OPP Auxiliary

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

ERnurse2PC
Grand Poobah

OPP Auxiliary

Postby ERnurse2PC » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:41 pm

Hi everyone - I haven't been on here for awhile - been sick and making a few decisions about things - but a good surprise happened yesterday - the OPP called me for an interview for an auxillary position - and this fits nicely with some changes I have made in my plans :D Just wondered if anyone else was going to be interviewing soon? Hope all of you have been well!!
‎"You often meet your destiny on the road you've taken to avoid it."

Loadie
King Poobah

Re: OPP auxillary

Postby Loadie » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Our det is interviewing in the near future. We are always looking for good people!

ERnurse2PC
Grand Poobah

Postby ERnurse2PC » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:19 pm

Hey Loadie - how do you like it? Are you in the GTA/highway safety division? That is where I will be if I get hired :)

Loadie
King Poobah

Postby Loadie » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:47 pm

I love everything about the auxiliary and OPP in general. Great group of people to work with and around. I've done allot of things with them from community events to grow op destruction.

Go for it you won't be disappointed!

OttawaAux

Postby OttawaAux » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:08 pm

ERnurse2PC wrote:Hi everyone - I haven't been on here for awhile - been sick and making a few decisions about things - but a good surprise happened yesterday - the OPP called me for an interview for an auxillary position - and this fits nicely with some changes I have made in my plans :D Just wondered if anyone else was going to be interviewing soon? Hope all of you have been well!!

Greetings, Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with your interview and the rest of the process. It can seem a long process but stick at it as it's a very worthwhile, challenging and interesting thing to do. You'll get to work with some awesome Regular and Auxiliary Members when you get on.

Where are you applying? Our unit has just done a big round of interviews and it's good to see the program growing and being well supported.

Have fun, let us know how you get on and feel free to ask questions - we'll help all we can.

Cheers.

ERnurse2PC
Grand Poobah

Postby ERnurse2PC » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:39 pm

OttawaAux wrote:
Where are you applying? Our unit has just done a big round of interviews and it's good to see the program growing and being well supported.

Have fun, let us know how you get on and feel free to ask questions - we'll help all we can.

Cheers.
I applied to the HSD in the GTA - I am really looking forward to it - one concern I do have is I have a nose stud, and once it is out - it's out - so I am hoping someone can tell me if I should just take it out - if it is looked down upon - I am thinking probably yes and I will have to take it out - but I wondered if anyone else had any advice about it :)

OttawaAux

Postby OttawaAux » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:12 pm

My advice is yes, take it out. Auxiliaries are permitted to wear small earring studs in the lobes, one per ear, but personally I think it's inadvisable to go for an interview for police with facial piercings.

If it's very small, then you might be ok. To be on the safe side and to create a professional impression, take it out .. unless you want to take the risk. A big factor of ANY interview is first impressions .. Auxiliary interviews are no exception.

Other opinions may differ .. this is just mine.

ERnurse2PC
Grand Poobah

Postby ERnurse2PC » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:11 pm

Yeah - I figured I would have to take it out - even though piercings are more acceptable now we are still talking about policing and a certain image to the public - now I have to get the nreve to pull it out - ohhhh it's gonnna hurt :shock:

Loadie
King Poobah

Postby Loadie » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:23 pm

Think of it this way, You take it out yourself and control the pain. Or you get into a scuffle and it's torn from your face, you have no control over how it comes out or how it feels coming out! Then you are on the ground wreathing in pain while your partner is still fighting with this asshole that is fighting to get away or even worse for their weapon to do more damage!!!

Food for thought!

Officer safety is paramount all the time. Yes you maybe more attractive with it in, I like them too, very sexy, but your not there to look sexy, your there to be a partner to a regular member!

Just my .000002 cents worth.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:35 am

Not to get off topic... but any time I see someone with a facial piercing, I always think that they were involved in and industrial accident, where they were standing to close to a machine that blew up... especially those ball bearings... :o

Oh, and if you become an Auxiliary, you better know how to spell Auxiliary correctly... just saying... ;)
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

ERnurse2PC
Grand Poobah

Re: OPP auxilary

Postby ERnurse2PC » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:41 pm

God that is embarrassing...I fixed it Wayne!! LOL

Dirty Harry
Seasoned Member

Re: OPP auxiliary

Postby Dirty Harry » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:58 pm

It's still missing the i after the l.

DH

I fixed it in my post I think??
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Loadie
King Poobah

Postby Loadie » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:10 pm

ERnurse2PC wrote:God that is embarrassing...I fixed it Wayne!! LOL
What about in your signature block as well??

ERnurse2PC
Grand Poobah

Postby ERnurse2PC » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:16 pm

I did fix it Loadie - is it not showing up?

ERnurse2PC
Grand Poobah

Re: OPP auxiliary

Postby ERnurse2PC » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:19 pm

There - got it :oops: