York Regional Police Interview

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Condare1
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:47 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Condare1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:23 am

Anyone here going through the process for the December class?
YRP
PBQ: July 23rd
LFI/ECI: August 15th
Psych Interview: August 20th
Background Investigation Started: September 6th
Chief's Letter: September 12th
PVO Test: September 20th
Fitness PIN: September 24th
Home Visit: October 30th
Hired: November 21st

onefive
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:52 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby onefive » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:07 am

Condare1 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:23 am
Anyone here going through the process for the December class?
I am yes. All being well anyways! I have done everything in a similar timeline to you however I haven't had my home visit yet. My background investigator is working on my file now.

sinanulukanligil
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:30 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby sinanulukanligil » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:20 am

Condare1 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:23 am
Anyone here going through the process for the December class?
I had my PBQ on October 22nd and I am hoping to be called to the next interview in near future. Realistically, i don’t think i will make it to the December class. Congratulations for all those who are going be there! :D

mrtinfoilman
Regular Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:49 am
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby mrtinfoilman » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:02 am

sinanulukanligil wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:20 am
Condare1 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:23 am
Anyone here going through the process for the December class?
I had my PBQ on October 22nd and I am hoping to be called to the next interview in near future. Realistically, i don’t think i will make it to the December class. Congratulations for all those who are going be there! :D
On the bright side, summer classes are better no pun intended.

sinanulukanligil
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:30 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby sinanulukanligil » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:53 pm

mrtinfoilman wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:02 am
sinanulukanligil wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:20 am
Condare1 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:23 am
Anyone here going through the process for the December class?
I had my PBQ on October 22nd and I am hoping to be called to the next interview in near future. Realistically, i don’t think i will make it to the December class. Congratulations for all those who are going be there! :D
On the bright side, summer classes are better no pun intended.
I actually don't mind winter at all. However, this is not something that I have control of. I was wondering if anybody can tell me what is the latest time they got the call for ECI interview after they completed the PBQ?

rcarter
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:16 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby rcarter » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:05 pm

sinanulukanligil wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:53 pm
mrtinfoilman wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:02 am
sinanulukanligil wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:20 am


I had my PBQ on October 22nd and I am hoping to be called to the next interview in near future. Realistically, i don’t think i will make it to the December class. Congratulations for all those who are going be there! :D
On the bright side, summer classes are better no pun intended.
I actually don't mind winter at all. However, this is not something that I have control of. I was wondering if anybody can tell me what is the latest time they got the call for ECI interview after they completed the PBQ?

Just had my interview and was successful, did my Psych test on Tuesday and meeting with the Doc on Monday. Its been almost a 4 year process for me fingers are crossed with many hurdles still to go over.
YRP
PQB- September 27- PASS
VBI- November 25- PASS
Psych Test- November 26- PASS
Psych Interview- December 2nd- PASS
BG-
PVO-
PIN-
Medical-
Offer-

sinanulukanligil
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:30 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby sinanulukanligil » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:32 pm

rcarter wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:05 pm
sinanulukanligil wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:53 pm
mrtinfoilman wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:02 am


On the bright side, summer classes are better no pun intended.
I actually don't mind winter at all. However, this is not something that I have control of. I was wondering if anybody can tell me what is the latest time they got the call for ECI interview after they completed the PBQ?

Just had my interview and was successful, did my Psych test on Tuesday and meeting with the Doc on Monday. Its been almost a 4 year process for me fingers are crossed with many hurdles still to go over.
Wow 4 years is impressive. Thats a really good determination.
Here is my timeline for those who are interested.
YRP
Applied- July 28th
PBQ- October 22
VBI- ?
Psych Test-?
Psych Interview-?
BG-?
PVO-?
PIN-?
Medical- ?
Offer-
Share yours to inform all other people.

Wingman19
Regular Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Wingman19 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:32 am

Anyone in the process at the moment? I submitted my application, just wondering how long it took for you to receive a response after getting a file number.

Good luck to all!
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP sent: Dec 13 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
recom Dec 16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
App recom: Jan 11
PBQ: Feb 10
RMAQ: Feb ???
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

rcarter
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:16 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby rcarter » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:19 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:32 am
Anyone in the process at the moment? I submitted my application, just wondering how long it took for you to receive a response after getting a file number.

Good luck to all!
BG Phase Right now, had my medical last week PIN and PVO next week. I submitted my Application back in July my signature has the time line. Too answer your question though, I didn’t here anything until I was called for the PBQ.
YRP
PQB- September 27- PASS
VBI- November 25- PASS
Psych Test- November 26- PASS
Psych Interview- December 2nd- PASS
BG-
PVO-
PIN-
Medical-
Offer-

Wingman19
Regular Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Wingman19 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:00 pm

rcarter wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:19 pm
Wingman19 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:32 am
Anyone in the process at the moment? I submitted my application, just wondering how long it took for you to receive a response after getting a file number.

Good luck to all!
BG Phase Right now, had my medical last week PIN and PVO next week. I submitted my Application back in July my signature has the time line. Too answer your question though, I didn’t here anything until I was called for the PBQ.
You are probably gonna make it in time for the April Class.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP sent: Dec 13 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
recom Dec 16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
App recom: Jan 11
PBQ: Feb 10
RMAQ: Feb ???
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

ontca
Rookie Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:35 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby ontca » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:11 pm

Hi

Since you all have already applied, I have a question regarding application. Sorry for posting in the interview section but I could not find a general YRP thread.

Would you personally prefer dropping the application in person to YRP at one of the information sessions or applying online? What will be the pros and cons for each type in your opinion?

Thanks.

Wingman19
Regular Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Wingman19 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:19 pm

ontca wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:11 pm
Hi

Since you all have already applied, I have a question regarding application. Sorry for posting in the interview section but I could not find a general YRP thread.

Would you personally prefer dropping the application in person to YRP at one of the information sessions or applying online? What will be the pros and cons for each type in your opinion?

Thanks.
I would definitely drop in and hand deliver your application.

What most people that don't realize is when I went to the information session, there were so many people in suits and looked extremely professional. What a complete waste of time. Those recruiters don't know who you are, they just know you look very nice in a crowd of approximately 100+ per session. Your objective is to get one of the recruiters to know who you are, what you're all about and make a good impression and make them laugh if you can. Yeah, you can deliver your application via email, but when they start going through all the applications to determine who moves forward for the next class and you're on good terms with one the recruiters who remembers who you are. Something to consider.

Good luck.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP sent: Dec 13 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
recom Dec 16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
App recom: Jan 11
PBQ: Feb 10
RMAQ: Feb ???
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

Wingman19
Regular Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Wingman19 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:01 pm

Anyone hear back or have been scheduled for a PQB/Aptitude Test for February.

I've been told they are hoping to prepare it and call in people for this month. Some people will be exempt from the paper test and will go directly to PQB.

Thanks
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP sent: Dec 13 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
recom Dec 16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
App recom: Jan 11
PBQ: Feb 10
RMAQ: Feb ???
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

Masud321
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:52 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Masud321 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:57 pm

Hi all,

For those who got to VBI, is the police constable form a digitally fillable PDF file or do you need to print and fill it out the old-fashion way?

stribor45
Rookie Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby stribor45 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:44 am

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone can answer this question about the application form.
  • Proof that vision and hearing standards have been met. What form can be used for this requirement?
  • There is a question in the form about "Have you ever applied to other police service". Does this include initial applications or only cases where applicant advances in the process?
Thank you


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], rf1994 and 6 guests