OPP Auxiliary

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby Slovak4188 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:56 pm

noobxcamper wrote:
I love how he just conveniently fleeces past the posts by actual officers....coincidence? I think not lol.
I'm not simply skipping over your comments because you're an LEO, but because they are not helpful in any way, shape or form. Like I mentioned before, I have changed my application and made it as 100% accurate to the best of my knowledge, and after thought I actually did not go through with the entire application because I want to be at my competitive best like others have suggested. I have taken action to remedy this by starting to volunteer for my local food bank and also in line for an interview for my local crime stoppers. In addition to being completely unhelpful, the holier than thou attitude is another reason why I looked over your comments. And I do apologize for offending your sensibilities or any other reader or LEO/Auxiliary who came across my post as that was not my intention.
It doesnt matter what kind of volunteering but I would suggest a volunteering where you can build your Interpersonal Skill, Leadership skill, Communication, Physical etc. You can try HabitatforHumanityGTA, we have an ongoing construction right now at Mclaughlin Brampton, Here it is more on physical (you dont need a construction background, we will teach you), communication and leadership. Let me know or sign up and volunteer, ask for Peter if youre on the site, that's me.. Anyways Go for it, you can do it, It'll all worth for a 30+ years career. Goodluck.
I believe I have actually come across Habitat For Humanity as I was looking for opportunities. Good to know you're part of that as well. I will be looking into it a little more but I really do appreciate your help, encouragement and professionalism.
I had a very long post here, but I will cut it down to a few points:

1) . You decided to change the paperwork because you got called out, don't piss in the wind and tell me it's raining.
2) . I actually gave you the best advice here, which is you aren't ready. If you honestly believe that after admitting that you couldn't even be honest on a sheet of paper that you are somehow ready to carry a gun and badge, then may baby jesus bless your soul and keep you far away from my service.
3) . Please, PLEASE go up to an officer who has a badge during your interviews or pre-training (assuming you ever get in) and call them holier than thou after hearing something you didn't agree with or like. In front of your S/Sgt and Sgt.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

noobxcamper
Rookie Member

Postby noobxcamper » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:48 am

I had a very long post here, but I will cut it down to a few points:

1) . You decided to change the paperwork because you got called out, don't piss in the wind and tell me it's raining.
2) . I actually gave you the best advice here, which is you aren't ready. If you honestly believe that after admitting that you couldn't even be honest on a sheet of paper that you are somehow ready to carry a gun and badge, then may baby jesus bless your soul and keep you far away from my service.
3) . Please, PLEASE go up to an officer who has a badge during your interviews or pre-training (assuming you ever get in) and call them holier than thou after hearing something you didn't agree with or like. In front of your S/Sgt and Sgt.
1). Correct, it was a wake up call that made me rethink my decision and weight the possibility of never becoming an LEO because of something like that. I never denied that, I actually own up to it and let it be a learning experience for myself and others. I also like the "don't piss in the wind and tell me it's raining" because that was funny.

2). Technically since I am not going through with it anymore, I am following your advice in a way even though the decision was not influenced by your advice. I just wish you would have given pointers as how to be ready in your opinion as an LEO, that would've been great. But what you said on its own, I just don't think it was necessarily the best, and I'm sure we'll agree to disagree on this.

3). I said that you have a holier than thou attitude because the way you said what you said came off the wrong way. I just think it could've been better put in a different way.

Anyways, I don't really want to argue with you because this can keep going on forever. I think that as adults we can bury the hatchet and move on and may baby Jesus keep me away from your service, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you haha :)

Toonces
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Toonces » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:44 am

If your first instinct is to LIE on an application, this career isn't for you.

I am shaking my head at people encouraging you. Clearly they're not on the job, or they wouldn't be giving you any sort of advice other than to change your career goals.
I will NOT respond to PMs from those not belonging to the private side.

noobxcamper
Rookie Member

Postby noobxcamper » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:32 pm

Toonces wrote:If your first instinct is to LIE on an application, this career isn't for you.

I am shaking my head at people encouraging you. Clearly they're not on the job, or they wouldn't be giving you any sort of advice other than to change your career goals.
I think it's grossly unfair for you to judge a person based on one thing they did. But then again, thankfully I don't have to prove anything to you and while your comments are disheartening it still won't stop me from achieving my goal.

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:35 pm

noobxcamper wrote:
Toonces wrote:If your first instinct is to LIE on an application, this career isn't for you.

I think it's grossly unfair for you to judge a person based on one thing they did. But then again, thankfully I don't have to prove anything to you and while your comments are disheartening it still won't stop me from achieving my goal.
Well, seeing as you lied on a police document AND also got fired for something you won't mention (I can take a good guess as to what it was), you aren't exactly painting yourself in a great light and that's just what we know. You are likely one of "those" guys.

Additionally, you're going to have to put this site and your username on your application. I heavily doubt any of these posts you've made paint you in a particularly positive light to recruiting. Good thing everything here is also archived so if you delete your profile, everything will still be here and they have your email, which will also have to go on your applications.

Good luck (there you go mouthing off again to an officer from the peanut gallery, unbelievable).
"Hard truths cut both ways"

noobxcamper
Rookie Member

Postby noobxcamper » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:12 pm

Well, seeing as you lied on a police document AND also got fired for something you won't mention (I can take a good guess as to what it was), you aren't exactly painting yourself in a great light and that's just what we know. You are likely one of "those" guys.

Additionally, you're going to have to put this site and your username on your application. I heavily doubt any of these posts you've made paint you in a particularly positive light to recruiting. Good thing everything here is also archived so if you delete your profile, everything will still be here and they have your email, which will also have to go on your applications.

