OPP Auxiliary

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
ArnpriorRelic
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:48 pm
Location: Arnprior, Ontario
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby ArnpriorRelic » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Long-time lurker here.. I first would like to thank all of the posters, since the information gathered from these forums have been invaluable for my OPP Auxiliary application attempts.

I last applied last August, and had my home interview mid-December. For others that had their home interviews around that timeframe, has anyone heard back yet as to whether they have made it to the next phase?

I have found the whole (application) process to be great. I am ~5 years away from retirement (Cyber Defence work), and have been with the same employer for 30+ years, so my interview skills needed significant dusting-off. I am on my 3rd application attempt, trying to round out my overall security skillset..

--ArnpriorRelic

celi_lomb
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:42 am
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby celi_lomb » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:40 pm

Next class is in March 27th - April 3rd. Anyone get their letter of acceptance yet? Recruiting said I will most likely be in that class but have to receive my letter to be 100%. Still waiting... :alright:

Fonthill
Veteran Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby Fonthill » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:03 pm

ArnpriorRelic wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:51 pm
Long-time lurker here.. I first would like to thank all of the posters, since the information gathered from these forums have been invaluable for my OPP Auxiliary application attempts.

I last applied last August, and had my home interview mid-December. For others that had their home interviews around that timeframe, has anyone heard back yet as to whether they have made it to the next phase?

I have found the whole (application) process to be great. I am ~5 years away from retirement (Cyber Defence work), and have been with the same employer for 30+ years, so my interview skills needed significant dusting-off. I am on my 3rd application attempt, trying to round out my overall security skillset..

--ArnpriorRelic

Nice to see somebody that actually wants to volunteer and just not use this as a reference for policing and to give back to the community.

Focus on your life skills. Security skills mean s@@t
Life experience is the most important quality they are looking for.

When you talk in the interview
S
T
A
R

Use that format.

When you talk when you get an interview next. Talk about. I did this. I did that. I handle it this way. I reported that way. I took action. I brought the security issue.

JJer
Rookie Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:40 am
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby JJer » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:13 pm

celi_lomb wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:40 pm
Next class is in March 27th - April 3rd. Anyone get their letter of acceptance yet? Recruiting said I will most likely be in that class but have to receive my letter to be 100%. Still waiting... :alright:
I am done all my process since beginning of Jan and haven’t heard anything yet or received any letter. Hopefully hear something soon.Could you Let me know when you get your letter if you don’t mind so hopefully it gives me an idea of when I would get one if I’m In fact getting one at all.

celi_lomb
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:42 am
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby celi_lomb » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:25 am

JJer wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:13 pm
celi_lomb wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:40 pm
Next class is in March 27th - April 3rd. Anyone get their letter of acceptance yet? Recruiting said I will most likely be in that class but have to receive my letter to be 100%. Still waiting... :alright:
I am done all my process since beginning of Jan and haven’t heard anything yet or received any letter. Hopefully hear something soon.Could you Let me know when you get your letter if you don’t mind so hopefully it gives me an idea of when I would get one if I’m In fact getting one at all.
Yeah I finished in December and still waiting, but yeah I will let you know!

SouthernONDude
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby SouthernONDude » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:10 pm

celi_lomb wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:25 am
JJer wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:13 pm
celi_lomb wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:40 pm
Next class is in March 27th - April 3rd. Anyone get their letter of acceptance yet? Recruiting said I will most likely be in that class but have to receive my letter to be 100%. Still waiting... :alright:
I am done all my process since beginning of Jan and haven’t heard anything yet or received any letter. Hopefully hear something soon.Could you Let me know when you get your letter if you don’t mind so hopefully it gives me an idea of when I would get one if I’m In fact getting one at all.
Yeah I finished in December and still waiting, but yeah I will let you know!
Hey we're supposed to get an email than an official letter apparently... I'm still waiting on confirmation from Orillia but I'm hoping to be in the March class.
Fmr. Crime Prevention Volunteer
Aux. O.P.P. Constable Recruit 2020
Home Interview: Complete
Awaiting final decision: Accepted
2020/04/23 Acceptance letter received.

JJer
Rookie Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:40 am
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby JJer » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:59 pm

Alright good to know I’m not the only one in the dark at this point. I will come here with any updates .

ArnpriorRelic
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:48 pm
Location: Arnprior, Ontario
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby ArnpriorRelic » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:23 pm

Just received by "official invitation to the upcoming Auxiliary Recruit Training Course" via email..

Thanks again for all of you who have posted content in this thread - it has been a fantastic resource to draw from. It has taken me 3+ years to get this far, but it has been a great experience...

--ArnpriorRelic
Last edited by ArnpriorRelic on Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

celi_lomb
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:42 am
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby celi_lomb » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Received my offer. See you guys in March hopefully :) Super pumped

KC22
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:46 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby KC22 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone received notification that their background has started. I did my psych and written test in December and haven’t heard back yet. I’m aware it would take a bit longer than expected due to the constable selection going on right now.

SouthernONDude
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby SouthernONDude » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:12 pm

So I've had my home interview, background, psych .etc. but I still haven't received an offer for training... I did not receive a deferral letter either. What gives?
Fmr. Crime Prevention Volunteer
Aux. O.P.P. Constable Recruit 2020
Home Interview: Complete
Awaiting final decision: Accepted
2020/04/23 Acceptance letter received.

SouthernONDude
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby SouthernONDude » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:13 pm

JJer wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:59 pm
Alright good to know I’m not the only one in the dark at this point. I will come here with any updates .
Have you received anything?
Fmr. Crime Prevention Volunteer
Aux. O.P.P. Constable Recruit 2020
Home Interview: Complete
Awaiting final decision: Accepted
2020/04/23 Acceptance letter received.

JJer
Rookie Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:40 am
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby JJer » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:48 pm

SouthernONDude wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:13 pm
JJer wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:59 pm
Alright good to know I’m not the only one in the dark at this point. I will come here with any updates .
Have you received anything?
Nope nothing. Thinking next class maybe?

ArnpriorRelic
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:48 pm
Location: Arnprior, Ontario
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby ArnpriorRelic » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:29 am

Just got the expected call from Orillia - the upcoming Aux. class has been postponed. Details will be forthcoming in an email. This is unfortunate, but expected, given the current situation..

--ArnpriorRelic

celi_lomb
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:42 am
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby celi_lomb » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:31 am

ArnpriorRelic wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:29 am
Just got the expected call from Orillia - the upcoming Aux. class has been postponed. Details will be forthcoming in an email. This is unfortunate, but expected, given the current situation..

--ArnpriorRelic
Yup, was just going to inform everyone. It is for the best. Better safe than sorry I guess. But still super unfortunate:(


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], ktb89 and 10 guests