Calgary Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

kpete848

Re: Calgary Police Service

Postby kpete848 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:09 pm

John1991 wrote:
Chris403 wrote:Hey Everyone,

I am curious if anyone knows what the turn around time is with the new online application process. I re-submitted my application after my deferral period expired and am coming up on 4 weeks since I sent in my application. I know with my original application I was contacted within a week of CPS receiving my application. I am sure they probably have a surplus of applications with the ending of the hiring freeze as well, but am starting to wonder if I should follow up with recruiting to make sure they did indeed receive my application.

Any thoughts?
I submitted my paper application just before the beginning of the online one. Date of submission was December 19th. On January 16th, I received an email that my application and that a recruiting officer would be in touch in a few weeks. Did not hear anything since then and starting to wonder as well if I should email them. I gave them a couple of calls but they never answer the phone. Left a voicemail but did not hear anything back... Really hoping for an answer this week.
This is not a quick process, The whole thing takes upwards of a year or two sometimes... one of the first things recruiters look for is how your patience is ... Just wait it out you have left messages and im sure they have been received... There is probably upwards of a few hundred applicants trying now with the hiring flux so the last thing you want to do is to come off needy or impatient

John1991
Rookie Member

Postby John1991 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:16 pm

Thanks Kpete, this is what I figured as well but the wait game from since I dropped my application seems to be longer than what other members shared on this forum. But with the hiring freeze and changes made with paperless applications, I expected a longer delay. Will have to wait and see, fingers crossed!

ReadySetGo
Rookie Member

Postby ReadySetGo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:36 pm

Keep in mind, one class just initiated and another is about to take place in March, recruiters likely have their hands tied in dealing with the current hiring. I waited for 2 months ish before heading anything back in 2016. Stay patient, they’ll be in touch soon.

Chris403
Rookie Member

Postby Chris403 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:09 am

I've been going through the process since 2016 so I definitely know it can take time. Just keep pushing through! Thanks for the response Kpete and Readysetgo.

John1991 hope you get contacted soon and good luck!

JambornJo
Rookie Member

Postby JambornJo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:36 pm

Does anyone know roughly what the net pay is for a recruit biweekly? This is for budgeting purposes thanks.

ccg25
Rookie Member

Postby ccg25 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:33 am

~$1,500 to $1,600 depending on which benefit coverage you choose.
Calgary Police Service

John1991
Rookie Member

Postby John1991 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Thanks for the response and words of encouragements! I just passed my ACT and APCAT! Ready to tackle the A-PREP now. Good luck to the new recruits and to all applicants!

hsinom

Postby hsinom » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:17 pm

I'm a BC applicant. However I'm confused how to proceed with the supplemental vision report forms for night vision testing. I was told by our local optometrist that this is not a option available in BC. Does anyone with experience tell me how I should proceed?
CBSA:
Applied- Aug 2017
Inventory/Request for documents- Dec 2017
Interview- Sept 2018
Security Sent- Sept 2018
Psych - Oct 2018
Medical - Feb 2019
Pare- April 2019
Security Interview - May 2019
Security Clearance- ?
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

thekazjed
Rookie Member

Postby thekazjed » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:07 pm

Certainly feels good to finally be doing something with my time. I applied about 2 months ago. Unfortunately haven’t heard anything back...yet. Before I get flak from everyone. I’m not asking how long it takes or when will my FC get ahold of me. Just thought that instead of being a long time lurker to start being a poster as well.

Good luck everyone.

ReadySetGo
Rookie Member

Postby ReadySetGo » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:12 pm

thekazjed wrote:Certainly feels good to finally be doing something with my time. I applied about 2 months ago. Unfortunately haven’t heard anything back...yet. Before I get flak from everyone. I’m not asking how long it takes or when will my FC get ahold of me. Just thought that instead of being a long time lurker to start being a poster as well.

Good luck everyone.
2 months seems a bit long in my opinion, but they are probably pretty busy up in recruiting putting together the class for summer (not sure if this class is full yet). Sometimes they’ll put your file on the back burner for certain circumstances. Ie. out of town applicants. I’d give it another week or so and if you don’t hear anything, give recruiting a call and see if your file was assigned to anyone.

prswp
Rookie Member

Postby prswp » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:47 pm

I submitted my application at the end of January and have not heard anything other than an email from Recruiting when I updated some information saying someone would contact me "soon" to schedule testing. That was six weeks ago. Could be busy, but I am debating calling them today just to check in.

BSO20620

Postby BSO20620 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:47 pm

They got a huge back log of applications. They get to you when they get to you.
Alberta Community Peace Officer

RCMP Alberta Applicant
App: May 2018
SP: June 2018
RMAQ: July 2018
RMAQ Rec: Sept 2018
PEP: Oct 2018
PEP Rec: Dec 2018
Med: Dec 2018
Med Clearance: Feb 2019
BGI: Jan 2019
SC: May 2019
Troop 21 September 23

edulima
Rookie Member

Postby edulima » Wed May 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Hello everyone,

I got selected few months ago and had completed my medicals just a week ago. My file manager did mention that I will likely start classes in June. At this moment, I'm wondering how long it takes to receive an offer letter from the day medicals is completed? Do you get offer letter via email or mail?

Thanks!

ReadySetGo
Rookie Member

Postby ReadySetGo » Wed May 09, 2018 11:48 pm

edulima wrote:Hello everyone,

I got selected few months ago and had completed my medicals just a week ago. My file manager did mention that I will likely start classes in June. At this moment, I'm wondering how long it takes to receive an offer letter from the day medicals is completed? Do you get offer letter via email or mail?

Thanks!
You will be contacted by either your Sergeant or someone from HR and you’ll have to go in and sign your offer letter. They’ll give you a secondary copy for your records. The entire process takes about ten minutes. Congratulations on being selected!

edulima
Rookie Member

Postby edulima » Thu May 10, 2018 2:08 pm

ReadySetGo wrote:
edulima wrote:Hello everyone,

Thanks!
You will be contacted by either your Sergeant or someone from HR and you’ll have to go in and sign your offer letter. They’ll give you a secondary copy for your records. The entire process takes about ten minutes. Congratulations on being selected!
Thanks a lot!