York Regional Police Auxiliary Interview

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
kellylihomes

Re: York Regional Police Auxiliary Interview

Postby kellylihomes » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:44 pm

I did my pre-background questionnaire Dec 12, I know it is still early to hear back from them especially with the holidays. If anyone get invited to interview, please update on the forum. Thanks.
CBSA Applicant
Applied: Aug 2018
OTEE: Sep 2018 (passes)
Interview: December 2018 (passed)
PARE: January 2019 (passed)
Psy Evaluation: April 2019 (passed)
Security paper: May 2019
Medical: July 2019 (passed)
Security clearance: December 2019
OITP:
Rigaud:

exle0987
Rookie Member

Postby exle0987 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:08 am

Hi:

Does anyone know what testing YRP conducts with Auxiliary candidates .. i.e. PIN, GATB, WTC, etc.? Halton conducts all of the above .. I am inquiring on behalf of someone who didn't quite make it with Halton, but is still interested in the auxiliary role.

-- thanx

kellylihomes

Postby kellylihomes » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:56 pm

exle0987 wrote:Hi:

Does anyone know what testing YRP conducts with Auxiliary candidates .. i.e. PIN, GATB, WTC, etc.? Halton conducts all of the above .. I am inquiring on behalf of someone who didn't quite make it with Halton, but is still interested in the auxiliary role.

-- thanx

Hi, I do not think there is any tests that you mentioned to be done. It is only pre-back ground questionnaire, interview, background check. The process is listed on the YRP website.
CBSA Applicant
OITP:
Rigaud:

TacticalPotato
Rookie Member

Postby TacticalPotato » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:13 pm

-- thanx

The only differences between A/PC and PC with YRP are:

ATS, Driving Test, PIN test, Psychological, Medical; vision, hearing, etc.

A/PC still undergoes the same PBQ, extensive interview and a full background investigation w/ home visit.

That's not to say it's not going to change in the future.
POLICE CONSTABLE
BCT-1719

“Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” —George Herbert

lmrj0045
Rookie Member

Postby lmrj0045 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:25 am

-- thanx

YRP Auxiliary Constable here, none of those are conducted. It is just the PBQ, Interview and background investigation. The interview was very extensive and in depth. Mine was 4.5 hours with three 5 minute breaks.

Any questions, feel free to ask

lmrj0045
Rookie Member

Postby lmrj0045 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:31 am

kellylihomes wrote:I did my pre-background questionnaire Dec 12, I know it is still early to hear back from them especially with the holidays. If anyone get invited to interview, please update on the forum. Thanks.

YRP auxiliary constable here,
My overall process took well over a year. I did my PBQ in November of 2016, had my interview in July 17 2017, got assigned a back ground investigator July 23rd 2017 and got my offer October 3rd 2017.
Sometimes these things take time, dont sweat it. My class just graduated so i can see them starting to interview for the next class in the upcoming months.

Good Luck!

kellylihomes

Postby kellylihomes » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:58 pm

lmrj0045 wrote:
kellylihomes wrote:I did my pre-background questionnaire Dec 12, I know it is still early to hear back from them especially with the holidays. If anyone get invited to interview, please update on the forum. Thanks.

YRP auxiliary constable here,
My overall process took well over a year. I did my PBQ in November of 2016, had my interview in July 17 2017, got assigned a back ground investigator July 23rd 2017 and got my offer October 3rd 2017.
Sometimes these things take time, dont sweat it. My class just graduated so i can see them starting to interview for the next class in the upcoming months.

Good Luck!

Thank you for your Kindly reply.
CBSA Applicant
OITP:
Rigaud:

kellylihomes

Postby kellylihomes » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:10 pm

I just got an email stating that I passed my PBQ after 3 month. Is there anyone else on the same boat? :D
CBSA Applicant
OITP:
Rigaud:

prokes
Rookie Member

Postby prokes » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:32 pm

kellylihomes wrote:I just got an email stating that I passed my PBQ after 3 month. Is there anyone else on the same boat? :D

That's great! Did they say anything about an Interview?

I passed my PBQ back in October for the Constable position but haven't heard anything since.

kellylihomes

Postby kellylihomes » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:22 am

prokes wrote:
kellylihomes wrote:I just got an email stating that I passed my PBQ after 3 month. Is there anyone else on the same boat? :D

I passed my PBQ back in October for the Constable position but haven't heard anything since.

Did not mention about interview.

"your application is now eligible to be considered for the next stage of selection. We appreciate your patience during this stage of the recruitment process. While many apply, only a few are chosen. The most competitive candidates who are deemed to best meet the needs of our service will be contacted by our recruiting staff."

Keep our finger crossed! Good luck!
CBSA Applicant
OITP:
Rigaud:

duartepe
Rookie Member

Postby duartepe » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:37 pm

kellylihomes wrote:
prokes wrote:

Did not mention about interview.

"your application is now eligible to be considered for the next stage of selection. We appreciate your patience during this stage of the recruitment process. While many apply, only a few are chosen. The most competitive candidates who are deemed to best meet the needs of our service will be contacted by our recruiting staff."

Keep our finger crossed! Good luck!

same here!

AlwaysOnDuty
Rookie Member

Postby AlwaysOnDuty » Sat May 05, 2018 11:48 am

Handed in my application package April 27, and they said that there will only be one aux. class this year around October. They said it would be a long process, but to keep an eye on your email (and junk folder). Would like to get the opportunity as YRP is a great police service. If anyone is contacted about PBQ dates please reply, thanks! :)
SOLGEN | Ontario Correctional Services
Correctional Officer 2

kellylihomes

Postby kellylihomes » Mon May 21, 2018 10:39 pm

AlwaysOnDuty wrote:Handed in my application package April 27, and they said that there will only be one aux. class this year around October. They said it would be a long process, but to keep an eye on your email (and junk folder). Would like to get the opportunity as YRP is a great police service. If anyone is contacted about PBQ dates please reply, thanks! :)

Hi, congratulations on your application. I remember that I got invite to the PBQ about 1 1/2 month later, and did not get my passing result till 2 month later in March. I have been waiting since then. Just wait till good news come. It is a long process but worth waiting. Good luck!
CBSA Applicant
OITP:
Rigaud:

AlwaysOnDuty
Rookie Member

Postby AlwaysOnDuty » Mon May 21, 2018 11:38 pm

kellylihomes wrote:
AlwaysOnDuty wrote:Handed in my application package April 27, and they said that there will only be one aux. class this year around October. They said it would be a long process, but to keep an eye on your email (and junk folder). Would like to get the opportunity as YRP is a great police service. If anyone is contacted about PBQ dates please reply, thanks! :)

Hi, congratulations on your application. I remember that I got invite to the PBQ about 1 1/2 month later, and did not get my passing result till 2 month later in March. I have been waiting since then. Just wait till good news come. It is a long process but worth waiting. Good luck!

Thank you! I actually have my PBQ tomorrow so I hope they like my answers. I got the invite to the PQB about two weeks after I applied, just got lucky with the times I think.
SOLGEN | Ontario Correctional Services
Correctional Officer 2

LivePositive
Rookie Member

Postby LivePositive » Fri May 25, 2018 12:51 am

Anyone that passed the PBQ heard anything back?