Ontario Correctional Services

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Fonthill
Seasoned Member
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Fonthill » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:10 am

ksowa91 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:59 am
Fonthill wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:02 pm
ksowa91 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:37 pm


Thanks

I picked TSDC as my first choice (as crazy as it may sound lol) since it's closest to home, then Toronto east (I heard they're closing that one down), and Brampton OCI being my 3rd option

What institution you're at?
Yeah, TSDC I would try and stay away from. But the other Choices would be a lot better choice.

I haven’t heard anything about Toronto East closing. Who told you about that
I heard from a friend. He's a CO

Ok. I think they might be wrong lol. I mean, who knows what the ford government is going to do. All they do is slash jobs and programs.

A_C_P_91
Rookie Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:08 am
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby A_C_P_91 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:52 am

Fonthill wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:10 am
ksowa91 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:59 am
Fonthill wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:02 pm


Yeah, TSDC I would try and stay away from. But the other Choices would be a lot better choice.

I haven’t heard anything about Toronto East closing. Who toldI heard from a friend. He's a CO

Ok. I think they might be wrong lol. I mean, who knows what the ford government is going to do. All they do is slash jobs and programs.
There was a plan in place a few years ago that TEDC would be closing. I say good luck with the inmate populations we have though.

User avatar
Bitterman
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Bitterman » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:05 pm

Fonthill wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:47 pm

Hey, are you still kicking around ?

Who, me..?

'Sure.. :)
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Fonthill
Seasoned Member
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Fonthill » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:09 am

Bitterman wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:05 pm
Fonthill wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:47 pm

Hey, are you still kicking around ?

Who, me..?

'Sure.. :)
Yeah. Well, nice to hear you are still kicking around

User avatar
Bitterman
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Bitterman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:32 pm

Fonthill wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:09 am
Yeah. Well, nice to hear you are still kicking around

More like sittin' around, but yeah... not dead yet ;)
Most of my online time these days is spent over at Arfcom or FJRiders.com.

'just check in here once in a while to see if there's anything new going on..

Hey wait a minute... How'd I go from "Grand Poo-Bah" to "Rookie"..??
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Fonthill
Seasoned Member
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Fonthill » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:09 pm

Bitterman wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:32 pm
Fonthill wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:09 am
Yeah. Well, nice to hear you are still kicking around

More like sittin' around, but yeah... not dead yet ;)
Most of my online time these days is spent over at Arfcom or FJRiders.com.

'just check in here once in a while to see if there's anything new going on..

Hey wait a minute... How'd I go from "Grand Poo-Bah" to "Rookie"..??
Wow, rookie now, eh lol.

As being a rookie now you can tell off all the senior staff. And think your shit doesn’t stink hahhh.

They had to reset the system to 2018. So whatever you posted from a point to 2018 was wiped out.

Wouldn’t it be nice if they could do the same for the ministry, click and reset to a certain date hahah

User avatar
AlwaysOnDuty
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:38 pm
Location: North York, ON
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby AlwaysOnDuty » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:14 pm

I really hope TEDC doesn't get shut down. I WON'T be going to TSDC if so...
SOLGEN | Ontario Correctional Services
Correctional Officer 2

Fonthill
Seasoned Member
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Fonthill » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:16 am

AlwaysOnDuty wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:14 pm
I really hope TEDC doesn't get shut down. I WON'T be going to TSDC if so...
If it closed down you would have an option to go anywheres in Ontario. But, as a causal that wouldn’t apply.

Of course, you would be stupid to pick TSDC. With the cost of living on top of the huge crisis in corrections along with that jail.

A_C_P_91
Rookie Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:08 am
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby A_C_P_91 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:16 am

Fonthill wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:16 am
AlwaysOnDuty wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:14 pm
I really hope TEDC doesn't get shut down. I WON'T be going to TSDC if so...
If it closed down you would have an option to go anywheres in Ontario. But, as a causal that wouldn’t apply.

Of course, you would be stupid to pick TSDC. With the cost of living on top of the huge crisis in corrections along with that jail.

Or pick TSDC take all the OT you want and don’t get involved in the drama lol.

Fonthill
Seasoned Member
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Fonthill » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:33 am

A_C_P_91 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:16 am
Fonthill wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:16 am
AlwaysOnDuty wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:14 pm
I really hope TEDC doesn't get shut down. I WON'T be going to TSDC if so...
If it closed down you would have an option to go anywheres in Ontario. But, as a causal that wouldn’t apply.

Of course, you would be stupid to pick TSDC. With the cost of living on top of the huge crisis in corrections along with that jail.

Or pick TSDC take all the OT you want and don’t get involved in the drama lol.
And, yes lol

Some times tho, your health and being happy is more important then OT with the money.

Living in Toronto you might have no Choice but to work OT unfortunately.

Negative might be positive. And positive might be negative

I personally would get out of corrections like what I am trying to do.

User avatar
Bitterman
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Bitterman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:19 pm

In the last two years my inst. has lost about 20% of the new hires...
Some just quit/resigned... Several left for careers in related LE fields. Mostly police services, but a few to CBSA and Federal corrections...
'Seems every week there's another poster up advertising a going away party for someone.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Fonthill
Seasoned Member
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Fonthill » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:10 am

Bitterman wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:19 pm
In the last two years my inst. has lost about 20% of the new hires...
Some just quit/resigned... Several left for careers in related LE fields. Mostly police services, but a few to CBSA and Federal corrections...
'Seems every week there's another poster up advertising a going away party for someone.
I wonder why, eh? Lol.

Slovak4188
Rookie Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Slovak4188 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:39 pm

Bitterman wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:19 pm
In the last two years my inst. has lost about 20% of the new hires...
Some just quit/resigned... Several left for careers in related LE fields. Mostly police services, but a few to CBSA and Federal corrections...
'Seems every week there's another poster up advertising a going away party for someone.
Same thing happens at major police services. We were promised more recruits and a "realignment" of the divisions, but we've already, in the last month, lost more people than we are getting in December for this realignment.

It's going on everywhere man. People just have unrealistic expectations of LE as as a whole, regardless of which field.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

User avatar
Bitterman
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Bitterman » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:34 pm

'Any of you see the "F the South" video that's out on yootoob... lol


TSDC is intertoob famous now... Lol
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Fonthill
Seasoned Member
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby Fonthill » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:25 pm

Bitterman wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:34 pm
'Any of you see the "F the South" video that's out on yootoob... lol


TSDC is intertoob famous now... Lol
Send the link lol


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SemrushBot and 9 guests