Ontario Correctional Services

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Fonthill
Seasoned Member

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Fonthill » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:33 pm

LivePositive wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:30 am
Jay2020 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:28 pm
@fonthill, I was a deputy superintendent at my home country, relocated here a decade ago and unfortunately I will be starting from a very low level now. My point is that fitness isn't the issue, some of us are more fit than some now. This body carried three kids and I worry I may not be as fit which is why i am asking. Alot of applicants are young, mainly 20's, i am a little over 40 now, calm down on people and no, I do not want another profession, at my age I know what I want, reason I passed every step to this stage and willing to quit my job. I don't know about others but for me, this job is a passion. I will henceforth keep my mouth shut in this forum since one has to be extremely cautious what is asked because answers from you guys are so out of this world which is shocking as correctional officers i know are usually compassionate, even the few i met recently. Enjoy your day.
I apologize behalf of the response Fonthill has given you. It does not reflect majority of us here that wants to help others. Having said that, please don't feel discouraged to ask any questions, I just recommend you filter out the ones that does not help you and take in the ones that give good advice.

Do you apologize for other officers that are right or speak their mind which they do not sugar coat and give a straight answer.

I feel your a yea person also or a person that tends to suck up. Just my observation.

Wouldn’t want work with you as you would apologize during an investigation when nothing has happened. 88)

LivePositive
Rookie Member

Postby LivePositive » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:38 am

Fonthill wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:33 pm
LivePositive wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:30 am
Jay2020 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:28 pm
@fonthill, I was a deputy superintendent at my home country, relocated here a decade ago and unfortunately I will be starting from a very low level now. My point is that fitness isn't the issue, some of us are more fit than some now. This body carried three kids and I worry I may not be as fit which is why i am asking. Alot of applicants are young, mainly 20's, i am a little over 40 now, calm down on people and no, I do not want another profession, at my age I know what I want, reason I passed every step to this stage and willing to quit my job. I don't know about others but for me, this job is a passion. I will henceforth keep my mouth shut in this forum since one has to be extremely cautious what is asked because answers from you guys are so out of this world which is shocking as correctional officers i know are usually compassionate, even the few i met recently. Enjoy your day.
I apologize behalf of the response Fonthill has given you. It does not reflect majority of us here that wants to help others. Having said that, please don't feel discouraged to ask any questions, I just recommend you filter out the ones that does not help you and take in the ones that give good advice.

Do you apologize for other officers that are right or speak their mind which they do not sugar coat and give a straight answer.

I feel your a yea person also or a person that tends to suck up. Just my observation.

Wouldn’t want work with you as you would apologize during an investigation when nothing has happened. 88)
Your observation is irrelevant as based on a lot of your posts, you are notorious to rub others the wrong way. Giving a straight answer "respectfully" is different, however you clearly lack the respectfully part and just speak without a filter.

Good luck to you.
DRPS - Auxiliary

Legislative Protective Services

Charoskh
Rookie Member

Postby Charoskh » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:41 pm

Hello Everyone.
I applied to the Correctional Officer position earlier this summer, and I recently got an email to do the Cognitive test, and I completed it last week.
Now waiting for them to get back to me, Can anyone give me more info on what`s next or any other tips for me?
I would appreciate any help and tips.

Thank you

Fonthill
Seasoned Member

Postby Fonthill » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:00 pm

Charoskh wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:41 pm
Hello Everyone.
I applied to the Correctional Officer position earlier this summer, and I recently got an email to do the Cognitive test, and I completed it last week.
Now waiting for them to get back to me, Can anyone give me more info on what`s next or any other tips for me?

Thank you
Once all your testing is completed then it would be the FITCO
Next

Enhanced security clearance

Next
Interview

Next

Conditional offer of appointment

That was taken from the website

Hiring will probably be halted due to us changing unions. Once this happens everything will be frozen as we wouldn’t have a contract anymore

timg87
Rookie Member

Postby timg87 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:31 pm

Union is not changing...
Previous: Correctional Officer 2
Current: Transit Special Constable

Always willing to help and answer general questions..private msgs with specific questions are welcomed.

