OPP Auxiliary

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

duartepe
Rookie Member

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby duartepe » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:35 pm

Just my curiousity. . . Is anyone here transitioned from aux to sworn officer? how long do you need commit prior to regular member?

rosario.thobias
Rookie Member

Postby rosario.thobias » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:32 am

I'm an OPP auxiliary applicant waiting to submit forms for background check.
For employment history, do I need to include all restaurant jobs I had while I went to the university ?

subbie

Postby subbie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:04 pm

Read the forms carefully. They will tell you what you need to include. I believe when filling out the job history paperwork it says to include every position you've ever had since the beginning of your work history. Which means yes. You would need to include those jobs.

When my background was done prior to joining the PC assigned to my file met in person my previous supervisors and conducted 1 hour interviews with my last 5 years of employment history.

He even met with management from my place of volunteering. The PC then called the rest listed dating back as far as 2003.

and for the other poster, plenty of individuals have made the flip from Aux. to PC. Plenty.
SPECIAL CONSTABLE
OPP Auxiliary Member

rosario.thobias
Rookie Member

Postby rosario.thobias » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:23 pm

Thanks for your reply.
My only issue is, I don't have a record of my start date and end dates. Any advice on that ? I can fill in an approximate start and end date.
Also, I see that background check was done on your volunteering work too. I have volunteered with another Police organization. So should I include that as well to add some weightage to my profile or is it just optional ?

subbie

Postby subbie » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:49 am

rosario.thobias wrote:Thanks for your reply.
My only issue is, I don't have a record of my start date and end dates. Any advice on that ? I can fill in an approximate start and end date.
Also, I see that background check was done on your volunteering work too. I have volunteered with another Police organization. So should I include that as well to add some weightage to my profile or is it just optional ?
For yourself and others reading... Do not leave anything out. Include it all. Volunteering, work, etc. Put everything, every little detail into the paperwork. If you had police contact... include it. Arrested and released back when... include it. Even if you were not charged. Every driving interaction you've had with police involvement weather you were issued a ticket or not... include it. You can jump and touch the moon.. include it... then teach me how too.

For your previous jobs... They (your previous employer) have record of your start and end date. Call them. I worked at zellers for maybe 2 months back when. 2003ish I think... zellers doesn't exist anymore. I could not remember exact dates but I knew Hudson Bay Company owned and operated zellers. So I called a Bay. They hooked me up with someone from H.R... HBC still had a record of my employment and I got the dates. A little leg work and self investigating will find you the answers you require.

Good luck
SPECIAL CONSTABLE
OPP Auxiliary Member

No 20 Year Medal
Poobah Overlord

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:07 pm

Just idly surfing the interweb and stumbled across this little gem from 1968. I'm guessing that 98% of you on here hadn't even been born yet :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meJ_pTfGJPA
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

rosario.thobias
Rookie Member

Postby rosario.thobias » Tue May 01, 2018 6:56 pm

I submitted my background investigation docs in the last week of March. Still haven't heard anything back. I was not born in Canada. Maybe that's why its taking long to get the necessary checks completed. Fingers crossed !!!

duartepe
Rookie Member

Postby duartepe » Thu May 03, 2018 6:26 pm

rosario.thobias wrote:I submitted my background investigation docs in the last week of March. Still haven't heard anything back. I was not born in Canada. Maybe that's why its taking long to get the necessary checks completed. Fingers crossed !!!
I just submitted my personal history, pbq and screening form today. Did they tell you when is the next class?

WorkHard01
Rookie Member

Postby WorkHard01 » Sun May 20, 2018 4:42 pm

Hello,

Could anyone tell me about what to expect fitness wise during our week of training in Orillia? Anything would help!

Thank you.

RPL79

Postby RPL79 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:42 am

If you're a person who is already a gym rat and good runner, you wont have any issues. If you are like me, and you had to train specifically for this, make sure you can run a 5k without issues, and you are ready for some decent workouts.

duartepe
Rookie Member

Postby duartepe » Thu May 31, 2018 5:51 pm

Personal History: Done
PBQ: Done
Screening form: Done
Medical/Vision: Done
Measurement for: Done
Fingerprints: Done

Anyone here on the same boat? Anyone here who received a call for BGI?

newfieby1
Rookie Member

Postby newfieby1 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:46 pm

duartepe wrote:Personal History: Done

Same boat as you are! Sent my complete package in and got a confirmation email! Waiting game again

duartepe
Rookie Member

Postby duartepe » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:23 pm

newfieby1 wrote:

Same boat as you are! Sent my complete package in and got a confirmation email! Waiting game again

Nice! Did they tell you when is the class in Orilla?

newfieby1
Rookie Member

Postby newfieby1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:20 pm

duartepe wrote:
newfieby1 wrote:

Nice! Did they tell you when is the class in Orilla?

They didn't tell me but I've heard there one later this month and another in later October! Be nice to get the June class but October is more realistic I think

duartepe
Rookie Member

Postby duartepe » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:47 pm

They didn't tell me but I've heard there one later this month and another in later October! Be nice to get the June class but October is more realistic I think[/quote]

I asked them today and they said there's June 22-29 class and Oct 19-26 claa and offers for the fall will be around late summer.