Calgary Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Bburn403
Rookie Member

Re: Calgary Police Service

Postby Bburn403 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:56 pm

Evening everyone,

I applied to CPS in the last week of January. I received a reply a week later stating I was missing information about my address history. I emailed the requested details to the recruitment email and still haven't heard back. Is that normal? It's been well over a month.

GoForTheGold18
Rookie Member

Postby GoForTheGold18 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:52 pm

Bburn403 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:56 pm
Evening everyone,

I applied to CPS in the last week of January. I received a reply a week later stating I was missing information about my address history. I emailed the requested details to the recruitment email and still haven't heard back. Is that normal? It's been well over a month.
I wouldn't worry too much. Also, I don't think it would hurt to send a follow up email and request confirmation of your information being received.

prswp
Rookie Member

Postby prswp » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:10 am

I second the follow up email.

If it makes you feel better, when myself and a friend applied last year, we both applied in January and heard nothing until May. They are not kidding when they say the process takes a long time.