Mr.88
Rookie Member

Postby Mr.88 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:00 pm

Charoskh wrote:
Hello Everyone.

Thank you
If you look at my signature that is the process currently.
After the wonderlic for you would be react testing
Ontario Corrections
Application Accepted- 2020-04✅
Wonderlic - 2020-06✅
REACT - 2020-07✅
Interview/Reference check - 2020/08✅
Security Clearance - PENDING 2020/08
NEO-PI-3 Test - 2020/09✅
FITCO - 2020/10✅
Offer - TBD

Fonthill
Seasoned Member

Postby Fonthill » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:54 am

timg87 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:31 pm
Union is not changing...
Oh yes it is.

Rumour is CSN has enough cards to go ahead and file. Once that happens everything gets frozen

timg87
Rookie Member

Postby timg87 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:17 am

"Rumour is" is not a confident way to start a statement that is supposed to be true.

Alright Nostradamus..when is this going to happen?

Because...it won't...can't say never but not anytime soon.
Previous: Correctional Officer 2
Current: Transit Special Constable

Always willing to help and answer general questions..private msgs with specific questions are welcomed.

Fonthill
Seasoned Member

Postby Fonthill » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:33 am

timg87 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:17 am
"Rumour is" is not a confident way to start a statement that is supposed to be true.

Alright Nostradamus..when is this going to happen?

Because...it won't...can't say never but not anytime soon.
Time shall tell.

It is nice to have an open mind and to let people on here see what is actually going on so it isn’t shell shock for them

Communication is the key ;)

Mr.88
Rookie Member

Postby Mr.88 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:01 pm

Anyone hear anything regarding offers this year?

I am done the process now just patiently waiting 😄
Ontario Corrections
Wonderlic - 2020-06✅
REACT - 2020-07✅
NEO-PI-3 Test - 2020/09✅
FITCO - 2020/10✅
Offer - TBD

DWilkie34
Rookie Member

Postby DWilkie34 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:45 pm

Mr.88 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:01 pm

Is your Security Clearance still pending? I have fitco next week how are they doing it with Covid restrictions? I’m nearing the end of the process myself

Mr.88
Rookie Member

Postby Mr.88 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:27 pm

DWilkie34 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:45 pm
Mr.88 wrote:

Is your Security Clearance still pending? I have fitco next week how are they doing it with Covid restrictions? I’m nearing the end of the process myself
Fitco was done In smaller groups .
I sent in my completed VSC to Hamilton 4ish weeks ago now. Did they they inform you that ur clearance was complete with an email?
Ontario Corrections
Wonderlic - 2020-06✅
REACT - 2020-07✅
NEO-PI-3 Test - 2020/09✅
FITCO - 2020/10✅
Offer - TBD

DWilkie34
Rookie Member

Postby DWilkie34 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:41 pm

Mr.88 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:27 pm
DWilkie34 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:45 pm
Mr.88 wrote:

Fitco was done In smaller groups .
I sent in my completed VSC to Hamilton 4ish weeks ago now. Did they they inform you that ur clearance was complete with an email?
I haven’t heard anything from them yet.

Charoskh
Rookie Member

Postby Charoskh » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:57 pm

Hello Applicants,
I just wanted to touch base on the process for the Correctional.
I completed my Cognitive Test online 3 weeks ago. I still haven`t received any response from the recruiting yet, Does anyone know how long this process would take , and also any advice or suggestions for the next stage which is the REACT BEHAVIOURAL TEST....

-your answer is much appreciated.

Charoskh
Rookie Member

Postby Charoskh » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:00 pm

Mr.88 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:00 pm
Charoskh wrote:
Hello Everyone.

Thank you
If you look at my signature that is the process currently.
After the wonderlic for you would be react testing
-and how is the react test? is it online??