Ottawa Police Applicants

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Regiercal33
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby Regiercal33 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:23 am

Mladen wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:41 pm
Hey guys!
I am in the process as well. Applied in August and got the pbq 3 months later. Passed lfi and have to supply the information package. For those who have done this already, did you have to include all of the information they ask for in the package even tho some of it was already given at the initial stage? CV and what not.
I have a great experience so far. Good luck to all that are in the process!
Is the PBQ completed in person at the recruiting office or is this something that they mail to you to complete?
Also, how long after the PBQ did you have your interview?

Thanks for the info! Good luck in the process
OPS
Applied - Sept 13/19
PBQ - Pending

LeoMtl
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby LeoMtl » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:50 am

Hey guys

Got an invitation for PBQ with OPS on January 9th 2020. I waited 7 months to move further after my application (applied in June 2019)

Be patient and good luck.

PaulSmackage
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby PaulSmackage » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:57 am

Regiercal33 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:23 am
Mladen wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:41 pm
Hey guys!
I am in the process as well. Applied in August and got the pbq 3 months later. Passed lfi and have to supply the information package. For those who have done this already, did you have to include all of the information they ask for in the package even tho some of it was already given at the initial stage? CV and what not.
I have a great experience so far. Good luck to all that are in the process!
Is the PBQ completed in person at the recruiting office or is this something that they mail to you to complete?
Also, how long after the PBQ did you have your interview?

Thanks for the info! Good luck in the process
The PBQ is done at the recruiting office - there will likely be a group of you doing it. I had my interview about two or three weeks after my PBQ if I remember correctly. Good luck with everything :)

nothof60
Rookie Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby nothof60 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:40 pm

Does anyone know OPS' shift rotation?

GloQc
Rookie Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:25 am
Contact:

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby GloQc » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:45 pm

From a friend who works there. He is on 2 weeks on every rotation. 1st week is mon-tues-fri-sat-sun and 2nd week wed-thur. basically work 1 out of 2 days.

nothof60
Rookie Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby nothof60 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:02 pm

GloQc wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:45 pm
From a friend who works there. He is on 2 weeks on every rotation. 1st week is mon-tues-fri-sat-sun and 2nd week wed-thur. basically work 1 out of 2 days.

Thanks for the reply. That is definitely an irregular schedule. Is he assigned to a specially unit or patrol operations?

GloQc
Rookie Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:25 am
Contact:

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby GloQc » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:57 pm

Patrol.

You find it irregular? Its probably the best rotation that exist out there.

nothof60
Rookie Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby nothof60 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:37 am

GloQc wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:57 pm
Patrol.

You find it irregular? Its probably the best rotation that exist out there.
[/quote




I would think 4 on 5 off 5 on 4 off would be the most appetizing. Essentially, with the rotation OPS has, an officer would never have any more than 3 days off in a row, if I'm interpreting what you have relayed accurately...

kurzgesagt
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby kurzgesagt » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:06 pm

For anyone still reading: OPS hired 78 recruits in 2019. It was only the first of their five year push, so things are looking up!

100 constables to be hired in 2020: https://www.ottawapolice.ca/Modules/New ... b9&lang=en

sig1992
Rookie Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:49 am
Contact:

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby sig1992 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:04 pm

I recently applied to OPS through their monkey survey application, seemed a little odd and super vague with questions, I think it’s a temporary page as it had some mistakes here and there. Compared to other applications I’ve done I can’t imagine this is the only information they’ll request.

Is this just a pre-screening questionnaire?
Deferral: 2013
Deferral: 2015
Deferral: 2016
RPAB: Exempt
SP: JUL-18
RMAQ: SEP-18
QA: SEP-18
PEP: OCT-18
PEP PASS: DEC-18
MED JAN-19
Psych: FEB-19
BGI: MAR-19
Psych II: MAR-19
DSU: MAR-19
MED clear: APR-19
SEC issued: ?
Troop: ?

oxlemar
Rookie Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:48 am
Location: NCR
Contact:

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby oxlemar » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:26 am

sig1992 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:04 pm
I recently applied to OPS through their monkey survey application, seemed a little odd and super vague with questions, I think it’s a temporary page as it had some mistakes here and there. Compared to other applications I’ve done I can’t imagine this is the only information they’ll request.

Is this just a pre-screening questionnaire?
It's a pre-screening questionnaire. Don't forget to send an email with your resume and cover letter.

I applied on 2020-01-03 and have my PBQ next week.

mackrm
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby mackrm » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:05 pm

When you applied with survey monkey did you have to create a survey monkey account? I finished all required questions and just clicked the complete and submit button. I then emailed my resume and cover letter. Can anyone chime in if they know the answer?

Thanks

oxlemar
Rookie Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:48 am
Location: NCR
Contact:

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby oxlemar » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:04 am

mackrm wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:05 pm
When you applied with survey monkey did you have to create a survey monkey account? I finished all required questions and just clicked the complete and submit button. I then emailed my resume and cover letter. Can anyone chime in if they know the answer?

Thanks
I did not have to create a SurveyMonkey account. Completed the survey and sent my resume and cover letter via email.

Got invited to the PBQ a couple weeks later.

mackrm
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby mackrm » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:23 am

Excellent.

Thank you for the reply. Very much appreciated. Best of luck

SmittyProblems
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Ottawa Police Applicants

Postby SmittyProblems » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:15 pm

Have any unsuccessful applicants received confirmation that they've been screened out? It's been several months since I received confirmation of receipt for my resume/cover letter and I'm starting to fear the worst.

Good luck to anyone else in the process.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Warden196, whatamiseeing and 8 guests