Ontario Correctional Services

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Mr.88
Regular Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Mr.88 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:22 pm

Lee123 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:48 pm
Very excited, just received my offer today! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear.

Choices were London, Toronto, Sarnia. I’ll probably end up choosing London.
Congrats man! I’m hoping to receive a call soon. Did they offer by phone or email? Around what time was the call?
London is on my list, also Milton and Windsor
They offered you every location? When’s your training start?
ON. Corrections
Application - 2020-04✅
Wonderlic - 2020-06✅
REACT - 2020-07✅
Interview/Reference check - 2020/08✅
Security Clearance - Mailed VSC 2020/10/05
NEO-PI-3 Test - 2020/08/30✅
FITCO - 2020/10/14✅
Offer 2021/01/18✅
COTA 2021/03/15
EMDC May 10

Panther
Rookie Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Panther » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:05 pm

Mr.88 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:22 pm
Lee123 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:48 pm
Very excited, just received my offer today! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear.

Choices were London, Toronto, Sarnia. I’ll probably end up choosing London.
Congrats man! I’m hoping to receive a call soon. Did they offer by phone or email? Around what time was the call?
London is on my list, also Milton and Windsor
They offered you every location? When’s your training start?
Congrats Lee123

@Mr.88 I believe they contact by phone , and Feb 1st might be the earliest training date for training 8 weeks total

Fonthill
Seasoned Member
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Fonthill » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:47 pm

Panther wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:05 pm
Mr.88 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:22 pm
Lee123 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:48 pm
Very excited, just received my offer today! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear.

Choices were London, Toronto, Sarnia. I’ll probably end up choosing London.
Congrats man! I’m hoping to receive a call soon. Did they offer by phone or email? Around what time was the call?
London is on my list, also Milton and Windsor
They offered you every location? When’s your training start?
Congrats Lee123

@Mr.88 I believe they contact by phone , and Feb 1st might be the earliest training date for training 8 weeks total
no way

How would they have training on Feb 1st when CSN will file on Jan 01 2021. Corrections wouldn’t have a contract as it would be frozen and as a correctional officer you will need a contract when you graduate.

BloodAngel
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby BloodAngel » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:08 pm

Good evening , first time poster , just joined the forum. I just received my job offer , start training February 1st . Will be posted to EMDC in London. Good luck and hopefully soon those of you still awaiting will get your calls soon.

Stay safe
When you hit that wall.... take a deep breath... set the charge... and blow through it

Fonthill
Seasoned Member
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Fonthill » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:19 pm

BloodAngel wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:08 pm
Good evening , first time poster , just joined the forum. I just received my job offer , start training February 1st . Will be posted to EMDC in London. Good luck and hopefully soon those of you still awaiting will get your calls soon.

Stay safe
What is the rate they are paying you for 8 weeks ?

BloodAngel
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby BloodAngel » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:24 pm

Fonthill wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:19 pm
BloodAngel wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:08 pm
Good evening , first time poster , just joined the forum. I just received my job offer , start training February 1st . Will be posted to EMDC in London. Good luck and hopefully soon those of you still awaiting will get your calls soon.

Stay safe
What is the rate they are paying you for 8 weeks ?
I’m just waiting on them to email me the full details. They called me around 10:00 whilst I was out hunting on Friday. Just gave me the offer and asked if I still wanted my preferred posting.
When you hit that wall.... take a deep breath... set the charge... and blow through it

Fonthill
Seasoned Member
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Fonthill » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:27 pm

BloodAngel wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:24 pm
Fonthill wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:19 pm
BloodAngel wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:08 pm
Good evening , first time poster , just joined the forum. I just received my job offer , start training February 1st . Will be posted to EMDC in London. Good luck and hopefully soon those of you still awaiting will get your calls soon.

Stay safe
What is the rate they are paying you for 8 weeks ?
I’m just waiting on them to email me the full details. They called me around 10:00 whilst I was out hunting on Friday. Just gave me the offer and asked if I still wanted my preferred posting.
Ok.

As an Opsue member, us members cannot find the rate of pay

And it is a conditional job offer.

Mr.88
Regular Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Mr.88 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:29 pm

BloodAngel wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:08 pm
Good evening , first time poster , just joined the forum. I just received my job offer , start training February 1st . Will be posted to EMDC in London. Good luck and hopefully soon those of you still awaiting will get your calls soon.

Stay safe
Congrats!. I wonder how they do the calls by last name or by 1st location choice .

My 1/ was Windsor , 2nd pick london.
ON. Corrections
Application - 2020-04✅
Wonderlic - 2020-06✅
REACT - 2020-07✅
Interview/Reference check - 2020/08✅
Security Clearance - Mailed VSC 2020/10/05
NEO-PI-3 Test - 2020/08/30✅
FITCO - 2020/10/14✅
Offer 2021/01/18✅
COTA 2021/03/15
EMDC May 10

Lee123
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Lee123 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:30 pm

Thanks guys! Really appreciate all the help along the way.
Ontario Corrections
Application Accepted- (2020-04)
Wonderlic - Pass (2020-06)
REACT - Pass (2020-07)
Interview/Reference check - Pass (2020/08)
Security Clearance - Pending (2020/08)
NEO-PI-3 Personality Test - Pass (2020/10
FITCO - Pass (2020/11)

callofduty288
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby callofduty288 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:07 pm

Fonthill wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:47 pm
Panther wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:05 pm
Mr.88 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:22 pm

Congrats man! I’m hoping to receive a call soon. Did they offer by phone or email? Around what time was the call?
London is on my list, also Milton and Windsor
They offered you every location? When’s your training start?
Congrats Lee123

