OPP Auxiliary

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Rwjw12
Rookie Member

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby Rwjw12 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:13 am

elonmuskforpm wrote:Had LFI on May 29th and received confirmation of pass on June 13th. I handed in my current COR to skip the PATI and advance to the psychological testing. Haven't heard anything since then. Is this a normal timeline or should I be getting in touch with my local detachment?
My process took about 1.5 years from application to graduation. Only about 11 months from interview to graduation. But can vary based on detachment and region. In my region testing dates are few and far between. It's frustrating on both sides as it's an unnecessary delay. But after the interview stage, your local detachment is no longer involved in your process. They merely receive updates on your progress.
Some people have 20 years experience, while others have 1 year of experience 20 times over.

Leeworthy
Grand Poobah

Postby Leeworthy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:59 am

Oh ok. I didn’t know that. Maybe I’ll wait to book a PATI through ATS then. I still haven’t received anything from the OPP ref my application I dropped off. So in the meantime I have applied for the RCMP.

I figure why not. I was going to wait 2 years or so, try out OPP Aux and then if I enjoyed it apply for regular Constable but decided to jump in with both feet while I wait.
RCMP
Application submitted 6 Sept 2018
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19

duartepe
Rookie Member

Postby duartepe » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Hey Everyone,

Any Updates for Fall CLASS this October 19-26?

As for my status Im waiting for BGI and home interview but havent heard from them yet.
Anyone who's in the same boat?

Rwjw12
Rookie Member

Postby Rwjw12 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:46 pm

duartepe wrote:Hey Everyone,

As for my status Im waiting for BGI and home interview but havent heard from them yet.
Backgrounds were due in late August for October's class. If you haven't heard anything yet then you're looking at the spring class, most likely in March.
Some people have 20 years experience, while others have 1 year of experience 20 times over.

duartepe
Rookie Member

Postby duartepe » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:10 pm

Rwjw12 wrote:

Backgrounds were due in late August for October's class. If you haven't heard anything yet then you're looking at the spring class, most likely in March.
Did you receive your offer?

Rwjw12
Rookie Member

Postby Rwjw12 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:14 pm

duartepe wrote:
Rwjw12 wrote:

Did you receive your offer?
I'm on already. I'm involved in recruiting for my unit, that's how I know the deadline for the BGI has passed for October's class.

Jett_Johnson
Rookie Member

Postby Jett_Johnson » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:07 pm

Hello all,

I passed my panel-interview in March 2018. I write my PATI and Psych tests on October 5th. I was speaking to one of my references, he said that he was already contacted in regards to the position. This happened in July. I thought references were to be contacted after the successful completion of the aptitude tests? Are home interviews mandatory for the application process? I am wondering if they are trying to accelerate the application process?

Best regards,
Jett.
OPP Auxiliary
Application: November 7/17
Interview: March 3/18
PATI & Psych: October 5/18
BGI: December 23/18
Home visit: March 3/19
Recruit course: July 26/19

Leeworthy
Grand Poobah

Postby Leeworthy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:54 pm

Just received an email stating interviews were being held soon and at that time I would be contacted to come in for one. Things are moving along. Question though. I have applied for the RCMP since applying to the OPP Auxiliary program. Since the application process for RCMP can take years, would it still be beneficial for me to proceed through the OPP process? I am very interested still and look forward to either one
RCMP
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19

Leeworthy
Grand Poobah

Postby Leeworthy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:04 am

Panel interview was a success. I guess testing is next in November. Things are moving along!
RCMP
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19

HwyMartin
Veteran Member

Postby HwyMartin » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:28 am

Jett_Johnson wrote:Hello all,

I passed my panel-interview in March 2018. I write my PATI and Psych tests on October 5th. I was speaking to one of my references, he said that he was already contacted in regards to the position. This happened in July. I thought references were to be contacted after the successful completion of the aptitude tests? Are home interviews mandatory for the application process? I am wondering if they are trying to accelerate the application process?

Best regards,
Jett.
Currently the hiring process for Auxiliaries is administered by whichever detachment you applied for. Due to this, the order of how things go can vary and also the amount of time each step takes depends on the need for new Auxiliaries at that detachment. A home interview is a part of the Auxiliary application process.

Good luck!

elonmuskforpm
Rookie Member

Postby elonmuskforpm » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:15 am

Leeworthy wrote:Panel interview was a success. I guess testing is next in November. Things are moving along!
Congrats on passing the interview. I was curious if you had been told that testing will be in November? I had my panel interview in May (successful) and hold a valid COR but I am still waiting for the psych test portion. I'll keep an eye on the mailbox.

