Calgary Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
ccg25
Rookie Member

Re: Calgary Police Service

Postby ccg25 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:17 am

ReadySetGo wrote:
KHSine wrote:Hello,

Just looking to know if anyone else is in a similar position. I have completed all aspects of the application up to and including the polygraph but have now heard nothing. I am choosing to believe no news is good news. I know that not much will be determined until the city solidifies their budgets but I am curious if anyone else is in a similar position? Should I have heard by now?

Thank you in advance.

Application -Oct 13, 2016
ACT/APCAT - Jan15th, 2017
APREP-April 22nd, 2017
PDI - May 29th, 2017
Pannel - Aug 14th, 2017
Psyhc - Aug 16th, 2017
Polygraph - Oct 4th, 2017
Background -
Selection -

You're sitting just fine, and your timeline is actually pretty good considering the freeze. I've personally been waiting on selection since April and still haven't heard anything. Be patient, it'll pay off.

This is the best advice you could get right now and I couldn't t agree more. I remember being in the process and waiting to hear if I passed each stage and then waiting to hear I got selected. The waiting is definitely the hardest and most stressful part. Be patient and it will pay off. Trust me, it's worth the wait. I have been on the street for 15 weeks now and am coming to the end of my coach phase. All of it has been amazing. It's the best job and so much fun. Try and relax and not worry too much. Hopefully you will both make it.

Good luck with the rest of the process.

If anyone has any questions about anything related to the process or classes, feel free to ask.
Constable - Calgary Police Service

KHSine
Rookie Member

Postby KHSine » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:22 am

ReadySetGo wrote:

Just looking to know if anyone else is in a similar position. I have completed all aspects of the application up to and including the polygraph but have now heard nothing. I am choosing to believe no news is good news. I know that not much will be determined until the city solidifies their budgets but I am curious if anyone else is in a similar position? Should I have heard by now?

Thank you in advance.

APREP-April 22nd, 2017
PDI - May 29th, 2017
Pannel - Aug 14th, 2017
Psyhc - Aug 16th, 2017
Background -
Selection -

You're sitting just fine, and your timeline is actually pretty good considering the freeze. I've personally been waiting on selection since April and still haven't heard anything. Be patient, it'll pay off.

Thanks for the words of support and advice. I'll just keep hanging in there. Really hope it happens in the new year.
All the Best

KHSine
Rookie Member

Postby KHSine » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:24 am

ccg25 wrote:
ReadySetGo wrote:

Thank you in advance.

APREP-April 22nd, 2017
PDI - May 29th, 2017
Pannel - Aug 14th, 2017
Psyhc - Aug 16th, 2017
Background -
Selection -

This is the best advice you could get right now and I couldn't t agree more. I remember being in the process and waiting to hear if I passed each stage and then waiting to hear I got selected. The waiting is definitely the hardest and most stressful part. Be patient and it will pay off. Trust me, it's worth the wait. I have been on the street for 15 weeks now and am coming to the end of my coach phase. All of it has been amazing. It's the best job and so much fun. Try and relax and not worry too much. Hopefully you will both make it.

Good luck with the rest of the process.

If anyone has any questions about anything related to the process or classes, feel free to ask.

Thank you for your reply. It great to hear from someone who has gone through the process. I appreciate your words of encouragement. One step at a time I'll get there
All the Best

cityblue
Veteran Member

Postby cityblue » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:04 am

Budget increase officially approved by the City this evening. Look forward to the wheels in recruiting to start moving forward again - good luck to all the applicants!

Number from this CBC article (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/c ... -1.4425721) indicates there's 55ish recruit spots about to get filled.

canadianmedic10
Rookie Member

Postby canadianmedic10 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:52 pm

cityblue wrote:Budget increase officially approved by the City this evening. Look forward to the wheels in recruiting to start moving forward again - good luck to all the applicants!

Number from this CBC article (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/c ... -1.4425721) indicates there's 55ish recruit spots about to get filled.

Well that is great news. I haven't been on this forum for awhile. I hope everyone is doing well.

AHP309
Seasoned Member

Postby AHP309 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Looking a little closer at the budget shows 14.3 million for increased staff, which includes civilians and officers. Not going to be 55 additional recruits.

The rest of the 20 million is being spent on body worn cameras, and no doubt some of the civilians being hired will maintain the cameras & storage of the audio/video.

ReadySetGo
Rookie Member

Postby ReadySetGo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:57 pm

Good luck to everyone going through selection next week

KHSine
Rookie Member

Postby KHSine » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:56 pm

ReadySetGo wrote:Good luck to everyone going through selection next week

When during the week does selection normally happen?
Also does anyone have any idea when the first class might be?

ReadySetGo
Rookie Member

Postby ReadySetGo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:03 pm

KHSine wrote:

There will be a class in January. Typically, selection is held on the last Wednesday of the month, but this month it is happening a bit early.

cityblue
Veteran Member

Postby cityblue » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:08 pm

KHSine wrote:

January 22 is the word for the next class to go.

KHSine
Rookie Member

Postby KHSine » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:51 pm

One more question. Any idea of how many class might be happening in 2018?

ReadySetGo
Rookie Member

Postby ReadySetGo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:27 pm

KHSine wrote:One more question. Any idea of how many class might be happening in 2018?

As far as I know, there are just the two scheduled so far, which I'm assuming will use up the budget for the 50ish 2018 new hires.

KHSine
Rookie Member

Postby KHSine » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:37 am

ReadySetGo wrote:
KHSine wrote:One more question. Any idea of how many class might be happening in 2018?

As far as I know, there are just the two scheduled so far, which I'm assuming will use up the budget for the 50ish 2018 new hires.

If the first class starts in Jan, any idea when the second class be?

ReadySetGo
Rookie Member

Postby ReadySetGo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:55 am

KHSine wrote:
ReadySetGo wrote:

If the first class starts in Jan, any idea when the second class be?

Yes, it is scheduled for the end of March. The 28th I believe.

cityblue
Veteran Member

Postby cityblue » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:19 am

4 classes - 2 will be for the additional bodies allocated in the budget update with 2 to maintain attrition. First class Jan 22 (of course, subject to change, but that's what it is currently listed and what the injured/new recruits have been getting told).

If they follow the structure of the newly designed class schedule, they can run classes on intervals of 6 weeks. I don't know if that re-design is actually in place, but that was the theory.