Toronto Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Iv.sanchez
Rookie Member

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby Iv.sanchez » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:26 am

TPS just posted openings for Cadet In Training as of Feb 24, 2020

Good luck guys

OfficerK2
Rookie Member

Postby OfficerK2 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:47 am

Was just wondering, when there is a new job posting ID for police cadet in training. What does it mean for the one previous? Have they already looked at all the applicants that applied for that posting? Just wondering how it works. I seen they just posted a new one as of FEB 24th, thanks guys

Aaron
Rookie Member

Postby Aaron » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:33 pm

OfficerK2 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:47 am
Was just wondering, when there is a new job posting ID for police cadet in training. What does it mean for the one previous? Have they already looked at all the applicants that applied for that posting? Just wondering how it works. I seen they just posted a new one as of FEB 24th, thanks guys
I had applied in December and received an invitation to the PBQ/LFI on Feb 24. I'm assuming they were on a temporary hiatus sifting through new applicants, and are just working through the backlog now.

jlee55
Rookie Member

Postby jlee55 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:13 pm

I am sure this has been asked before, but... can anyone provide detail about the LFI/PBQ? I am scheduled to go next month... From what I understand, its a background questionnaire (PBQ) but I am still a little confused by the LHI portion. Any insight? Thanks in advance.

Wingman19

Postby Wingman19 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:54 pm

jlee55 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:13 pm
I am sure this has been asked before, but... can anyone provide detail about the LFI/PBQ? I am scheduled to go next month... From what I understand, its a background questionnaire (PBQ) but I am still a little confused by the LHI portion. Any insight? Thanks in advance.
May I ask when you submitted your online application?

PBQ is not something you prepare for. You fill out a questionnaire, its very easy. For LFI, know every detail about yourself, the dates of any incidents, know your resume to its teeth. Prepare for some hypothetical questions. Practice and make sure you articulate your answers logically and clearly. Definitely google and use the search bar on this forum. Good luck!
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP sent: Dec 13 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
recom Dec 16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
App recom: Jan 11
PBQ: Feb 10
Suitability: Feb 26
RMAQ: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

jlee55
Rookie Member

Postby jlee55 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:11 pm

May I ask when you submitted your online application?

PBQ is not something you prepare for. You fill out a questionnaire, its very easy. For LFI, know every detail about yourself, the dates of any incidents, know your resume to its teeth. Prepare for some hypothetical questions. Practice and make sure you articulate your answers logically and clearly. Definitely google and use the search bar on this forum. Good luck!
I applied mid-January and heard back about one month later. Based on the TPS website, it seems there is a written LFI and a blended interview (LFI/ECI), but not much information beyond that... all I know is that there is a written portion, so I'm going to try and find some resources this week to practice..

kronos2000
Rookie Member

Postby kronos2000 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:58 pm

Aaron wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:33 pm
OfficerK2 wrote:
I had applied in December and received an invitation to the PBQ/LFI on Feb 24. I'm assuming they were on a temporary hiatus sifting through new applicants, and are just working through the backlog now.
May I ask when In December you applied?

Aaron
Rookie Member

Postby Aaron » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:29 pm

kronos2000 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:58 pm
Aaron wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:33 pm
OfficerK2 wrote:
May I ask when In December you applied?
Boxing Day.

Bry0905
Rookie Member

Postby Bry0905 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:14 pm

I applied mid-January and heard back about one month later. Based on the TPS website, it seems there is a written LFI and a blended interview (LFI/ECI), but not much information beyond that... all I know is that there is a written portion, so I'm going to try and find some resources this week to practice..
I applied mid January too. Haven't heard anything. Maybe they're getting close to my app

Bry0905
Rookie Member

Postby Bry0905 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:15 pm

I applied mid January too. Haven't heard anything. Maybe they're getting close to my app

Wingman19

Postby Wingman19 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:29 pm

Bry0905 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:15 pm
Same, haven't heard anything as well lol. TPS is the last one on the list that I haven't received a response from. They take awhile to get back to you. They are flooded at the moment.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP sent: Dec 13 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
recom Dec 16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
App recom: Jan 11
PBQ: Feb 10
Suitability: Feb 26
RMAQ: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

kronos2000
Rookie Member

Postby kronos2000 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:01 pm

Any advice on how to be prepared for the LFI/PBQ? Do I need to bring records of driving history, resume/cover and all that Jazz?

Is there math questions? (Have no idea what they will ask about)

Also what is the process? It says I’ll need to fill out a general knowledge form and then the PBQ. Are they handed in after and we individually get interviewed based on our answers? Don’t know what to expect!

Thank you

elite123
Rookie Member

Postby elite123 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:13 pm

kronos2000 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:01 pm
Any advice on how to be prepared for the LFI/PBQ? Do I need to bring records of driving history, resume/cover and all that Jazz?

Is there math questions? (Have no idea what they will ask about)

Also what is the process? It says I’ll need to fill out a general knowledge form and then the PBQ. Are they handed in after and we individually get interviewed based on our answers? Don’t know what to expect!

Thank you
No math questions
Know your resume and driving history inside and out. Doesn't hurt to have a resume and cover letter on you at all times.

kronos2000
Rookie Member

Postby kronos2000 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:40 am

Perfect - Thank you.

It also says that I will have to answer “general knowledge” questions on the LFI. General knowledge in regard to what? About the police service (name of chief etc)? About myself and why I’m applying? It’s pretty vague :cry:

Fonthill
Veteran Member

Postby Fonthill » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:22 pm

kronos2000 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:40 am
Perfect - Thank you.

It also says that I will have to answer “general knowledge” questions on the LFI. General knowledge in regard to what? About the police service (name of chief etc)? About myself and why I’m applying? It’s pretty vague :cry:
Why don’t you hold your hand out and ask that way
Correctional Officer, CO2