York Regional Police Interview

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
User avatar
Wingman19
Veteran Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Wingman19 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:26 am

stribor45 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:44 am
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone can answer this question about the application form.
  • Proof that vision and hearing standards have been met. What form can be used for this requirement?
  • There is a question in the form about "Have you ever applied to other police service". Does this include initial applications or only cases where applicant advances in the process?
Thank you
I used my RCMP vision/hearing forms and submitted directly to them. They're asking for proof, I gave them proof. You can use the ones that you get from OACP or from YRP. The problem is that you gotta go back to your optometrist/hearing clinic, have them fill the forms again or on the day of your assessment.

For your second part, list every service you applied for. So yes, initial applications is an application.
RCMP ON APP Dec 4 2019

SP: Dec16 2019
QA: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suit: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP invite: Sept/20
PEP rec: Sept/20
Med/Psy: :swords:
Municipal apps: On-Going

ontca
Rookie Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:35 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby ontca » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:57 am

Wingman19 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:26 am
stribor45 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:44 am
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone can answer this question about the application form.
  • Proof that vision and hearing standards have been met. What form can be used for this requirement?
  • There is a question in the form about "Have you ever applied to other police service". Does this include initial applications or only cases where applicant advances in the process?
Thank you
I used my RCMP vision/hearing forms and submitted directly to them. They're asking for proof, I gave them proof. You can use the ones that you get from OACP or from YRP. The problem is that you gotta go back to your optometrist/hearing clinic, have them fill the forms again or on the day of your assessment.

For your second part, list every service you applied for. So yes, initial applications is an application.
And this totally acceptable to them in the absence of the forms right now on their website. They said that in an information session held last month.

SElizabeth84
Rookie Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:05 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby SElizabeth84 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:42 pm

I just submitted my application on Feb. 7th. I also attended the information session on Feb. 8th; I thought it was absolutely fantastic! I think YRP is unique and I was so inspired by what I saw and heard. I really hope this one works out, but I know I have some tough competition.

I wish the best to all going through the process with YRP and please keep us updated!

stribor45
Rookie Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby stribor45 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:22 pm

Thank you Wingman19 and ontca.

User avatar
Wingman19
Veteran Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Wingman19 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:57 am

SElizabeth84 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:42 pm
I just submitted my application on Feb. 7th. I also attended the information session on Feb. 8th; I thought it was absolutely fantastic! I think YRP is unique and I was so inspired by what I saw and heard. I really hope this one works out, but I know I have some tough competition.

I wish the best to all going through the process with YRP and please keep us updated!
Yup! York is very impressive. All the best to you as well. I submitted my app as well in January and waiting for the initial interview stage. They are just starting to call people in and pushing for the April/May class which I don't think I'll make it in time but you never know!
RCMP ON APP Dec 4 2019

SP: Dec16 2019
QA: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suit: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP invite: Sept/20
PEP rec: Sept/20
Med/Psy: :swords:
Municipal apps: On-Going

terminator
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:49 am
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby terminator » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:05 pm

Hi jus wondering if anyone has an answer to this. I notice some people got quicker response for the PBQ after their application submission. I submitted my app in January have not yet heard any response however they provided me with a file number- I hand delivered my app. Would they send me anything indicating I wouldn't be the right candidate? I'm debating to contact the recruiter for an update however I know I should be patient during the waiting period. if anyone has information or advice thanks in advance

User avatar
Wingman19
Veteran Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Wingman19 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:49 pm

terminator wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:05 pm
Hi jus wondering if anyone has an answer to this. I notice some people got quicker response for the PBQ after their application submission. I submitted my app in January have not yet heard any response however they provided me with a file number- I hand delivered my app. Would they send me anything indicating I wouldn't be the right candidate? I'm debating to contact the recruiter for an update however I know I should be patient during the waiting period. if anyone has information or advice thanks in advance
I'm in the same boat. They keep you in file for one year which is a polite way of saying we aren't interested until you forget it about it. Durham and some other services will let you know right away if you are moving forward or not. You have to keep in mind, they are getting flooded with applications cause alot of barriers were removed. And the most important thing you should keep in mind is its not impossible to get in, but it is difficult, you are not only competing with other qualified candidates but you are competing with individuals whose father, mother, family friend is part of the organization and is recommending their extended family members in participating. Its a government/municipal position, anyone is gonna utilize any avenue to get that job.

From what I know, they held a session for PBQ after January, I don't know if another one has been organized. I would say its too early to jump to that conclusion but I would take a hard and honest look at your application package and see where you can improve.

Also I would like to know where you are getting your information from that some people got their PBQ faster? Feel free to PM me cause those are usually done in waves.

Good luck my dude.
Last edited by Wingman19 on Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RCMP ON APP Dec 4 2019

SP: Dec16 2019
QA: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suit: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP invite: Sept/20
PEP rec: Sept/20
Med/Psy: :swords:
Municipal apps: On-Going

Slovak4188
Rookie Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Slovak4188 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:54 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:49 pm
terminator wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:05 pm
Hi jus wondering if anyone has an answer to this. I notice some people got quicker response for the PBQ after their application submission. I submitted my app in January have not yet heard any response however they provided me with a file number- I hand delivered my app. Would they send me anything indicating I wouldn't be the right candidate? I'm debating to contact the recruiter for an update however I know I should be patient during the waiting period. if anyone has information or advice thanks in advance
I'm in the same boat. They keep you in file for one year which is a polite way of saying we aren't interested until you forget it about it. Durham and some other services will let you know right away if you are moving forward or not. You have to keep in mind, they are getting flooded with applications cause alot of barriers were removed. And the most important thing you should keep in mind is its not impossible to get in, but it is difficult, you are not only competing with other qualified candidates but you are competing with individuals whose father, mother, family friend is part of the organization and is recommending their extended family members in participating. Its a government/municipal position, every constable or retired constable I spoke to, somebody in their family is going through the process or is part of the organization.

