York Regional Police Interview

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Wingman19

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Wingman19 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:26 am

stribor45 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:44 am
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone can answer this question about the application form.
  • Proof that vision and hearing standards have been met. What form can be used for this requirement?
  • There is a question in the form about "Have you ever applied to other police service". Does this include initial applications or only cases where applicant advances in the process?
Thank you
I used my RCMP vision/hearing forms and submitted directly to them. They're asking for proof, I gave them proof. You can use the ones that you get from OACP or from YRP. The problem is that you gotta go back to your optometrist/hearing clinic, have them fill the forms again or on the day of your assessment.

For your second part, list every service you applied for. So yes, initial applications is an application.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP sent: Dec 13 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
recom Dec 16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
App recom: Jan 11
PBQ: Feb 10
RMAQ: Feb ???
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

ontca
Rookie Member

Postby ontca » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:57 am

Wingman19 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:26 am
stribor45 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:44 am
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone can answer this question about the application form.
  • Proof that vision and hearing standards have been met. What form can be used for this requirement?
  • There is a question in the form about "Have you ever applied to other police service". Does this include initial applications or only cases where applicant advances in the process?
Thank you
I used my RCMP vision/hearing forms and submitted directly to them. They're asking for proof, I gave them proof. You can use the ones that you get from OACP or from YRP. The problem is that you gotta go back to your optometrist/hearing clinic, have them fill the forms again or on the day of your assessment.

For your second part, list every service you applied for. So yes, initial applications is an application.
And this totally acceptable to them in the absence of the forms right now on their website. They said that in an information session held last month.

SElizabeth84
Rookie Member

Postby SElizabeth84 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:42 pm

I just submitted my application on Feb. 7th. I also attended the information session on Feb. 8th; I thought it was absolutely fantastic! I think YRP is unique and I was so inspired by what I saw and heard. I really hope this one works out, but I know I have some tough competition.

I wish the best to all going through the process with YRP and please keep us updated!

stribor45
Rookie Member

Postby stribor45 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:22 pm

Thank you Wingman19 and ontca.

Wingman19

Postby Wingman19 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:57 am

SElizabeth84 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:42 pm
I just submitted my application on Feb. 7th. I also attended the information session on Feb. 8th; I thought it was absolutely fantastic! I think YRP is unique and I was so inspired by what I saw and heard. I really hope this one works out, but I know I have some tough competition.

I wish the best to all going through the process with YRP and please keep us updated!
Yup! York is very impressive. All the best to you as well. I submitted my app as well in January and waiting for the initial interview stage. They are just starting to call people in and pushing for the April/May class which I don't think I'll make it in time but you never know!
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP sent: Dec 13 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
recom Dec 16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
App recom: Jan 11
PBQ: Feb 10
RMAQ: Feb ???
Many Municipal apps: On-Going