Toronto Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

JeanFrancois
Seasoned Member

Re: Toronto Police Service Information session attire

Postby JeanFrancois » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:33 pm

Username123 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:43 am
air wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:28 pm
Is there a recommended attire for YRP/TPS information sessions? I read that a suit is recommend for interviews which makes total sense. In this case it those are just information sessions.
I will say this...there will be a mixture of individuals in regular clothes and suits. You will not be disqualified or prevented from going through the application if you wear regular clothes. However, if it is one of your strategies to get to know the recruiters and have them remember you, then I would recommend a suit. If not, I would not worry too much. Either way, it will not have an effect on your chances.
You will be taken less seriously; I've had conversations with active PC's who used to work in recruiting. There are different piles on where the applications go; that's not to say you wouldn't be considered, Just not as fast as you might be if you spend a little bit of time on professionalism.
CBSA:
App: August 2018
O.T.E.E: Sept 2018
Interview: Jan 21 2019
PAL: Jul 2019
MMPI-2 Testing: Sept 6 2019
Psychologist Appointment: Sept 16 2019

My views and opinions are my own.

JeanFrancois
Seasoned Member

Re: Toronto Police Service Information session attire

Postby JeanFrancois » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:33 pm

Username123 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:43 am
air wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:28 pm
Is there a recommended attire for YRP/TPS information sessions? I read that a suit is recommend for interviews which makes total sense. In this case it those are just information sessions.
I will say this...there will be a mixture of individuals in regular clothes and suits. You will not be disqualified or prevented from going through the application if you wear regular clothes. However, if it is one of your strategies to get to know the recruiters and have them remember you, then I would recommend a suit. If not, I would not worry too much. Either way, it will not have an effect on your chances.
You will be taken less seriously; I've had conversations with active PC's who used to work in recruiting. There are different piles on where the applications go; that's not to say you wouldn't be considered, Just not as fast as you might be if you spend a little bit of time on professionalism.
CBSA:
App: August 2018
O.T.E.E: Sept 2018
Interview: Jan 21 2019
PAL: Jul 2019
MMPI-2 Testing: Sept 6 2019
Psychologist Appointment: Sept 16 2019

My views and opinions are my own.

BlueJeep
Rookie Member

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby BlueJeep » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:51 pm

ONFed wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:54 am
Username123 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:38 pm
Has anyone been deferred/received an offer recently?
Did my PBQ and LFI almost 2 weeks ago. I haven't gotten an interview invite nor did I receive a rejection notice in my email. Do they tell you whether or not you passed the LFI?

Best of luck to all those applying for the December class.
I also did mine 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten any invite/rejection email yet. I'm guessing it will be next week or sometime before the scheduled mentoring session.

Best of luck to all those applying/waiting!

Username123
Rookie Member

Postby Username123 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:46 pm

ONFed wrote:
Username123 wrote:
Did my PBQ and LFI almost 2 weeks ago. I haven't gotten an interview invite nor did I receive a rejection notice in my email. Do they tell you whether or not you passed the LFI?

If you pass, they will send you an email scheduling your ECI. If you fail, they will also send an email. I think that you will get a response soon!

ONFed
Rookie Member

Postby ONFed » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:55 am

Yea I think they'll most likely send out responses before the mentoring session. I vaguely remember one of the officers saying that responses will be sent around 2 weeks after the PBQ/LFI. They're taking about 120 recruits so I'm sure they're busy.

On a side note, does anyone know if you have to pass hearing and vision standards in the medical evaluation?

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:15 pm

ONFed wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:55 am
Yea I think they'll most likely send out responses before the mentoring session. I vaguely remember one of the officers saying that responses will be sent around 2 weeks after the PBQ/LFI. They're taking about 120 recruits so I'm sure they're busy.

On a side note, does anyone know if you have to pass hearing and vision standards in the medical evaluation?
Yes, they will retest your hearing and vision.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

Majha85
Rookie Member

Postby Majha85 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:32 am

Hi there,
Can someone tell me if GIS or other mentoring sessions are mandatory to attend(the thing is they mostly happen on Monday and Friday and those are my work days) if i want to apply to TPS or i can apply directly after getting COR from ATS? And how long is the whole process approximately after sending online application? Your response will be highly appreciated :D

elite123
Rookie Member

Postby elite123 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:19 pm

Majha85 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:32 am
Hi there,
Can someone tell me if GIS or other mentoring sessions are mandatory to attend(the thing is they mostly happen on Monday and Friday and those are my work days) if i want to apply to TPS or i can apply directly after getting COR from ATS? And how long is the whole process approximately after sending online application? Your response will be highly appreciated :D
GIS are not a requirement to apply to the TPS, but they are a great way to familiarize yourself with the recruiters who you will see plenty of throughout your application process

Response time varies for everyone. My PBQ / LFI was over a month ago and am currently waiting for a response for the next step.

ONFed
Rookie Member

Postby ONFed » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:21 am

BlueJeep wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:51 pm
ONFed wrote:
Username123 wrote:

I also did mine 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten any invite/rejection email yet. I'm guessing it will be next week or sometime before the scheduled mentoring session.

Still havent heard back anything from them. Guess it'll probably be sometime after the mentoring session.

BlueJeep
Rookie Member

Postby BlueJeep » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:37 am

ONFed wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:21 am
BlueJeep wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:51 pm
ONFed wrote:

Still havent heard back anything from them. Guess it'll probably be sometime after the mentoring session.

Haven’t heard anything either. We’ll know after the mentoring session. See you there 8)

elite123
Rookie Member

Postby elite123 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:54 am

Hey guys, anyone recently move onto the LFI / ECI interview stage of the process? My PBQ and info session were over a month ago and I've yet to get any updates. Much appreciated

ktb89
Rookie Member

Postby ktb89 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:31 pm

elite123 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:54 am
Hey guys, anyone recently move onto the LFI / ECI interview stage of the process? My PBQ and info session were over a month ago and I've yet to get any updates. Much appreciated
I did my PBQ just over a month ago and waiting for an update as well.

toban13
Rookie Member

Postby toban13 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:50 pm

Hey guys, I have been invited to do the written LFI/PBQ. I was wondering what to expect on them?

I know the PBQ would be a background questionnaire, but what would be on the LFI? Is it just general knowledge of policing, things about Toronto, city politics, etc? I am only asking because I am out of province and the police process in Alberta is completely different than Ontario. Thank you for the help!

elite123
Rookie Member

Postby elite123 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:32 pm

toban13 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:50 pm
Hey guys, I have been invited to do the written LFI/PBQ. I was wondering what to expect on them?

I know the PBQ would be a background questionnaire, but what would be on the LFI? Is it just general knowledge of policing, things about Toronto, city politics, etc? I am only asking because I am out of province and the police process in Alberta is completely different than Ontario. Thank you for the help!
Not allowed to go into specifics of the questions on the LFI / PBQ, but definitely know your interactions with any law enforcement personnel and any citations or tickets you've been given.

I will also mention that you should dress your best and be a professional. You are hoping to represent the TPS, so you should act in such a manner.

Best of luck!

sinanulukanligil
Rookie Member

Postby sinanulukanligil » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:37 pm

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how long it takes for them to call you for the first stage on avarage?

I applied to Toronto Police Service July 21st but did not hear back from them.

Also, is it true that they invite every applicant for the first stage?