Good luck my dude.
This. I am one of those people whom moved to this country from Eastern Europe many years ago. No connections, no friends whom were in, nothing.

If you're like me, best of luck. It'll take probably just as many tries as it took me....maybe more. Hopefully fewer.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

areci059
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:36 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby areci059 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:16 pm

Hello, can anyone comment on receiving a conditional offer before the psychological interview, background , PVO, PIN and medical ? Is this normal ? I’m sure they would do some background before making an offer to a candidate. Thanks for any feedback

User avatar
Wingman19
Veteran Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Wingman19 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:29 pm

areci059 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:16 pm
Hello, can anyone comment on receiving a conditional offer before the psychological interview, background , PVO, PIN and medical ? Is this normal ? I’m sure they would do some background before making an offer to a candidate. Thanks for any feedback
What?
RCMP ON APP Dec 4 2019

SP: Dec16 2019
QA: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suit: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP invite: Sept/20
PEP rec: Sept/20
Med/Psy: :swords:
Municipal apps: On-Going

areci059
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:36 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby areci059 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:34 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:29 pm
areci059 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:16 pm
Hello, can anyone comment on receiving a conditional offer before the psychological interview, background , PVO, PIN and medical ? Is this normal ? I’m sure they would do some background before making an offer to a candidate. Thanks for any feedback
What?

Did I not word that correctly ( not being rude )? I’m just wondering at what stage is it normal to sign the conditional offer with the staff sergeant of recruiting? Would a super competitive candidate be given an offer before all of that good stuff ?

dalooking
Rookie Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:21 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby dalooking » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:34 pm

areci059 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:16 pm
Hello, can anyone comment on receiving a conditional offer before the psychological interview, background , PVO, PIN and medical ? Is this normal ? I’m sure they would do some background before making an offer to a candidate. Thanks for any feedback
I believe this could be the case if
1) you have other police services chasing you
2) York made you pull your applications with other services with the intention to hire you with the condition you pass the stages listed.

I personally made it to Psych, but did not receive a conditional offer as I would not pull my other applications.

EDIT - You only usually get the conditional after passing everything except medical

areci059
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:36 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby areci059 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:37 pm

dalooking wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:34 pm
areci059 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:16 pm
Hello, can anyone comment on receiving a conditional offer before the psychological interview, background , PVO, PIN and medical ? Is this normal ? I’m sure they would do some background before making an offer to a candidate. Thanks for any feedback
I believe this could be the case if
1) you have other police services chasing you
2) York made you pull your applications with other services with the intention to hire you with the condition you pass the stages listed.

I personally made it to Psych, but did not receive a conditional offer as I would not pull my other applications.
Interesting , I only ask this because this was the case with me . I’m still awestruck that this has happened. I’m just trying to understand the reasoning. Nevertheless I still have all those stages to go through. I have my psych tomorrow.

I would also just want to thank everyone here for sharing their experiences.

dalooking
Rookie Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:21 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby dalooking » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:39 pm

areci059 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:37 pm
dalooking wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:34 pm
areci059 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:16 pm
Hello, can anyone comment on receiving a conditional offer before the psychological interview, background , PVO, PIN and medical ? Is this normal ? I’m sure they would do some background before making an offer to a candidate. Thanks for any feedback
I believe this could be the case if
1) you have other police services chasing you
2) York made you pull your applications with other services with the intention to hire you with the condition you pass the stages listed.

I personally made it to Psych, but did not receive a conditional offer as I would not pull my other applications.
Interesting , I only ask this because this was the case with me . I’m still awestruck that this has happened. I’m just trying to understand the reasoning. Nevertheless I still have all those stages to go through. I have my psych tomorrow.

I would also just want to thank everyone here for sharing their experiences.
You're saying you received you're conditional offer before finishing those stages? That's awesome! I'd think it's because York might be losing recruits to other services as many other services don't do as much testing.

I wish you luck through the rest of the process!

User avatar
Wingman19
Veteran Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Wingman19 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:40 pm

areci059 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:37 pm
dalooking wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:34 pm
areci059 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:16 pm
Hello, can anyone comment on receiving a conditional offer before the psychological interview, background , PVO, PIN and medical ? Is this normal ? I’m sure they would do some background before making an offer to a candidate. Thanks for any feedback
I believe this could be the case if
1) you have other police services chasing you
2) York made you pull your applications with other services with the intention to hire you with the condition you pass the stages listed.

I personally made it to Psych, but did not receive a conditional offer as I would not pull my other applications.
Interesting , I only ask this because this was the case with me . I’m still awestruck that this has happened. I’m just trying to understand the reasoning. Nevertheless I still have all those stages to go through. I have my psych tomorrow.

I would also just want to thank everyone here for sharing their experiences.
Sounds great. You received an offer from York? First time I'm hearing this lol. Good luck with you!
RCMP ON APP Dec 4 2019

SP: Dec16 2019
QA: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suit: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP invite: Sept/20
PEP rec: Sept/20
Med/Psy: :swords:
Municipal apps: On-Going


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Mr.88 and 8 guests