Ontario Correctional Services

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
switched-on
Rookie Member

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby switched-on » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:19 pm

Julie,

You will have to do FITCO after you apply. They'll send you all that information after testing.

fitch
Rookie Member

Postby fitch » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:03 pm

The process is

-Apply
-Invitation to written tests
-Results of test
->If pass invitation to FITCO
->Background check and fingerprints
-FITCO
-Invitation for interview
-Reference Check
-Offer/Decline of employment

Rc1
Rookie Member

Postby Rc1 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:14 am

hey guys,

All the guys going in october for COTA hopefully the pre-course reading is going well for you! I look forward to meeting all of you on the 19!

I have a question for anyone who is at TSDC. How is it working there? What kind of hours are available to be picked up?
Thanks!

Victor_Lima
Rookie Member

Postby Victor_Lima » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:27 pm

fitch wrote:The process is

-Apply
-Invitation to written tests
-Results of test
->If pass invitation to FITCO
->Background check and fingerprints
-FITCO
-Invitation for interview
-Reference Check
-Offer/Decline of employment

Would this mean If I live in another province, I will have to go to Ontario on 3 deferent occasions during the applications process?
- First time for the written?
- Second time for the FITCO and Fingerprints?
- Third for the interview?

- How long does the process normally take from the time you apply, to getting a response back for the test, to the interview to the offer date?
- I would like to know this so that I can figure out if I should stay in Ontario for a 1-2 weeks period kinda thing or go to Ontario for a few days, then back to Alberta, Back to Ontario and so on

Also, Can anyone tell me what does the Background check include?

Thanks very much everyone.

TripleChev

Postby TripleChev » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:49 pm

Maybe just once if you don't pass the spelling portion of the written test. 8)

Victor_Lima
Rookie Member

Postby Victor_Lima » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:19 pm

mto823 wrote:Maybe just once if you don't pass the spelling portion of the written test. 8)

thanks,

any serious people that can help?

RemingtonSteel
Veteran Member

Postby RemingtonSteel » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:49 pm

The whole process of application to job offer for me was about 8 months. It's between 1 and 3 months each step of the process.
If a man speaks his mind in the forest and a woman doesn't hear it, is he still wrong?

Whenever I feel sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead - true story

Victor_Lima
Rookie Member

Postby Victor_Lima » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:49 am

RemingtonSteel wrote:The whole process of application to job offer for me was about 8 months. It's between 1 and 3 months each step of the process.

Thank you

krose004
Rookie Member

Postby krose004 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:13 am

Hey Everyone,

Applied for both the CX-01 (Praries) and CX-02 Primary Worker positions. I didn't take corrections in school, but I did take police foundations. I've read up a bit on the corrections process but I still have some questions. Does anyone know how long the process would take for someone with experience both in security and as a child and youth worker? Or if someone has a similar background with the application process that would be great. Also does anyone have any insight on the amount of people they are looking for, and where most applicants will be reassigned to?

Thanks guys!

uabm
Rookie Member

Postby uabm » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 pm

krose004 wrote:Hey Everyone,

Applied for both the CX-01 (Praries) and CX-02 Primary Worker positions. I didn't take corrections in school, but I did take police foundations. I've read up a bit on the corrections process but I still have some questions. Does anyone know how long the process would take for someone with experience both in security and as a child and youth worker? Or if someone has a similar background with the application process that would be great. Also does anyone have any insight on the amount of people they are looking for, and where most applicants will be reassigned to?

Thanks guys!

You should probably post this in the Federal Corrections thread.

Madeline236
Grand Poobah

Postby Madeline236 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:00 am

uabm wrote:
krose004 wrote:Hey Everyone,

Thanks guys!

You should probably post this in the Federal Corrections thread.

Besides the wise attention to detail advice from uabm, no process is going to make things faster for you based on the fact you worked in security and looked after kids. Even if you were in special forces and seconded to Fed Sec, you'd still not get a faster application. Only time I've heard of a faster process in any type of law enforcement is when a veteran police officer wants to lateral to another service.

Rc1
Rookie Member

Postby Rc1 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:31 pm

I'll be seeing some of you at COTA tomorrow evening!!!

fitch
Rookie Member

Postby fitch » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Yes you will ! Excited to meet you all. Nervous for the course. Packing right now

imran.alvi
Rookie Member

Postby imran.alvi » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:22 pm

fitch wrote:Yes you will ! Excited to meet you all. Nervous for the course. Packing right now

All packed, headed out now. See u soon... rc1 + fitch!

To the rest, ill provide weekly updates in regards to COTA for anyone interested!

HumanPylon
Rookie Member

Postby HumanPylon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:11 pm

imran.alvi wrote:
fitch wrote:Yes you will ! Excited to meet you all. Nervous for the course. Packing right now

All packed, headed out now. See u soon... rc1 + fitch!

To the rest, ill provide weekly updates in regards to COTA for anyone interested!

May not be the best idea to post what's going on at cota. There's a reason nobody else has