York Regional Police Interview

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

kosciuszko

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby kosciuszko » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:26 pm

TacticalPotato wrote:Sad to see this post inactive. FYI York is hiring quite a few officers for 2017 and 2018!!! Get your apps in!!! New training facility is a plus too! Biggest range I've seen yet.
I had my PBQ in April, and passed. Still waiting for an interview. Even though I passed I might not be competitive enough for an interview, not too sure how it works.

nirojeya
Rookie Member

Postby nirojeya » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:52 pm

I passed my PBQ in the last week of June. I got a call this week to setup an interview. I'm sure they will eventually get to everyone. The waiting can be demoralizing but it's just a part of the process.
Applied- YRP-(June 2017)
PBQ- YRP-(July 2017)- Complete
Interview- YRP- (July 2017)- Complete
Psych- YRP- (August 2017)- Pending

kosciuszko

Postby kosciuszko » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Ahhh that sucks, hopefully I'll hear something this summer. You must be a much more competitive candidate to be called so soon after your PBQ!

otwobjj
Veteran Member

Postby otwobjj » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:12 pm

edit

Stride2Badge
Rookie Member

Postby Stride2Badge » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:16 pm

How long is it taking to hear back about pbq results from York? I was part of the class at the end of June and haven't heard back. I have heard back from opp within 24hours after completing theirs :)
TIA

TacticalPotato
Rookie Member

Postby TacticalPotato » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Stride2Badge wrote:How long is it taking to hear back about pbq results from York? I was part of the class at the end of June and haven't heard back. I have heard back from opp within 24hours after completing theirs :)
TIA
It varies, some people heard back within a week to weeks, others months, however that alone is not an indicator of whether you will be hired or not. I know of some people who waited months, and then hired.

Unless you are willing to relocate, ie: pickle late, be patient and keep recruiting updated. From what i understand, they already have their class for August and are busy with that. Once they get the new class started for August, then they will probably go through the apps for December.

Recruiting is busy and work year round.
POLICE CONSTABLE
BCT-1719

“Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” —George Herbert

EsivarT

Postby EsivarT » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Just completed my PBQ today! (aux position) Pretty interesting to reminisce my youth. Hoping for the best.

repoman101
Rookie Member

Postby repoman101 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:37 pm

I'm from ottawa; got invited to the pbq session. Anyone else outside the York region got the invitation? ? Being an out of town applicant, is it a really big deal breaker for York police?
Last edited by repoman101 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

ADude06
Rookie Member

Postby ADude06 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:14 pm

repoman101 wrote:I'm from ottawa; got invited to the pbq session. Anyone else outside the York region got the invitation? Being an out of town applicant, is it a really big deal breaker for York police?
When did you submit your application out of curiosity?

repoman101
Rookie Member

Postby repoman101 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:20 am

ADude06 wrote:
repoman101 wrote:I'm from ottawa; got invited to the pbq session. Anyone else outside the York region got the invitation? Being an out of town applicant, is it a really big deal breaker for York police?
When did you submit your application out of curiosity?
Was a bit of a wait; over a month. did you apply as well?

ADude06
Rookie Member

Postby ADude06 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:58 am

repoman101 wrote: Was a bit of a wait; over a month. did you apply as well?
I did, yeah - sent in my application during the last week of June, and besides the email for confirmation of receipt, hadn't heard anything back yet. I'm guessing the August OPC Intake scheduling is wrapping up so they may start to look at new applications now

repoman101
Rookie Member

Postby repoman101 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:02 pm

ADude06 wrote:
repoman101 wrote: Was a bit of a wait; over a month. did you apply as well?
I did, yeah - sent in my application during the last week of June, and besides the email for confirmation of receipt, hadn't heard anything back yet. I'm guessing the August OPC Intake scheduling is wrapping up so they may start to look at new applications now
I believe they are looking to start filling the december OPC intake. hang in there, i got the invite email two days ago...pbq is scheduled for next tues. They are prob still sending out the invites.

And are you applying from the Ottawa area?

ADude06
Rookie Member

Postby ADude06 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:24 pm

repoman101 wrote:
I believe they are looking to start filling the december OPC intake. hang in there, i got the invite email two days ago...pbq is scheduled for next tues. They are prob still sending out the invites.

And are you applying from the Ottawa area?
Yup!

repoman101
Rookie Member

Postby repoman101 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:18 pm

if you hear back, let me know. we can carpool.

ADude06
Rookie Member

Postby ADude06 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:23 pm

repoman101 wrote:if you hear back, let me know. we can carpool.
Sounds like a plan! Good luck next week if not!