Toronto Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

kurzgesagt
Rookie Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:25 pm

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby kurzgesagt » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:14 pm

EngineerMaybe wrote:Congratulations to those who been given the ECI/LFI interview.

I went to the most recent PBQ/Pre Interview session.

Has anyone actually given a rejection email?
Or will only those who will go to the blended interviews will be given a reply?
No rejection email but no interview offer either. I'm inclined to believe only those who move on are contacted. I don't know what that means for the rest of us. Is our application in limbo? will we get deferred? are there more interviews coming up? Who knows. I take comfort in some timelines I see on this thread, with many applicants waiting 1-2 months between phase 1 and 2.

EngineerMaybe
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:00 pm

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby EngineerMaybe » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:29 pm

kurzgesagt wrote:
EngineerMaybe wrote:Congratulations to those who been given the ECI/LFI interview.

I went to the most recent PBQ/Pre Interview session.

Has anyone actually given a rejection email?
Or will only those who will go to the blended interviews will be given a reply?
No rejection email but no interview offer either. I'm inclined to believe only those who move on are contacted. I don't know what that means for the rest of us. Is our application in limbo? will we get deferred? are there more interviews coming up? Who knows. I take comfort in some timelines I see on this thread, with many applicants waiting 1-2 months between phase 1 and 2.
Thanks for the reply.
Lets hope.

Perhaps we can find better luck with other services or apply again at a different time.

runningguy
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby runningguy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:35 am

Don't be discouraged guys. "No news is good news". They are processing so many applicants, don't sweat it. If you're at your competitive best you will be seen! Keep improving yourself no matter what

kurzgesagt
Rookie Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:25 pm

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby kurzgesagt » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:30 pm

runningguy wrote:Don't be discouraged guys. "No news is good news". They are processing so many applicants, don't sweat it. If you're at your competitive best you will be seen! Keep improving yourself no matter what
Words to live by :)

EngineerMaybe
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:00 pm

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby EngineerMaybe » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:43 pm

runningguy wrote:Don't be discouraged guys. "No news is good news". They are processing so many applicants, don't sweat it. If you're at your competitive best you will be seen! Keep improving yourself no matter what
Good Advice.

I have just been given an ECI/LFI date by Gods will!

Everyone keep your heads up.
Hoping to be your colleagues.

runningguy
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby runningguy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:06 pm

EngineerMaybe wrote:
runningguy wrote:Don't be discouraged guys. "No news is good news". They are processing so many applicants, don't sweat it. If you're at your competitive best you will be seen! Keep improving yourself no matter what
Good Advice.

I have just been given an ECI/LFI date by Gods will!

Everyone keep your heads up.
Hoping to be your colleagues.
Congrats! Get ready and ace it!!

Jerry523
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:41 pm

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby Jerry523 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:40 pm

Passed ECI/LFI on first attempt. Anyone proceeding to the Background stage yet?

NEPatriot_Dave
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:03 pm

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby NEPatriot_Dave » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:46 pm

Jerry523 wrote:Passed ECI/LFI on first attempt. Anyone proceeding to the Background stage yet?

Currently on Background/Psych at the moment. Had the MMPI last week, you?

OntarioNavy
Rookie Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby OntarioNavy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:14 pm

Received a. Email saying I have been taken out of the process, and must wait 3 years to re-apply. The email also said “all active applications will be withdrawn” does that mean all active applications with other services?

Anyone have any insight on why I may have received a 3 year deferral? Seems pretty steep.

ravigill35
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:37 pm

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby ravigill35 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:07 pm

OntarioNavy wrote:Received a. Email saying I have been taken out of the process, and must wait 3 years to re-apply. The email also said “all active applications will be withdrawn” does that mean all active applications with other services?

Anyone have any insight on why I may have received a 3 year deferral? Seems pretty steep.
Sure sounds like that. I looked up your past posts and alot of them seem to be concerning BGIs.

Slovak4188
Veteran Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby Slovak4188 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:53 pm

OntarioNavy wrote:Received a. Email saying I have been taken out of the process, and must wait 3 years to re-apply. The email also said “all active applications will be withdrawn” does that mean all active applications with other services?

Anyone have any insight on why I may have received a 3 year deferral? Seems pretty steep.
I got a year back in summer of 2013. You're not going to be able to apply again anywhere in Ontario for some time.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

OntarioNavy
Rookie Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby OntarioNavy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Being deferred from one service for a length of time applies to all services? So I won’t be able to apply anywhere for three years essentially?

Slovak4188
Veteran Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby Slovak4188 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:26 pm

OntarioNavy wrote:Being deferred from one service for a length of time applies to all services? So I won’t be able to apply anywhere for three years essentially?
Depends what stage it was at. Anything past the LFI is across all services. At least that's what it used to be.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

stanrip
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby stanrip » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Is their some sort of database that tracks all your applications and deferrals? I am confused why if you get deferred from one service you cant apply somewhere else?

Toronto1985
Sage Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:08 am

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby Toronto1985 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:40 pm

stanrip wrote:Is their some sort of database that tracks all your applications and deferrals? I am confused why if you get deferred from one service you cant apply somewhere else?
There is no database. I don’t think there is anyway. The onus is on you to be honest on all your applications. Services do talk to each other to inquire about applicants.

It really depends on the stage of the process. If you get deferred by one service at the PBQ stage, it won’t defer you automatically from applying to other services. However, if something in your PBQ is deferring you for a year from one service, it is likely that another service will feel the same way about about whatever it is you disclosed which is causing the deferral.

If you get deferred for a year for failing the ECI, that may also defer you automatically from other services. But, if the service doesn’t use the ECI process, for example YRP or Peel, then the ECI automatic deferral doesn’t apply.

Lots of variables.

Esited for spelling.
Border Services Officer


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Google [Bot], SemrushBot and 5 guests