Ontario Correctional Services

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
miccodsta
Rookie Member

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby miccodsta » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:53 am

Good day everyone,
Please I need clarity on some issues, I am a Nigerian, not based in Ontario, or anywhere in Canada presently, I have done and passed the wonderlic, REAT, Interview. I have filled and return my security check papers. I am having the FITCO and the NEO test to do next.

Does that mean I will have to travel to Ontario to complete the FITCO test without getting the job yet,

Who was in a similar situation should please guide me.

I am yet to receive a mail for the NEO test.

callofduty288
Rookie Member

Postby callofduty288 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:57 am

miccodsta wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:53 am
Good day everyone,
Please I need clarity on some issues, I am a Nigerian, not based in Ontario, or anywhere in Canada presently, I have done and passed the wonderlic, REAT, Interview. I have filled and return my security check papers. I am having the FITCO and the NEO test to do next.

Does that mean I will have to travel to Ontario to complete the FITCO test without getting the job yet,

I would contact recruitment and ask them to clarify. My assumption is yes you would have to attend Fitco testing, however with new wave of lockdown they might change something

Fonthill
Seasoned Member

Postby Fonthill » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:14 pm

miccodsta wrote:
Good day everyone,

Yes, You must successfully complete this occupational fitness test to ensure that you are capable of meeting the physical demands of the job.

Passing the FITCO is mandatory. You will need to pass the FITCO as part of the application process, and again as part of the Correctional Officer Training and Assessment (COTA) program at the Ontario Correctional Services College.

Fonthill
Seasoned Member

Postby Fonthill » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:16 pm

callofduty288 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:57 am
miccodsta wrote:
Good day everyone,

I would contact recruitment and ask them to clarify. My assumption is yes you would have to attend Fitco testing, however with new wave of lockdown they might change something
I hope they don’t change nothing.

If they can’t run the fitco then it isn’t safe to have training also.

Fitness is important and no way or shape should they even think of changing this requirement

Joshdm
Rookie Member

Postby Joshdm » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:18 pm

miccodsta wrote:
Good day everyone,

Hey there, unless they are offering a fitco in your area you will have to travel to a location that is offering the test.
Hope this helps and best of luck.
Resume accepted 03-20
Wonderlic 06-20
React 07-20
Interview 10-20
Fitco 10-20
Security/ police check 10-20
Neo 11-20
Start training 03-21

Lospollos
Rookie Member

Postby Lospollos » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:03 am

miccodsta wrote:
Good day everyone,

Say you don't have to do the fitco you would have to travel to ontario in order to complete the training and THEN receive your offer once you complete training.
CBSA:
OTEE - Pass
Interview - Pass
Psych - in process

CO2

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:30 am

CSU... dead in the water.

In case any of you naive optimists haven't heard.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Fonthill
Seasoned Member

Postby Fonthill » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:42 am

Bitterman wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:30 am

I have heard.

I been trying to give them the heads up lol

Gullible candidates.

Joshdm
Rookie Member

Postby Joshdm » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:57 am

Fonthill wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:42 am
Bitterman wrote:

I have heard.

Gullible candidates.
You’ve been arguing the later, actually
Resume accepted 03-20
Wonderlic 06-20
React 07-20
Interview 10-20
Fitco 10-20
Security/ police check 10-20
Neo 11-20
Start training 03-21

Fonthill
Seasoned Member

Postby Fonthill » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:26 pm

Joshdm wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:57 am
Fonthill wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:42 am
Bitterman wrote:

I have heard.

Gullible candidates.
You’ve been arguing the later, actually
Say again.

callofduty288
Rookie Member

Postby callofduty288 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:09 am

CSN efforts are dead. No new union. A lot of very senior cos dont want to jeopardize their pensions. They would've been great for cos with less than 20 years in but oh well COs have spoken. They'll try again in 4 years

Fonthill
Seasoned Member

Postby Fonthill » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:00 am

callofduty288 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:09 am
CSN efforts are dead. No new union. A lot of very senior cos dont want to jeopardize their pensions. They would've been great for cos with less than 20 years in but oh well COs have spoken. They'll try again in 4 years
I heard the other way around they appeared to have the votes to file

And people I spoken too. I would say like close to 100% filed their card.

And isn’t it sad that Opsue only sticking point was the pension. So, what opsue was basically saying, we don’t give a f@@k about you for the first 30 years and leave us alone while we collect your dues. But hey, thank you for your dues, bye. Here is your pension.

callofduty288
Rookie Member

Postby callofduty288 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:29 am

Fonthill wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:00 am
callofduty288 wrote:

And isn’t it sad that Opsue only sticking point was the pension. So, what opsue was basically saying, we don’t give a f@@k about you for the first 30 years and leave us alone while we collect your dues. But hey, thank you for your dues, bye. Here is your pension.
Ill ask around, I was one of the first people to sign that card. I despise opseu I paid more dues on ot than regular time. Grievances take years.. also I dont like that they will file any stupid grievance people want to file and it clogs up legit ones. Thats just on basic level not considering them being in bed with ministry and not giving a flying f...k about cos

Fonthill
Seasoned Member

Postby Fonthill » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:04 am

callofduty288 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:29 am
Fonthill wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:00 am
callofduty288 wrote:

Ill ask around, I was one of the first people to sign that card. I despise opseu I paid more dues on ot than regular time. Grievances take years.. also I dont like that they will file any stupid grievance people want to file and it clogs up legit ones. Thats just on basic level not considering them being in bed with ministry and not giving a flying f...k about cos
Love the post :)

Yeah, from what I was told it was hush hush meaning they probably have the required cards to vote to file. It would be an amazing Christmas gift if they filed :).

There should be no reason a grievance takes over year to be heard.

I know a lot of senior officer have voted to card with CSN.

AirP
Rookie Member

Postby AirP » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:59 pm

Last edited by AirP on Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.