recruiting that I know,
She said, since I have failed at the very beginning of the process then I have a choice: Wait the year and re apply ( be possibly deferred somewhere in the process again and waist time ) or join Aux, put 2 years ( or more depending on my situation )and get some experience, see If it is for me and re-apply if I like it.

With the application I have submitted to Aux program I have stated that I will continue with my application to become a Regular Member..... I just came up clean and told them how I feel and what my intensions are and that I will give them the time required..... that’s all.... hence I got a green light ( and that's for the Interview only ). Nothing DECEPTIVE here.

I have sent a page long explanation of my intensions with the program and was granted ‘Green Light’ --- do not want to screw it up.
Last edited by Tango5 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

sportyspice
Rookie Member

Postby sportyspice » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:06 am

Aaaaahhh... makes sense. Good luck with your interview!
"On the whole, human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time."

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:11 am

sportyspice wrote:Aaaaahhh... makes sense. Good luck with your interview!

Thank you!!

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:33 am

Auxiliary Member Suitability Interview - Pass :thumbsup: :twitch:

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:01 pm

No RCMP Auxiliary on site??? - hmmm. Too bad.

Delancey 37
Rookie Member

Postby Delancey 37 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:09 am

I can try to answer any questions as best I can, am finished with the Aux program a few years ago in B.C. (E-Div) for alittle over 16yrs.
Pain Is Temporary, Pride Is Forever.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:35 pm

Delancey 37 wrote:I can try to answer any questions as best I can, am finished with the Aux program a few years ago in B.C. (E-Div) for alittle over 16yrs.

Thanks for responding, Delancey 37.
I do not have any specific questions per-say but enjoy reading the OPP Aux area so I thought would be nice to have one for RCMP.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:41 pm

Just an update.

Security Interview - July 29 ( what happens durring the interview, can any one share any thoughts? )
PARE - August 15

police79
Rookie Member

Postby police79 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:08 am

It is a security interview......almost identical to a the 'Lifestyle Questions Package' except you will not have any time to prepare for it. The interviewer I had was a retired Mountie, kind of started like don't lie to me, I have been trained to detect liars, if I catch you lieing, you will have no chance of becoming a police officer EVER! GULP!
I would definetely recommend you review the questions, probably download from a police force website. Get familiar with them as you want to be prepared for it and dont want to be thinking too much. Questions are regarding theft, drug usage, financial info, tickets, credit/bill payment, violence, etc etc

police79
Rookie Member

Postby police79 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:10 am

When I say no time to prepare, I mean you will not get a copy of the questionairre to fill out before the interview, you just walk into it, he/she asks the question and you answer.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:15 pm

:roll: Security Interview tomorrow.

It's a pass. :thumbsup:

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:02 pm

PARE - Pass :thumbsup: 3.42 with 25.5 lap average and 1.09 on the push/pull.

I feel I haven't given 100% on the laps, wasn't too tired before the push/pull. I found the pull very easy but the push with my arms length gave mi a little trouble with positioning on the machine.

The best time was 3.19

Early next week - Uniform fitting.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:15 pm

So, uniform fitting is done.

I need to say that I absolutely LOVE the feel of the 2 jackets. ( the Blue and the ‘Traffic’ Yellow ), long and short sleeve shirts seem OK.
The gloves and Vest fit nice and tight although I am not used to having any clothing stop above my ‘belly button’ – feels weird.

I am not a fun of the tie. The pants are cut in horrible way making your ars looking “boxed”.
Now I understand what Reg Members mean by not liking the pants that much.