@Mr.88 I believe they contact by phone , and Feb 1st might be the earliest training date for training 8 weeks total
no way

How would they have training on Feb 1st when CSN will file on Jan 01 2021. Corrections wouldn’t have a contract as it would be frozen and as a correctional officer you will need a contract when you graduate.
We do have contract until December 31, 2021 and we will be with opseu. Csn filing has nothing to do with any hiring. TSDC bleeding staff every week, especially when Police services are on hiring spree

Fonthill
Seasoned Member
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Fonthill » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:57 pm

callofduty288 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:07 pm
Fonthill wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:47 pm
Panther wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:05 pm


Congrats Lee123

@Mr.88 I believe they contact by phone , and Feb 1st might be the earliest training date for training 8 weeks total
no way

How would they have training on Feb 1st when CSN will file on Jan 01 2021. Corrections wouldn’t have a contract as it would be frozen and as a correctional officer you will need a contract when you graduate.
We do have contract until December 31, 2021 and we will be with opseu. Csn filing has nothing to do with any hiring. TSDC bleeding staff every week, especially when Police services are on hiring spree
I think you need to educate your self.

The current contract expires July 2021

What is going to happen is. Once CSN files, the CA is frozen and we have no binding contract. Means everything frozen. Jan 01, 2021 they will file. For some reason which I didn’t ask was only told. The filing needs to take place at the 6 month mark before the contract expires. The last time I’ll speak about this. You new candidates can figure the rest out


You need a contract to graduate.

Corrections buildings been bleeding for over 20 years.

And we are not the the police, so don’t compare policing with corrections.

callofduty288
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby callofduty288 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:51 pm

Fonthill wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:57 pm
callofduty288 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:07 pm
Fonthill wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:47 pm


no way

How would they have training on Feb 1st when CSN will file on Jan 01 2021. Corrections wouldn’t have a contract as it would be frozen and as a correctional officer you will need a contract when you graduate.
We do have contract until December 31, 2021 and we will be with opseu. Csn filing has nothing to do with any hiring. TSDC bleeding staff every week, especially when Police services are on hiring spree
I think you need to educate your self.

The current contract expires July 2021

What is going to happen is. Once CSN files, the CA is frozen and we have no binding contract. Means everything frozen. Jan 01, 2021 they will file. For some reason which I didn’t ask was only told. The filing needs to take place at the 6 month mark before the contract expires. The last time I’ll speak about this. You new candidates can figure the rest out


You need a contract to graduate.

Corrections buildings been bleeding for over 20 years.

And we are not the the police, so don’t compare policing with corrections.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... QuzPF91-g2

When I said police force hiring, I meant there is about 5 times amount of cos leaving then ministry is hiring. They don't want to keep jail lockdown. I am full aware they don't care about ot and cost. There is just no staff to come on ot

Fonthill
Seasoned Member
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Fonthill » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:20 pm

callofduty288 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:51 pm
Fonthill wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:57 pm
callofduty288 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:07 pm


We do have contract until December 31, 2021 and we will be with opseu. Csn filing has nothing to do with any hiring. TSDC bleeding staff every week, especially when Police services are on hiring spree
I think you need to educate your self.

The current contract expires July 2021

What is going to happen is. Once CSN files, the CA is frozen and we have no binding contract. Means everything frozen. Jan 01, 2021 they will file. For some reason which I didn’t ask was only told. The filing needs to take place at the 6 month mark before the contract expires. The last time I’ll speak about this. You new candidates can figure the rest out


You need a contract to graduate.

Corrections buildings been bleeding for over 20 years.

And we are not the the police, so don’t compare policing with corrections.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... QuzPF91-g2

When I said police force hiring, I meant there is about 5 times amount of cos leaving then ministry is hiring. They don't want to keep jail lockdown. I am full aware they don't care about ot and cost. There is just no staff to come on ot
And why do you think officers are leaving ? Lol

callofduty288
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby callofduty288 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:48 pm

Fonthill wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:20 pm
callofduty288 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:51 pm
Fonthill wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:57 pm


I think you need to educate your self.

The current contract expires July 2021

What is going to happen is. Once CSN files, the CA is frozen and we have no binding contract. Means everything frozen. Jan 01, 2021 they will file. For some reason which I didn’t ask was only told. The filing needs to take place at the 6 month mark before the contract expires. The last time I’ll speak about this. You new candidates can figure the rest out


You need a contract to graduate.

Corrections buildings been bleeding for over 20 years.

And we are not the the police, so don’t compare policing with corrections.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... QuzPF91-g2

When I said police force hiring, I meant there is about 5 times amount of cos leaving then ministry is hiring. They don't want to keep jail lockdown. I am full aware they don't care about ot and cost. There is just no staff to come on ot
And why do you think officers are leaving ? Lol
Besides working conditions, management, inconsistencies etc. Not many people are cut out for this kind of work

Fonthill
Seasoned Member
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Fonthill » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:25 pm

callofduty288 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:48 pm
Fonthill wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:20 pm
callofduty288 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:51 pm


https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... QuzPF91-g2

When I said police force hiring, I meant there is about 5 times amount of cos leaving then ministry is hiring. They don't want to keep jail lockdown. I am full aware they don't care about ot and cost. There is just no staff to come on ot
And why do you think officers are leaving ? Lol
Besides working conditions, management, inconsistencies etc. Not many people are cut out for this kind of work
Very good, yes


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Dreambig, SemrushBot and 10 guests