OPP Auxiliary

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
bunkergorilla519
Rookie Member

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby bunkergorilla519 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Well its official I have submitted my application to my local detachment today!
OPP AUXILIARY
Submitted: Dec 13,2017
PI:June 27, 2018
PATI:Awaiting
Home Interview:Awaiting
Psych: Awaiting

bunkergorilla519
Rookie Member

Postby bunkergorilla519 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:33 pm

anyone else apply as of lately? Let me know!
OPP AUXILIARY

Galadriel0718
Rookie Member

Postby Galadriel0718 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:15 pm

bunkergorilla519 wrote:anyone else apply as of lately? Let me know!

Thinking about submitting - only hesitation is any of life's hurdles that may pop up over the next year or so that may affect my ability to be an aux member with my current career!
Former SBSO turned full-time BSO. I've been through it all and happy to share my experiences with others looking to get into CSBA as a temporary or full-time career.

luisacosta
Rookie Member

Postby luisacosta » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:38 pm

Galadriel0718 wrote:

Thinking about submitting - only hesitation is any of life's hurdles that may pop up over the next year or so that may affect my ability to be an aux member with my current career!

If you really want to become an auxiliary with OPP, nothing will stand in your way.

HwyMartin
Rookie Member

Postby HwyMartin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:40 am

Hi all,

Just stopping by to say good luck to all that have apps in with the Auxiliary. I have been a member for just over a year now with my local county and I'm having a blast. I can say all the patience in waiting for the process has paid off. So if this is something you're interested in doing just hang in there, patience is a virtue. It's a great way to connect with your community and help make a difference in many ways. Also an awesome way to see if a career in policing is for you.

Take care and once again good luck!

bunkergorilla519
Rookie Member

Postby bunkergorilla519 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:21 am

luisacosta wrote:
Galadriel0718 wrote:

If you really want to become an auxiliary with OPP, nothing will stand in your way.

You’re right, if you really want it don’t let anythig stand in your way! Of course making sure you have a roof over your head is a priority to. I know most employers will work with you for it. Unless it’s a conflict of interest of course, I know private investagors can fall under that category.
OPP AUXILIARY

luisacosta
Rookie Member

Postby luisacosta » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:42 pm

@ bunkergorilla519

I wish you all the best with the hiring process. There are plenty of auxiliaries in this forum to guide you better and help you throughout the process . Being an auxiliary is an amazing experience, don't give up!

This message goes to all applicants as well, we are here to help.

Sauceboss
Rookie Member

Postby Sauceboss » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:43 pm

So I applied at my detachment on Nov 10th 2017. I have since, not heard anything back, nor have I recieved any mail. I suppose the next step for me should be to call and find out the status of my application?

Any advice?
Timeline
O.P.P. Aux Application Submited 11/24/2017

subbie
Rookie Member

Postby subbie » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:59 pm

Be patient. 2-3 weeks of Dec. are a write off. Vacation and most units take a holiday break. They'll get to it. That's if they need bodies for that particular detachment. They could have a full roster and significant time could pass before you hear anything or they need bodies to fill spaces. I was in the March class 2017 and a guy on course with us waited 7 years before joining. From the north west. His detachment just didn't have the need for bodies. He completed the process but years went by before he was called upon to fill a available position. Don't rush or contact them yet. My advice. Just chill. It'll come with time. It took my process almost a year. I applied in may 2016 and heard in September for a interview. These things take time.
SPECIAL CONSTABLE
OPP Auxiliary Member

duartepe
Rookie Member

Postby duartepe » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:42 pm

hey guys,

Any tips in general on what to expect and how will I prepare best in the OPP interview?

Wheels28
Rookie Member

Postby Wheels28 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:21 am

Sauceboss wrote:So I applied at my detachment on Nov 10th 2017. I have since, not heard anything back, nor have I recieved any mail. I suppose the next step for me should be to call and find out the status of my application?

Any advice?

When I applied to my local detachment I got a letter like 2 months later saying my application would be saved until the next time they start the process. I know somebody who is going to the January auxiliary training. Not sure when their next intake will be though.

Toonces
King Poobah

Postby Toonces » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:37 pm

duartepe wrote:hey guys,

Any tips in general on what to expect and how will I prepare best in the OPP interview?

Make sure that you interview using red font only.
I will NOT respond to PMs from those not belonging to the private side.

duartepe
Rookie Member

Postby duartepe » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:57 pm

Toonces wrote:
duartepe wrote:hey guys,

Make sure that you interview using red font only.

Hi there,
Is there any rules here where I could read so that I would be aware on what to do and not to do?

Thank you Sir

Sauceboss
Rookie Member

Postby Sauceboss » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:41 pm

Didn't get in. Got my letter 2 days ago and said due to poor driving history I would not be suitable. My fault for sure. I did not think my driving history was THAT bad. No accidents, a 4 speeding tickets over a 12 year span. No demerit points. Maybe I`ll wait a year or two and trying again.
Timeline
O.P.P. Aux Application Submited 11/24/2017

duartepe
Rookie Member

Postby duartepe » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:49 pm

Sauceboss wrote:Didn't get in. Got my letter 2 days ago and said due to poor driving history I would not be suitable. My fault for sure. I did not think my driving history was THAT bad. No accidents, a 4 speeding tickets over a 12 year span. No demerit points. Maybe I`ll wait a year or two and trying again.

Do you have any suspensions?
when was your recent speeding ticket?