York Regional Police Interview

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

IrishCopeah
Rookie Member

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby IrishCopeah » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:09 pm

Meangreen wrote:
toosejuice786 wrote:Interesting. Did they say how long the transition would take? Also when did they tell you this? Thanks for the info!
Around a week. I've recently been contacted by one of their recruiters however and I have the LFI scheduled for next week.
How Did the interview go? Any updates? Interested in the types of questions asked, number of people on the panel etc... :D

nirojeya
Rookie Member

Postby nirojeya » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:21 pm

Well, I passed my interview and completed my psych test. Onward to the psychologist appointment!
Applied- YRP-(June 2017)
PBQ- YRP-(July 2017)- Complete
Interview- YRP- (July 2017)- Complete
Psych- YRP- (August 2017)- Pending

Rocky2515
Rookie Member

Postby Rocky2515 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:31 pm

Any updates here? Anyone currently in the process? Let's get this thread going again.

prokes

Postby prokes » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:16 pm

I wrote the PBQ at the end of October and received an email the following week saying I passed the PBQ. I'm still waiting to hear from them about an interview.

kellylihomes

Postby kellylihomes » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:59 pm

prokes wrote:I wrote the PBQ at the end of October and received an email the following week saying I passed the PBQ. I'm still waiting to hear from them about an interview.
Your PBQ result came pretty quick. I did my early December. I remember the recruitment officer said it might take a month or so, she said no news is good news. I guess I still have chance. I only applied for Auxiliary though.
CBSA GTA Applicant
Applied: August 2018
OTEE: September 2018 (passes)
Interview: December 2018 (passed)
PARE: January 2019 (passed)
Psy Evaluation: April 2019 (passed)
Security paper: May 2019

prokes

Postby prokes » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:03 am

Is anyone currently interviewing? If so, what has your timeline looked like since applying?

Cottagewknd
Rookie Member

Postby Cottagewknd » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:38 am

prokes wrote:I wrote the PBQ at the end of October and received an email the following week saying I passed the PBQ. I'm still waiting to hear from them about an interview.
I would have been in this class with you. I wrote it at the same time but still haven't heard anything at all. Do they send letters if you weren't successful for the PBQ?

ADude06
Rookie Member

Postby ADude06 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:46 pm

Wrote my PBQ towards the end of September, received email saying I passed the PBQ in early October and haven't heard back since then. Sent in a couple of email updates as well. I'm assuming at this point in time I just wasn't competitive enough

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:36 am

ADude06 wrote:
Wrote my PBQ towards the end of September, received email saying I passed the PBQ in early October and haven't heard back since then. Sent in a couple of email updates as well. I'm assuming at this point in time I just wasn't competitive enough
Don't sweat it man. Just might be bad luck too.

Look at me. I didn't even get a call back after my PBQ. 3 years later i work for the 3rd largest municipal force in the nation. You'll get there, keep pushing.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

alexgue89

Postby alexgue89 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Anyone attending the PBQ on July 24th?

kellylihomes

Postby kellylihomes » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Does anyone know what is the process of BGI? I am currently in the BGI stage of Auxiliary application. My investor is coming next Tuesday. Is this a good sign? Kind of nervous.
CBSA GTA Applicant

prokes

Postby prokes » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:44 pm

I applied a couple of weeks ago and received an email to write the PBQ in December.

Can anyone share their experience with York's process?

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:03 pm

prokes wrote:I applied a couple of weeks ago and received an email to write the PBQ in December.

I heard back from them 2 weeks later as well (same as yours), wrote the PBQ and never heard back. From what I was told, York is pretty particular with whom they're looking for each hiring class. Hopefully you fit the bill and go from there. Additionally their interviews are pretty tough (they're all tough, but York has a reputation for having a very tough LFI and ECI).

Good luck.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

kellylihomes

Postby kellylihomes » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:24 am

prokes wrote:I applied a couple of weeks ago and received an email to write the PBQ in December.

Arrive early, and dress professionally. I finished my auxiliary selection process, I would say that patience is the key. I got my PBQ result a couple of months later, I guess it depends on their schedule. I would recommend going to YRP information session as often as possible, they do give valuable information needed to be successful in the selecting process. Good luck!
CBSA GTA Applicant

CanadianQuackers
Rookie Member

Postby CanadianQuackers » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:44 pm

Slovak4188 wrote:

I heard back from them 2 weeks later as well (same as yours), wrote the PBQ and never heard back. From what I was told, York is pretty particular with whom they're looking for each hiring class. Hopefully you fit the bill and go from there. Additionally their interviews are pretty tough (they're all tough, but York has a reputation for having a very tough LFI and ECI).

Good luck.
Hey Slovak4188,

I've seen your username in a few threads and I just checked your post history and saw the organization you work for. I am intrigued by some of the things you say and was wondering if I could PM you about your experiences working in law enforcement, both in general and with regards to that specific agency?

Hopefully, this isn't too strange of a request.