York Regional Police Interview

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

allinthegame
Rookie Member

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby allinthegame » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:01 pm

Hey all,

Recently had my first ever ECI and was unsuccessful and now have to wait 3 months before I can do it with another service. I have read that York doesn't use the ECI, rather a blended interview. Can anyone confirm this? It's a big vague on the website.

future7
Rookie Member

Postby future7 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:33 am

allinthegame wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:01 pm
Hey all,

Recently had my first ever ECI and was unsuccessful and now have to wait 3 months before I can do it with another service. I have read that York doesn't use the ECI, rather a blended interview. Can anyone confirm this? It's a big vague on the website.
Hey,

York does their own Values Based Interview so as far as i know you should be good with York. However, make sure you disclose it if you have been given an interview by York.

allinthegame
Rookie Member

Postby allinthegame » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:48 pm

future7 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:33 am
allinthegame wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:01 pm
Hey all,

Hey,

York does their own Values Based Interview so as far as i know you should be good with York. However, make sure you disclose it if you have been given an interview by York.
Thanks! Applied today so we’ll see how it goes. Best of luck to you in the process.

future7
Rookie Member

Postby future7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:51 pm

Did anyone successfully complete PBQ on February 19th and received a call to book an interview yet?

LeoLeoi
Rookie Member

Postby LeoLeoi » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Hi guys, Sorry for reviving the Topic.
I just read all the 37 pages, lots and lots on info ... but I am not sure about what is still updated and what is not.

I am applying tomorrow for the YRP (was waiting my ATS) and I know that currently they are looking for the Spring class which starts on April, and I am way over the timeline, however last employment info session the Staff Sargent told me "we are becoming really good on this hiring process and you may have time", so I guess if everything goes well and they really like my profile, I may have chance to complete the whole process in a few weeks... in case it happens, I must be prepared for all those interviews and pbq sections...
any currently, ultimate advice for the PBQ and interviews that I could use for now?
Thank you!
Applied- YRP - (April 2019)
PBQ- YRP - (May 2019)- Complete - Waiting Results
Interview- YRP - Pending
Psych- YRP - Pending

kellylihomes

Postby kellylihomes » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:07 pm

LeoLeoi wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:09 pm
Hi guys, Sorry for reviving the Topic.
I just read all the 37 pages, lots and lots on info ... but I am not sure about what is still updated and what is not.

I am applying tomorrow for the YRP (was waiting my ATS) and I know that currently they are looking for the Spring class which starts on April, and I am way over the timeline, however last employment info session the Staff Sargent told me "we are becoming really good on this hiring process and you may have time", so I guess if everything goes well and they really like my profile, I may have chance to complete the whole process in a few weeks... in case it happens, I must be prepared for all those interviews and pbq sections...
any currently, ultimate advice for the PBQ and interviews that I could use for now?
Thank you!
I think if they really like you, definitely you still have chance to get in!

Do as much research as possible, be honest and be yourself! Do your best to improve your resume! Good luck!
CBSA GTA Applicant
Applied: August 2018
OTEE: September 2018 (passes)
Interview: December 2018 (passed)
PARE: January 2019 (passed)
Psy Evaluation: April 2019 (passed)
Security paper: May 2019

kellylihomes

Postby kellylihomes » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Can someone tell me if YRP will asks to withdrawal applications with other agency at some point of the process? Your reply will be appreciated.
CBSA GTA Applicant
Applied: August 2018
OTEE: September 2018 (passes)
Interview: December 2018 (passed)
PARE: January 2019 (passed)
Psy Evaluation: April 2019 (passed)
Security paper: May 2019

Rob4613
Rookie Member

Postby Rob4613 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:09 pm

kellylihomes wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:58 pm
Can someone tell me if YRP will asks to withdrawal applications with other agency at some point of the process? Your reply will be appreciated.
They don't directly tell you to withdraw, but indirectly make it understood that they'd rather be your sole focus

prokes

Postby prokes » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:39 pm

kellylihomes wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:58 pm
I'm not sure but unless you have an offer from YRP in front of you I wouldn't withdrawal from anywhere else.

JFont10
Rookie Member

Postby JFont10 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:52 am

RobLScott wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:13 am
Just got the invitation to attend a BPQ and written essay session on April 11th. Anybody else get invited to this one?
Hey Rob, I got an invite to the one this coming Thursday April. 4th. Best of luck when you go!

co1411vh
Rookie Member

Postby co1411vh » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:23 am

Anybody going through the YRP process only make it through half the interview due to going over time, and then told they will call you back in to finish in the future if you’re approved by hiring seargent ?

LeoLeoi
Rookie Member

Postby LeoLeoi » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 pm

Anyone on the current YRP process?
I applied on April 8th but still got no answer, even for the PBQ.
For the former applicants, usually how is the process timeline?

Any tips for the PBQ and interview?
Applied- YRP - (April 2019)
PBQ- YRP - (May 2019)- Complete - Waiting Results
Interview- YRP - Pending
Psych- YRP - Pending

Levia5
Rookie Member

Postby Levia5 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:29 am

LeoLeoi wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 pm
Anyone on the current YRP process?
I applied on April 8th but still got no answer, even for the PBQ.
For the former applicants, usually how is the process timeline?

Any tips for the PBQ and interview?
Hi LeoLeoi,

I also applied during that week. No answer yet.
I am under the impression that they are moving through the paperwork in preparation for the next class.
Let's keep in touch via PM - I'd also like to know how others are doing through this time of waiting!

Cheers,
Levia5

2019applicant
Rookie Member

Postby 2019applicant » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:04 pm

Wondering if anyone is currently waiting for results from the interview / the average time it takes to hear back?

Had mine in March and have yet to hear back.

Thanks

Cosmo

Postby Cosmo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:10 am

Planning on applying within a few weeks, I've heard they are pretty quick in the process.
OPP
Applied: Jan 19'
LFI: March 19'
BGI/Medical: April 19'
Home interview: April 19'
Psych/Sigma: April 19'