Good luck (there you go mouthing off again to an officer from the peanut gallery, unbelievable)

With all due respect, I completely disagree with you. You want to keep holding my feet to the fire because of a mistake I have already apologized for and corrected? Then by all means, go for it. I know what I have done and I'm taking full responsibility for it. I think everybody deserves a second chance and as I mentioned, I think it's unfair for you to judge me based on this. Nobody's perfect, we all make mistakes.

For the record, I have NO intention of deleting my profile. If anything it will show the steps I have taken to become a better person which is something I want the recruiter to know. I also will come back here once I become an LEO and you will be the first to know so you can congratulate me :D. It might take a while, but I'll let you know when it happens, because now I want it even more.

With all that said, you can keep beating a dead horse if you'd like, but I am no longer interested in this discussion/debate as mentioned in one of my previous posts to you. Have a good day and stay safe.

duartepe
Rookie Member

Postby duartepe » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:46 pm

Why shaking your head to the people encouraging him? He's trying to make a change here and be on his competitive best. Why not give the guy a helpful way to his problem and not judge him. He didnt hesitate to tell us about his application and what he did, clearly he is seeking advice, and not judgement... simple as that just my 2cents

Toonces
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Toonces » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:16 am

Deception is a not a mistake.
I will NOT respond to PMs from those not belonging to the private side.

subbie

Postby subbie » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:21 pm

For those interested

I believe the OPP is having a recruit symposium that you must apply to through the OPP careers web page.

Highway Safety Division Recruitment Symposium

Location Toronto OPP Detachment-2682 Keele Street, Ontario
Date: 2018-Sept -8th
Time: 7am to 6pm

Are you interested in a career with the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP)?

Are you willing to work in the Greater Toronto Region (Toronto, Port Credit, Aurora)?

Do you have your Certificate of Results (COR)?

If yes, join us for the OPP Highway Safety Division Symposium on Sept 08, 2018 at Toronto OPP Detachment.

Through a one day Constable Information Session, attendees will have the opportunity to gain knowledge, insight and helpful advice relating to the OPP Recruitment Process. The day will also include a mentoring session with our Outreach Liaison and Uniform Recruiters, the opportunity to complete a Pre-Background Questionnaire as well as exposure to several guest speakers from our various specialized units!

Attendees successful in the process will be scheduled for their Local Focus Interview (LFI) in the days following the Symposium.

*Do you meet the following requirements?

*Completed post-secondary education with a grade average of 75% or higher?

*Currently involved in your community with a history of community involvement?

*Have a dedication to fitness and a healthy lifestyle and able to pass Fitness Pin components upon hire?

*Fully prepared to potentially be in the January 2019 Recruit Class?

If you answered YES to the above questions, you may be a strong candidate for the Highway Safety Division Symposium.

To apply, download the application at http://www.opp.ca/careers and submit it along with two weeks' worth of Fitness Logs to opp.recruit@opp.ca no later than 5:00pm August 5, 2018. Successful candidates will be sent further information regarding the application process.

Just passing on the info for those interested. If you have previously applied and been deferred for a 1 year period, and you are still in that 1 year time frame, I would not apply. FYI
SPECIAL CONSTABLE
OPP Auxiliary Member

Leeworthy
Grand Poobah

Postby Leeworthy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:29 pm

well, let's get back on to the good stuff here. Dropped off my application on July 9th. Just awaiting something in the mail. I guess taking this long, no news is good news right? lol
RCMP
Application submitted 6 Sept 2018
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19

elonmuskforpm
Rookie Member

Postby elonmuskforpm » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:43 pm

Had LFI on May 29th and received confirmation of pass on June 13th. I handed in my current COR to skip the PATI and advance to the psychological testing. Haven't heard anything since then. Is this a normal timeline or should I be getting in touch with my local detachment?

Leeworthy
Grand Poobah

Postby Leeworthy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:37 am

Is it the full PATI that you have to do? Or is it a different one for Auxiliary? I was just wondering, because if it is, I might as well just go and book a PATI through ATS? Or do they cover the costs of it because it is a volunteer position?
RCMP
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19

subbie

Postby subbie » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:24 am

Its a full PATI that gets done. Get your ATS anyway its good to have.

Full process can take up to a year.

Mine was 10 months when I got on.

If you do not hear anything for a few weeks just wait. They WILL contact you at some point. Could be longer. For testing there are only so many books to use and they are shared province wide. So some of the wait time (months) could just be that the detachment can not get the material to administer (PATI and PSYCH) the test. There is also a long wait to get the PSYCH results back. Just food for thought.
SPECIAL CONSTABLE
OPP Auxiliary Member

Leeworthy
Grand Poobah

Postby Leeworthy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:38 am

Awesome. Thanks for the information. It is much appreciated. Guess I should try and get some time off work and book testing through ATS. Been doing police prep for almost a year now online. I can ace almost everything except for that damned math.
RCMP
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19

Rwjw12
Rookie Member

Postby Rwjw12 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:03 am

Leeworthy wrote:Is it the full PATI that you have to do? Or is it a different one for Auxiliary? I was just wondering, because if it is, I might as well just go and book a PATI through ATS? Or do they cover the costs of it because it is a volunteer position?
Only do your ATS if you're willing to pay for the entire process and to renew your PREP every 6 months. The PATI for the Auxiliary process is free and done in house. That being said it has nothing to do with ATS and you would still be required to complete the PATI with ATS when going for your COR.
Some people have 20 years experience, while others have 1 year of experience 20 times over.