Leeworthy
Grand Poobah

Postby Leeworthy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:14 pm

elonmuskforpm wrote:
Leeworthy wrote:Panel interview was a success. I guess testing is next in November. Things are moving along!
Congrats on passing the interview. I was curious if you had been told that testing will be in November? I had my panel interview in May (successful) and hold a valid COR but I am still waiting for the psych test portion. I'll keep an eye on the mailbox.
Awesome! From what I was told, testing is in November and from there if successful move onto bgi and that is all is well expect to be at OPC by June or so.
RCMP
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19

duartepe
Rookie Member

Postby duartepe » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:14 pm

HwyMartin wrote:
Jett_Johnson wrote:Hello all,

Best regards,
Jett.
Currently the hiring process for Auxiliaries is administered by whichever detachment you applied for. Due to this, the order of how things go can vary and also the amount of time each step takes depends on the need for new Auxiliaries at that detachment. A home interview is a part of the Auxiliary application process.

Good luck!

They Contacted one of my reference as well after panel interview but during the BGI, your bginvestigator will as for your references vacant schedule to talk, also next to that he/she will visit your current employer, next is home interview

Leeworthy
Grand Poobah

Postby Leeworthy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:41 am

Wow, they actually visit with your current employer/supervisor? Interesting, I thought they would just have a nice in depth conversation over the phone!
RCMP
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19

larderland
Rookie Member

Postby larderland » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:41 am

subbie wrote:
Jett_Johnson wrote:
subbie wrote:To shed light on the PATI portion of the Aux testing it is very similar yes. If you are applying and have a valid C.O.R from ATS at the time the test takes place then you are exempt from writing the one for Aux. However you will still be required to complete the Pysch test. Both tests are administered at the same time. Pati first then the Psych. Your head hurts on your drive home haha.

Although you may not be required to re-do the C.O.R when applying to become a regular member during that process at some in the OPP process I believe they still make you do the sigma test.... I think... Its administered with the written psych portion.

For the other poster who said they applied in Aug. and received a letter saying it was received but nothing has happened as of yet, and for all those wondering, It could just be that they currently do not have available positions to be filled. That particular detachment that is. As members retire, come and go and spots become available, they will reach out to you to start the process if your selected based on competitiveness.

For anyone going to the autoshow this weekend or throughout next week I will be there as well as a number of other Aux. members. Feel free to stop and chat. I know anyone of us will be happy to answer questions. Uniform recruitment is there Tuesday. I know I am going back Tuesday afternoon into the evening as I just re certified my C.O.R and will be applying in 2 weeks.
Hello there, I am new to this forum. I have passed my interview with the OPP Auxiliary in Thunder Bay. The Aux Sgt. wants me to do the PATI and Psych at the end of this month. What do you recommend I do for studying... I have taken tests on Applicant coaching services, I took the hardest test and passed with only a 51%. I am starting to think I won't be able to pass the PATI...
Wheels 28 has a good suggestion.

I've re certified my COR twice. I used police prep. It provides specific study material for a variety of tests weather it be Federal, provincial policing, corrections etc. I studied for 2-3 hours 5 times a week for about 3-4 weeks prior to writing and had no issues passing the PATI. Usually completing it with about 15 mins to spare and re check some of my answers. I suggest Police prep. A number of people have used it. When you complete a learning module or test it will grade it for you. It also shows you a specific break down as to how to create and use mathematical equations to solve word problems. It has mapping modules, syllogisms, basic to advanced math, everything you need.

To touch on the pysch assessment - Simply read and answer the questions at face value. Do not spend time analyzing it, or reading deeply into the questions or answering it how you think they want it to be answered. I will not touch on specifics of the test or provide exact questions but a common concern is a question I get asked about if you enjoy or like small kids. Something along those lines. I personally have a daughter. I like/love my daughter. I answer yes. I don't read into it or think "jeez if I say yes they will think I am stranger who hangs around schools". Read it at face value, answer and move on. Should take you 1.5 to 2 hrs max to answer all 500 plus questions. if your there for 4 hours (the test isnt timed BTW) then your probably going about it the wrong way.

Also if you have completed a pysch assessment for the regular constable process before, it will not be used or referenced to my knowledge. The two tests - although the same test are graded differently. It is two separate processes. Not one in the same. Working in different capacities. Sworn member vs volunteer member. Just FYI because people usually ask about if they have to do it again. Yes you do

sorry if this is a stupid question, but did you use ** links removed ** Do not post links again!

Are they both same, both packages are the same price...