OPP Auxiliary

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
RPL79
Rookie Member

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby RPL79 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:19 pm

If your background has started, your references will be called shortly and you will have your home visit right after. by the end of the home visit you should have a good idea if you are going or not based on the conversation you have with the officer.

I dont know why this forum has been so dead. i keep checking back for updates but there hasn't been much chatter in a while.

I didnt find out i was going for sure until a week before, but you shouldn't have that issue since your BGI is already starting...

mattrec807
Rookie Member

Postby mattrec807 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:09 am

hi, I've been a long time lurker of these forums and finally decided I'd like to ask a question. Are there any members of the essex detachment on these boards? I sent in my application 3 years ago and got a letter noting that it is on record and I have since been patiently waiting since then. I realize that it may be a relatively small sized detachment and that they probably don't frequently recruit, would anyone be able to give me some insight into when they may decide to recruit again?

CFO580
Rookie Member

Postby CFO580 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:35 am

You are patient! And welcome to the forum!

CFO580
Rookie Member

Postby CFO580 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:58 pm

Today I found out (from elsewhere on the boards) that the PIN test has been updated to eliminate the curl up portion of the test, and to include a plank like hyperextension. Does anyone know if the Auxiliary course is using the updated PIN format or the other one? Not that it matters I suppose, more just curious.

CFO580
Rookie Member

Postby CFO580 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:37 am

Question answered - plank it is! :alright:

CFO580
Rookie Member

Postby CFO580 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:37 pm

Going into this week I can't help but hope I get booked for a home visit. I was fine with patience until I got this last letter, but now that there is a date in sight I am struggling a bit! Praying everything else goes ok. :)

MC07
Rookie Member

Postby MC07 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:35 pm

CFO580 wrote:Question answered - plank it is! :alright:

I wouldn't worry about doing the plank, I got a perfect score without training much for it.

GTRF
Rookie Member

Postby GTRF » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:03 am

CFO580 wrote:For those looking for an overview, here is what I've been through:

October 2012 - Initial Application
October 2012 - Letter of Acknowledgement Received
May 2013 - Interview Complete
August 2013 - PATI/Psych Testing
October 2013 - Testing Complete/Successful
October 2013 - Paperwork Submitted to Orillia, Background Commencing
December 2013 - Phone call confirming BGI is starting, home interview likely early in the New Year
December 2013 - Letter received with tentatively scheduled course dates, medical/vision testing forms, and tailor sheet

Thanks for posting this and congratulations! I plan on meeting and leaving my application with the Auxiliary Staff Sergeant in a few weeks.

Question for the group; has anyone experienced a residence move from the time of their initial application? I'm planning to relocate my residence by summer (still within the Highway Safety Division). I would naturally update my file, but wondering if this creates a headache for the detachment? The detachment location is of no concern to me, but I'd like to keep things simple.

Thanks!

RPL79
Rookie Member

Postby RPL79 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:11 am

Yes, i moved in the middle of my application. I faxed in a change of address, and asked if someone could confirm with my by phone or e-mail that it had been received. I received a phone call the same day and all was good. all of my correspondence from that point on was sent to my new address. (I had a forward with Canada post any ways)

The only hiccup was my home visit. The officer almost went to the old address. Make sure you confirm!

CFO580
Rookie Member

Postby CFO580 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:57 am

I moved in the middle of mine as well. Same deal as RPL. My move was prior to Orillia's 2nd request for the application form to be filled out, so I simply corrected it there, and added in a typed letter confirming my change of address. Everything since has been updated to my new address.

Tbayrecruit
Rookie Member

Postby Tbayrecruit » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:04 am

I submitted my application back in September 2013 and never received any communication or a letter of acknowledgement that others have mentioned in their posts. Do all detachments send a letter of acknowledgement? Does the lack of receiving a letter mean that my application may not have been "received" properly?

I delivered it to the North West headquarters and they said they'd sent it do the detachment.

CFO580
Rookie Member

Postby CFO580 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:05 am

I wasn't willing to take the chances on it being delivered to the detachment so I went directly to the location I wanted to work out of. Have you tried calling?

Kopparoo2b
Rookie Member

Postby Kopparoo2b » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:55 pm

I would always try to deliver it directly because unfortunately things do get shuffled around sometimes and your application may take a while to reach the appropriate destination. The application would be forwarded most likely to the Aux Staff Sgt. Of your area. I would call and state you would just like to confirm their receipt of your application. Give them the date you sent it in etc., and you'll have no problems.
kopparoo2b

"Its not enough to just talk about it"

Kopparoo2b
Rookie Member

Postby Kopparoo2b » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Oh and yes you do always get a letter that they have received your application. Sometimes you actually receive a phone call for interview before you receive your letter. Yes it happens. The intakes are usually May/June and in the fall, so that is the time frame your looking at to get things fully complete. It all depends on how many Auxiliaries they are looking for in your area, how many they already have going through etc.

But they do send a letter.
kopparoo2b

"Its not enough to just talk about it"

CFO580
Rookie Member

Postby CFO580 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:49 am

The wait to hear something is killing me today.