Calgary Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Bburn403
Rookie Member

Re: Calgary Police Service

Postby Bburn403 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:56 pm

Evening everyone,

I applied to CPS in the last week of January. I received a reply a week later stating I was missing information about my address history. I emailed the requested details to the recruitment email and still haven't heard back. Is that normal? It's been well over a month.

GoForTheGold18
Rookie Member

Postby GoForTheGold18 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:52 pm

Bburn403 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:56 pm
Evening everyone,

I applied to CPS in the last week of January. I received a reply a week later stating I was missing information about my address history. I emailed the requested details to the recruitment email and still haven't heard back. Is that normal? It's been well over a month.
I wouldn't worry too much. Also, I don't think it would hurt to send a follow up email and request confirmation of your information being received.

prswp
Rookie Member

Postby prswp » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:10 am

I second the follow up email.

If it makes you feel better, when myself and a friend applied last year, we both applied in January and heard nothing until May. They are not kidding when they say the process takes a long time.

Chris403
Rookie Member

Postby Chris403 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:15 pm

ReadySetGo wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:07 pm
Chris403 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:51 am
Hey everyone!

I have a question for those who have made it through aprep and into recruiting. I have my Aprep testing in 3 weeks and am currently doing the 6 weeks to a better leger. I am currently running on a treadmill 3:3 @ 7.4 miles per hour as my fast pace. In your experience do you think this speed would produce a successful outcome in testing? I am having a tough time breaking past that speed. Any advice even though I am only three weeks out?

Thanks,
First I'd like to say its nice to see this thread is active again after a while of nobody commenting. It's always nice to see applicants that care enough to ask some questions that keeping them up at night, I know it sure helped me going through the process.

As for the APREP and specifically the leger, what I can tell you is that a level 7 by average standards is not a very high score. It's hard to tell what your pace on a treadmill is like in comparison to how well you will do on the leger considering so much of it depends on your ability to stop and turn, and accelerate several times. What I can tell you, is that people in my recruit class who were running around the same treadmill speed as you, were able to pass the leger, but not as easily as those who ran say 8-9mph for 3:3.

All in all, I wouldn't stress much about passing the leger, what applicants need to consider is how difficult the actual training is once you're accepted, as the expectations of you only continue to increase.
Thanks for the response.

I tend to be able to do my last minute at 8.1 miles/hour on a good day. I run next week so it's crunch time. I Will be focusing on 4-5km runs this week and a few beep tests. I ran it by myself the other day and got to about 6.8. I am hoping with the adrenalin and the push of running with others I will pass it and than I can continue training and increasing my times for when I am accepted.

t712989
Rookie Member

Postby t712989 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:58 pm

Chris403 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:15 pm
ReadySetGo wrote:
Chris403 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:51 am
Hey everyone!

I have a question for those who have made it through aprep and into recruiting. I have my Aprep testing in 3 weeks and am currently doing the 6 weeks to a better leger. I am currently running on a treadmill 3:3 @ 7.4 miles per hour as my fast pace. In your experience do you think this speed would produce a successful outcome in testing? I am having a tough time breaking past that speed. Any advice even though I am only three weeks out?

Thanks,
First I'd like to say its nice to see this thread is active again after a while of nobody commenting. It's always nice to see applicants that care enough to ask some questions that keeping them up at night, I know it sure helped me going through the process.

As for the APREP and specifically the leger, what I can tell you is that a level 7 by average standards is not a very high score. It's hard to tell what your pace on a treadmill is like in comparison to how well you will do on the leger considering so much of it depends on your ability to stop and turn, and accelerate several times. What I can tell you, is that people in my recruit class who were running around the same treadmill speed as you, were able to pass the leger, but not as easily as those who ran say 8-9mph for 3:3.

All in all, I wouldn't stress much about passing the leger, what applicants need to consider is how difficult the actual training is once you're accepted, as the expectations of you only continue to increase.
Thanks for the response.

I tend to be able to do my last minute at 8.1 miles/hour on a good day. I run next week so it's crunch time. I Will be focusing on 4-5km runs this week and a few beep tests. I ran it by myself the other day and got to about 6.8. I am hoping with the adrenalin and the push of running with others I will pass it and than I can continue training and increasing my times for when I am accepted.
How did it go man?

Chris403
Rookie Member

Postby Chris403 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:04 pm

t712989 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:58 pm
Chris403 wrote:
ReadySetGo wrote:

Thanks for the response.

How did it go man?
Passed! Have my personal disclosure interview next Wednesday.

t712989
Rookie Member

Postby t712989 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:27 pm

Chris403 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:04 pm
t712989 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:58 pm
Chris403 wrote:

Thanks for the response.

How did it go man?
Passed! Have my personal disclosure interview next Wednesday.
Congrats! The personal disclosure is probably the easiest part in all of this. Good luck on the rest.